What is Borana Andoni's speed?

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
A few months ago she's on the cover of Inside Pool with a cover story about being an aspiring pro. In the March issue back in the regional tournament results she won a local event in Brooklyn for B-D players.

WTH?

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Ive played in a Predator tour event with her in January but never really paid too much attention to her game.

I know she is rated as a solid B player. A "B" level player in New York (from what ive seen) is more like A level players elsewhere. New York is chock full of great players so i personally thought the B players played more like A players...

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Ratings are Subjective

Borana is a very good player and she helps to promote our sport. In MHO she honestly loves the game and is a credit to the sport. I have never heard anything negative about her in the way she conducts herself in the pool arena...everything has always been positive and I wish her all the luck in the world for promoting our sport :)

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
A few months ago she's on the cover of Inside Pool with a cover story about being an aspiring pro. In the March issue back in the regional tournament results she won a local event in Brooklyn for B-D players.

WTH?

I seen the same and wondered about it. How can she be a pro and play and win in a "B" only tournament?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WTH?

She is a champion, absolute champion. She is much better looking than Efren, JA etc. Thats big credentials, and you can be sure I wouldnt tell her otherwise, she could be the best of all time

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, and I might be the only one, I'm sick of hearing about her and her league team. It seems that everywhere I look people are trying to make a big deal out of a team that has done nothing more than win the Woman's Open Team division at BCA Nationals last year. I'm not saying that's not a nice accomplishment or anything, but it's not as big a deal as some people seem to think it is. Hell, I was checking out some stuff on NYCGrind.com and I saw that they are now making a web series out of these girls. I watched a video to see what it was all about and there was a part showing one of the girls signing autographs like she was a big pro or some shit.

Bah, whatever, I guess if people want to give these girls their 15 minutes then they should take full advantage of it I suppose.

derekdisco can give some more information about Borana though as he has a little crush on her. I think he's looking to match up with her in Vegas next month. I heard he wants the 7. :thumbup:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
When I was in New York I got a chance to meet her and watch her play, and she can definitely play good, but very inconsistent (sp?).

Have she tried to qualify for the WPBA? Anyone?

I really don't know how the lower level of the WPBA is, but when I was at Masters Billiards for their weekly Monday tournament the organizer didn't know what category to put me in. I had recently played Jennifer Barretta, and he said they would rank Jennifer Barretta as an A-player, and based on that I got ranked as Open.

I believe Borana was ranked as a B player in that tournament. I think Jennifer Barretta is ranked around 25 on the WPBA, so that means that Borana might have a chance to be a wpba-player, but then being ranked around 48-64 and if she would end up winning a match or two in a tournament it will be a good finish.

JMHO

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Honestly, and I might be the only one, I'm sick of hearing about her and her league team. It seems that everywhere I look people are trying to make a big deal out of a team that has done nothing more than win the Woman's Open Team division at BCA Nationals last year. I'm not saying that's not a nice accomplishment or anything, but it's not as big a deal as some people seem to think it is.

Wow! You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to have to disagree here.

Whatever you think of their accomplishment, it's what these ladies have done subsequently that make their victory so significant. In my view, these undeniably attractive ladies have brought positive attention to our sport, not only through their play, but by the way they present themselves. They are well-dressed and courteous and compete with a high level of sortsmanship, and, at least in my view, they are positive role models for other women players in the New York area and beyond.

I wish Borana and all her teammates continued success.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes , she played the qualifier and did not qualify, to be honest IMO she can not compete with the the top 16 on tour.
Seems like a nice young lady and of course is very good looking, but looking good and being nice doesn't help you make balls.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
A Credit to the Sport

The team you are refering to Kiss of Death (KOD) has done more to promote the sport of Billairds in the past year than anyone else...period! Alison Fischer (The Other Alison) is a photographer and a driving force behind Jerry Tarantola and NYC Grind. Gail Glazebrook helps to run the Predator Tour with Tony Robles. Borana, Olga and Michele also contribute to the sport. Emily Duddy is a WPA card carrying member. They are in love with the sport and my hat is off to them for their promotional efforts and all the time they dedicate to it!!!

