Contact Ron Thomas

Ron
105 Bernice Ave
Lafayette, Louisiana

Call (337) 254-8494

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I tried that number. Got a message saying not accepting calls at this time. No voicemail... :shrug:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
April bump... It would be nice to hear from anyone who has ever replaced a cover. Thanks.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
April bump... It would be nice to hear from anyone who has ever replaced a cover. Thanks.

You run into trouble when you get to the lock. The only way to correctly replace the lock is by removing the smaller middle tube. A job with a 99.98 %
failure rate.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I have a local shoe cobbler fixing the tube and latch on an old 2x4.
The plastic tube got hit right at the latch, but I think she has it fixed.
In the past I've sent It's George cases back to Mike for tube & liner replacements, and the last time I texted with the new guy he seemed to be interested in certain repairs but that was almost a year ago.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I have a local shoe cobbler fixing the tube and latch on an old 2x4.
The plastic tube got hit right at the latch, but I think she has it fixed.
In the past I've sent It's George cases back to Mike for tube & liner replacements, and the last time I texted with the new guy he seemed to be interested in certain repairs but that was almost a year ago.

Who is this Mike? Would you happen to have his contact? Thanks for the info.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Mike Roberts is the guy who made the original It's George cases. I heard he came out of retirement to make some cases to help pay for his son's medical bills. Then he himself became ill, and fell behind.

Who is this Mike? Would you happen to have his contact? Thanks for the info.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Mike Roberts is the guy who made the original It's George cases. I heard he came out of retirement to make some cases to help pay for his son's medical bills. Then he himself became ill, and fell behind.

Ok great. Makes sense. Sorry to hear about the illness.

It'd be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction.