Beware of member "kenas"

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Recently a new member named KENAS was selling his BK2 and a friend's BK2 and a case.

I sent him $100 up front for the cue and Dazzaaa sent him some money up front as well. Von Rhett also bought a case from him, but luckily only sent shipping.

He promised to send me tracking info. yesterday by 4pm at the latest, but failed to do so. He has since stopped communicating with all of us.

More red flags: He has a brand new account, he has a brand new Non-US Paypal account.

Dazaaa and I are pretty sure we have been taken. I filed a PayPal claim, anything else I can do?

Does Paypal ever get the money back?

Any advice is appreciated.

Kevin

TheDragon

I'm not Charlie Williams!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Paypal

I just got scammed recently by Michaelseah for a Non-US paypal account. Paypal has told me that they would honor the refund if it's a online scam, I got my money refunded already, good luck to you.

I just don't deal with new account without any iTrader records anymore, lesson learned, unless they ship first, I pay later.

Good luck.

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Question is: why are you finding this out... after the damage is done? Protect yourselves... do the research FIRST.

Last edited:

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
I just got scammed recently by Michaelseah for a Non-US paypal account. Paypal has told me that they would honor the refund if it's a online scam, I got my money refunded already, good luck to you.

I just don't deal with new account without any iTrader records anymore, lesson learned, unless they ship first, I pay later.

Good luck.

You really can't rely on i-trader either, there are members here who have had ongoing serious borderline theft issues that have perfect i-trader. Paypal has many hoops to jump through, and if you miss one you are out of luck.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you recover your cash, and remember there are many fellow members who you can trust without question to give you a great deal and follow through without fail.

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Good luck.

Dragon: Thanks. Did you have to do anything special thorugh PayPal in order to get your refund or just file a dispute?

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

Good luck.

Dragon, so glad you were able to get your money back. One or two bad apples can cause a lot of damage. I won't do business with anyone that has less than 5 or 6 Itrader points. Wish we could weed these guys out.
\

gwjackal

Paradigm Cue Sports
Silver Member
Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0
If someone that I would like to do business with is unwilling to call and talk to me on the phone for anything over 100 I just don't deal with them. I have talked to people all over the world and it gives me comfort to do so. With some common sense you can see how folks operate. There are a few that currently have items for sale and running raffles that I would never give a bucket of water to if they were on fire, but that's just me...

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I got taken on a trade deal with someone that had perfect itrader and had been dealing successfully for several months. I thought that it was safe to offer up a trade, sent the merchandise, and never got my side of the trade ever... So, no its not always safe even when the person you're dealing with has perfect itrader rating.

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thank you for all the advice everyone. I talked to PayPal and they guranteed me my merchandise or my money within ten days. Hopefully all turns out ok. I hope Dazzaaaa and Von Rhett have some luck with PayPal also.

TheDragon

I'm not Charlie Williams!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I think he's already been banned. But they can create a new account just to get informed of what's going on. Be careful.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Just talked to PP - I believe they've escalated everyone's dispute to a "claim" so we'll get our money back in 10 days.

ALSO, since several of us called they are closing him down and starting an official Review for Fraud.

He's done.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just talked to PP - I believe they've escalated everyone's dispute to a "claim" so we'll get our money back in 10 days.

ALSO, since several of us called they are closing him down and starting an official Review for Fraud.

He's done.

Does this mean criminal prosecution? I hope so.

cuechanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
It sucks to read that! I AM an international Buyer and altough my i-traders are pretty nice, i have sometimes that situation, that i want to buy a nice cue, but the seller don`t want to sell it out of the US, cause some Assh..les go on to take some AZers... I and other serious non-US Members are paying the price also. But there are Scammers in the US as well, as international and if you make payments with paypal, your opportunites to refund the money is the same. Sometimes i feel like i´m in generaly suspect to be a scammer, only cause i´m not from the US...
Hope you will get back your money and somebody will kick this Kenas right there where its funny for the foot...