Biz trip to Denver

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,

Going to be in Denver coming Sunday for a week, looking for a good room to play at after work... Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

9BallPaul

Banned
Depends where you're staying. On the south end of town, check out Felt. It's a full-service room with a few Diamond tables, several more old Brunswicks and a bar and good restaurant.

The traditional old-school room is called Hank's (formerly the Family
Fun Center). Their equipment is still satisfactory and some good players frequent the place. This was the room that was on every road man's map when pool was in its heyday.

Enjoy yourself in Denver.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Besides the two mentioned, if you will be located downtown WynKoop Brewery has a whole upstairs dedicated to pool w/GC4's and Diamond Smart 7' tables. It's run by WPBA pro player Melissa Little. It's near Coors field at 18th & WynKoop I think.

If you are north denver and want to take a trip to Fort Collins, there is Match Up's near the college. If you plan a trip to FC please PM me and I will try to meet you there.

Dave

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Visit "Hanks" and get a taste of an old style pool room. Then try "Felt" and see what a nice modern room looks like. I am always at "Felt" on Saturday from about 10:30 AM to 3 PM or so.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks all... Looks like Felt is close to where I'll be lodging so definitely will find time to check it out!

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found some time to play at Felt on Sunday night. Indeed a stylish modern pool room. The layout was very open, once you walk in you see the bar in front and a section of beautiful Diamond tables on the left and rows of Valleys and Brunswicks to the right. There are a few more tables towards the back too. The layout and decor are certainly alluring. And it's a smoke-free room! The place also has some better house cues for rent at $1/hour, if you're not happy with the regular ones off the walls.

Maybe because it was a slow night but the service was a bit lacking. The staff was nice and friendly, but when I asked for a table nobody took that opportunity to ask me if I'd like food/drinks/cue rental (it was around dinnertime). Imagine the possible value-added upsells... (Or perhaps I'm just spoiled by the staff at my local room. :)

It was a pleasant experience overall, with excellent equipment for serious and casual players alike. Thanks again to the local AzBers for the recommendation.