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
derekdisco can give some more information about Borana though as he has a little crush on her. I think he's looking to match up with her in Vegas next month. I heard he wants the 7. :thumbup:

Just the last 2,. Ill rob her.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

Whatever you think of their accomplishment, it's what these ladies have done subsequently that make their victory so significant. In my view, these undeniably attractive ladies have brought positive attention to our sport, not only through their play, but by the way they present themselves. They are well-dressed and courteous and compete with a high level of sortsmanship, and, at least in my view, they are positive role models for other women players in the New York area and beyond.

Well said, and I agree. Johnnyt

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Honestly, and I might be the only one, I'm sick of hearing about her and her league team. It seems that everywhere I look people are trying to make a big deal out of a team that has done nothing more than win the Woman's Open Team division at BCA Nationals last year. I'm not saying that's not a nice accomplishment or anything, but it's not as big a deal as some people seem to think it is. Hell, I was checking out some stuff on NYCGrind.com and I saw that they are now making a web series out of these girls. I watched a video to see what it was all about and there was a part showing one of the girls signing autographs like she was a big pro or some shit.

Bah, whatever, I guess if people want to give these girls their 15 minutes then they should take full advantage of it I suppose.

you love this league team.
they are all nice girls from what i know and love pool.
boranas speed is ,she plays good she has only been playing for around 5 years noone plays champion speed that fast.
if she keeps playing everyday i think she will make the wpba it takes time.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Like I said, winning the in Vegas last year was a nice accomplishment, but people are treating them like they all tied for first at the US Open or something. Sure, a couple of them are decent looking. And they might dress well and be courteous, but I know tons of people just like that that don't get the same recognition. So why are they so special?

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The team you are refering to Kiss of Death (KOD) has done more to promote the sport of Billairds in the past year than anyone else...period! Alison Fischer (The Other Alison) is a photographer and a driving force behind Jerry Tarantola and NYC Grind. Gail Glazebrook helps to run the Predator Tour with Tony Robles. Borana, Olga and Michele also contribute to the sport. Emily Duddy is a WPA card carrying member. They are in love with the sport and my hat is off to them for their promotional efforts and all the time they dedicate to it!!!

You're telling me that you honestly believe this team of girls has done more for pool than the TAR crew, Mark Griffin, Greg Sullivan, Jay Helfert or Shannon Daulton, just to name a few? Come on now, think before you speak.

And I know "The Other Alison". She's from Wisconsin, as am I and I've been to a couple tournaments she's been at. She's very nice and I don't have a problem with her at all. I don't have a personal problem with any of the girls on the team and wish them all success. I just have a problem with people treating them like they are THE Allison Fischer when they haven't done anything that great at this point in time.

suprnva

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you love this league team.
they are all nice girls from what i know and love pool.
boranas speed is ,she plays good she has only been playing for around 5 years noone plays champion speed that fast.
if she keeps playing everyday i think she will make the wpba it takes time.

Will you be on my league team? :thumbup:

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have she tried to qualify for the WPBA? Anyone?

yes , she played the qualifier and did not qualify, to be honest IMO she can not compete with the the top 16 on tour.

Yes, she recently participated in the WPBA Regional Tour Championships at Hardtimes Bellflower last February, if I remember correctly.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=175830
http://nycgrind.com/?p=9611

She happened to be on table 6 which was setup for streaming, I believe she lost that match. People that were there said that she didn't do to well the first day.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Yep

You're telling me that you honestly believe this team of girls has done more for pool than the TAR crew, Mark Griffin, Greg Sullivan, Jay Helfert or Shannon Daulton, just to name a few? Come on now, think before you speak.

And I know "The Other Alison". She's from Wisconsin, as am I and I've been to a couple tournaments she's been at. She's very nice and I don't have a problem with her at all. I don't have a personal problem with any of the girls on the team and wish them all success. I just have a problem with people treating them like they are THE Allison Fischer when they haven't done anything that great at this point in time.

Yep, I must have missed the copy of the Billiard Magazine the had either TAR, Mark, Greg, Shannon, or Jay on it! This goes back to the promotional aspect of growing our sport. Go ask non pool playing people you work with who Jasmine Oushan or Ga Young Kim are...none will know. Now ask them if they ever heard of the Black Widow...I'll bet some have. These players, some of which I have personally met and I consider good friends are working tirelessly not only to promote themselves but our sport in general.

My last post...have to get up at 3:30am.......be well!!!