12 year layoff ended today

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12 years and 8 surgeries later I got to bang balls today. Boy did it feel great. I really had to take it easy for an hour or so. I have a rebuilt neck complete with metal and screws. I had a hard time staying down on the ball but it got better.

I hit a couple of soft breaks and then said what the hell. I hit the ball as hard as I could and planted The Rock and made four balls.

That ended today's session more to follow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congratulations

Congrats on your liberating return to our beautiful game.
My only advice; don't worry about results at this time. Enjoy the experience.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on your liberating return to our beautiful game.
My only advice; don't worry about results at this time. Enjoy the experience.

Yeah that's what I thought also I mostly shot myself safe. Getting used to the Simonis

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great news.

A lot of good players have/and had somewhat upright stances, and do just fine.

Welcome back to the game. Have fun. Ease back into it...enjoy the progress.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay.....right now you have zero bad habits to break and only good ones to create.

Practice with purpose and just make your mechanics as flawless as possible.......you are essentially building the pool player you want to become........perfect the stroke and your mechanics and everything flows from that.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
That quickly you broke as hard as you could? :eek:

what do you have a screw loose? oh, wait . . . :grin-square:

welcome back to the table...

best,
brian kc

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
12 years and 8 surgeries later I got to bang balls today. Boy did it feel great. I really had to take it easy for an hour or so. I have a rebuilt neck complete with metal and screws. I had a hard time staying down on the ball but it got better.

I hit a couple of soft breaks and then said what the hell. I hit the ball as hard as I could and planted The Rock and made four balls.

-
Sweet' now your addicted.. Again' we one back shooter.

Enjoy.
Rob.M

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats sir. Nothing quite feels like being at the table and loving it ! rock on bro but keep it in your limits so you don't overdue it.

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great to hear, happy for you:)!

You will find a way to play great with your new "setup", stay positive and look for the best of possibilities - my guess is that have had some training in that for a # of years.

Best regards

Chrippa

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Love to hear players coming back to the game after health problems. Sounds like you could play a bit from the way you shot your first hour after a 12 year lay-off. Good luck to you sir. Johnnyt

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Felt good didn’t it? Took me a while after my surgery also, work your way up, take it easy, don’t try to shoot long sessions at first.:thumbup:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will take the 7 and the breaks, if you wanna play $ome!
Offer good for 7 days only!!!
;)

I need the numbered balls.The snap. The wire. Odds. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah a cue.

I'm using a David Howard circa 1980. I forgot I had new linen pit on it in 92. Needs a shaft but still plays like a dream.

Funny thing. The owner was on the phone with Meucci when I walked in. The we're begging him to stock their junk.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great

That is great to hear I am really happy for you.I went a year before back surgery w/out playing it really makes you appreciate the game when you come back.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

That must have been a great feeling. I wish the best for you and your game. :thumbup:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
My Advise

First off...welcome back. Secondly, I quit for 26 years and started playing again a few years ago. The smartest thing I did when I started back up was took a lesson from a qualified instructor. I did not want to start with any bad habits and believe me after the first 5 minutes of the instructor watching me shoot she pointed them out and showed me how to correct them as well as suggested specific drills to stay on course.

Just my humble opinion based on recent experience

The instructor was Karen Corr

Wedge