Help....looking for a hard to find item

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am looking for the little thing that turns a pool table into a billiard table. i have seen it but don't know what it is called or where to get one. does anyone know and point me in the right direction.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I think you're refering to "carom plugs" which are small 90 degree rail corner sections that slip down into the pockets of a pocket billiard table to convert the table to a billiard/carom table. I'm not sure where they are available....you may want to contact the manufacturer of your table.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do a search for plugs, you'll get some hits.

That said, I am pretty confident that they are not something you will find:(

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carom Plugs

wakuljr said:
i am looking for the little thing that turns a pool table into a billiard table. i have seen it but don't know what it is called or where to get one. does anyone know and point me in the right direction.

WOW - 25 years since I seen a set. :) Pool room I shot out of in S. Jersey had a set that bolted into the pockets - my memory is a little gone but I remember they didn't play all that well and were probably homemade. However, here's a few thoughts or roads you might take in your search:

*Brunswick made a table (The Manhattan) in either the early 1900s or late 1800s that actually came with a set of plugs to convert the pocket table to carom. Might want to Brunswick.

*Billiard Restoration Service in Kansas restores alot of old vintage tables and may have a lead for you and even be able to build a set - not sure. Google Billiard Restoration Service.

*Put a post in the "Deno Andrews on Carom Billiards" section. Deno probably won't answer, :cool: , but a carom fan visitor may have info you.

*Probably the best bet, but may be a challenge, is Chevillote Billiards in France. They actually make a table that comes with inserts that slide right into the corners making a pocket table into a carom. Paragon Billiards in Canda is a dealer for Chevillote.

Good luck on your hunt. :)

Mick56

Go Pack!!!!!
Silver Member
Carom Plugs

I have an old set of carom plugs. PM sent.

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    plugs.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 385

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wakuljr said:
I think that Rick Malm (google, add "artistic pool" to the search terms) had a set of pocket blocks made for his Diamond table. They come up from time to time on eBay, but I haven't been keeping track of that sort of thing for a while. Jack and Jill in Brewster, NY had a set for their 9-ft GCs. Blatt Billiards in NYC probably has some or could make you some.

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Xxxxxxxxxx

Pocket blocks aren't much,I'll tell you something that works as well or better. We used to play billiards on a pool table by putting rubber balls
in the holes. The balls were kinda like minature beach balls. Wally World has them they make pretty good pocket blocks. Just put a little news-
paper in the holes force in the balls an its three cushion time. Also good for board games. (Amos&Andy an Keno)
Pinocchio

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks everyone, i have a client that is wanting a set. they are very difficult to find...LOL. thank you for all the suggestions. i will keep hunting. merry christmas to everyone also, have a happy and safe holiday

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Contact, John at OTLB. he posts daily in the mechanic's section. He can custom make you a set. He's out of Torington Connecticut.

Jay

Twice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiard plugs

Call Ken Hash at 410-256-8388 classic billiards, I remember seeing them on his site at one time. I would think, if anything else, he could point you in the right direction.

www.classicbilliards.net