Fargo Breakdown - Singles @ BCAPL Nationals

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do this for our league members so I thought I would share.....

fargo_break_down_062116.png

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So, is this just proposed with current entries? Pool players are lazy so I assume there will be a lot of us signing up on the last day.

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
This is based on the

15%
35%
35%
15%

of total entries model?

If so, I'll call it a mistake cause 525 is the entry level for a lot of 'unknown' male players. So they get to sneak into the second to the lowest division in the 8 ball. And for a 520 woman to play against a 720 woman, is not even the same ballpark.

I said it before. They should have done

20%
20%
20%
20%
20%

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I'm just wondering if I want to be a 611 or 612

It doesn't matter because you won't know which one you will need to be until after it is too late to be able to do anything about it.

And if it turns out more weaker or more stronger players end up signing up late it may end up that the cutoff line between those two divisions ends up being 598 or 625 instead of 611.

The percentage distribution model removes almost all incentive to try to sand bag because you don't know where the cutoff line will end up and you don't even know which direction it is going to shift or by how much.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is based on the

15%
35%
35%
15%

of total entries model?

If so, I'll call it a mistake cause 525 is the entry level for a lot of 'unknown' male players. So they get to sneak into the second to the lowest division in the 8 ball. And for a 520 woman to play against a 720 woman, is not even the same ballpark.

I said it before. They should have done

20%
20%
20%
20%
20%

Yes this uses the 15-35-35-15 model and my rounding might differ from CSI rounding.

I disagree with you. Today's unknown 525 player is last year's Open player.
This year we have Bronze / Silver / Gold / Platinum divisions.
Last year we had Leisure / Open / Advanced / Master divisions.
So if you ask me, the Silver division (where the 525's go according to this breakdown) is equivalent to the old Open division, which is exactly where they would have played in the past.
In addition, a good portion of the 525's will actually be LOWER than 525 once they get established.

So, is this just proposed with current entries? Pool players are lazy so I assume there will be a lot of us signing up on the last day.

Speaking of lazy...you didn't read the "as of June 21"? Just kidding.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Yes this uses the 15-35-35-15 model and my rounding might differ from CSI rounding.

I disagree with you. Today's unknown 525 player is last year's Open player.
This year we have Bronze / Silver / Gold / Platinum divisions.
Last year we had Leisure / Open / Advanced / Master divisions.
So if you ask me, the Silver division (where the 525's go according to this breakdown) is equivalent to the old Open division, which is exactly where they would have played in the past.
In addition, a good portion of the 525's will actually be LOWER than 525 once they get established.

Actually I am happy IF the 525 wind up in the lower division cause I am above a 525 and the less unknowns in my grouping, the better.

Thanks for the info and hopefully you post an update once the deadline hits.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Fargo, the town, Mike puts on tourneys called "quadrangle". Four divisions equally divided. Great tournaments, and my favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a new 525 and I think that's a little low for me. If it shakes out like this I'll request to be put into the gold for 8-ball.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Interesting:
Under the old system, if you did well in the Open Division you would go up to the Advanced Division.
The old way had an Open player as a Fargo 525 or under. An advanced player was started as a Fargo 625, but that puts em into the Platinum(Masters) Division now.
We may have to rethink our Fargo numbers.....

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Interesting:
Under the old system, if you did well in the Open Division you would go up to the Advanced Division.
The old way had an Open player as a Fargo 525 or under. An advanced player was started as a Fargo 625, but that puts em into the Platinum(Masters) Division now.

Don't have to rethink numbers. It just should have been broken down to 5 divisions. 20% in each. Same for the women.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting:

Yeha, I don't like that fact that I don't have any numbers and was started as a transitional 625 for whatever reason. Why I wasn't started at 525, I don't know and if I have to play in the top category, I wont have a chance. wtf

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeha, I don't like that fact that I don't have any numbers and was started as a transitional 625 for whatever reason. Why I wasn't started at 525, I don't know and if I have to play in the top category, I wont have a chance. wtf

The 625 likely means you were characterized as an "advanced" player before.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 625 likely means you were characterized as an "advanced" player before.

Before? I have never played in BCA. they said it was because I did well in a midwest tourney in Olathe. A 9ball tourney where I got like 12th (only time I ever placed). I just got moved up to intermediate in Valley last year for getting 9-12th in the open 9ball. I got 97th in the open 8ball. Doesn't make sense that I should fall into the highest category for BCA.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before? I have never played in BCA. they said it was because I did well in a midwest tourney in Olathe. A 9ball tourney where I got like 12th (only time I ever placed). I just got moved up to intermediate in Valley last year for getting 9-12th in the open 9ball. I got 97th in the open 8ball. Doesn't make sense that I should fall into the highest category for BCA.

You mean this one? where Dave Matlock and Alex Olinger finished 17-24?

Two of my kids went to GC, and I must have missed you at Rabbit's tavern...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.00.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.00.45 PM.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 490