Did Jesus play pool? Who did he play? What speed? What was his strongest game?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There have been several claims for the longest sentence in the English language.

There is no absolute limit on the length of an English sentence. A sentence describing successive reading, for example, could be infinitely long, and one concatenating clauses with grammatical conjunctions such as and could go on as long as material may be supplied. Thus, at least one linguistics textbook concludes that "there is no longest English sentence".[1] Another way to extend sentences indefinitely is by the addition of modifiers and modifier clauses, such as

The rat that the cat that the dog chased ran.[2]
or of successive extensions of the form

Someone thinks/knows/believes that someone thinks/knows/believes that....[3]
This highlights the difference between linguistic performance and linguistic competence, because the language can support more variation than can reasonably be created or recorded.[3]

strokerace

"The Hustler"
Silver Member
There have been several claims for the longest sentence in the English language.

There is no absolute limit on the length of an English sentence. A sentence describing successive reading, for example, could be infinitely long, and one concatenating clauses with grammatical conjunctions such as and could go on as long as material may be supplied. Thus, at least one linguistics textbook concludes that "there is no longest English sentence".[1] Another way to extend sentences indefinitely is by the addition of modifiers and modifier clauses, such as

The rat that the cat that the dog chased ran.[2]
or of successive extensions of the form

Someone thinks/knows/believes that someone thinks/knows/believes that....[3]
This highlights the difference between linguistic performance and linguistic competence, because the language can support more variation than can reasonably be created or recorded.[3]

Wow!!!..my...i was just thinking the same thing:eek:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jesus "Chuey" Rivera was a very good player out of Colorado. I think he even won a couple of the BCA events in years past. A good little hustler as well. Of course he had God on his side! :thumbup:

And then there was Jesus Helfert, an ancient ancestor of mine. He played lights out until he got bitten by religious fervor and became a Tibetan monk. After thirty years someone put a pool table in the monastery and he began to play again. Last I heard he was playing $2 One Pocket in Pocatello, Idaho.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus doesn't believe in using chalk. When your shape is perfect you only need to use center ball.

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
yes, he did. trick shots mostly.

Jesus-pool.jpg

TCIndepMo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever his game, he apparently hustled those Roman soldiers and they cooked up all of that religous stuff as an excuse to get even.

Which they did. But, oh the consequences.

(Yes, Yes, I know. But I'm going to hell anyway)

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Jesus was also quite the shark, he would turn cues into snakes, make balls multiply and reanimate chalk to run from his opponent. Quite the funny man :)

jridpath

Registered
Sure he did, he was a road player. ZZ Top wrote a song about it.

Jesus just Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans
Well now, Jesus just Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans
Yeah, Yeah
Workin' from one end to the other and all points in between

Well, that's what I thought the song was about :grin:

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He invented the game, and since he was the only one playing there was no such thing as speed. And he still hustled which was very hard to do because no one knew what the hustle was. A typical hustle was "I'll bet you i can hit this white ball with the pointy end of this stick, without the use of chalk or le pro tip, against that black ball and make that black ball go into that hole over there". The usual response was, "Huh?".

9ball was his strongest game because he didn't have the cueball control for 14.1

the77club

Silver Member
i truly appreciate all feedback on the subject matter. I am not a particularly religious person but have heard people say, "he played like Jesus himself", so i figured he must have played strong

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i truly appreciate all feedback on the subject matter. I am not a particularly religious person but have heard people say, "he played like Jesus himself", so i figured he must have played strong

Players who play like Jesus Himself are not as good as the players who "play like God".