Tough Crowd

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
What's a guy gotta do to get some green around here!!??

Some ya'll are some tight wads! I hand 'em out like candy, but only when deserving. Can't take 'em with ya! … Or maybe it's just me! lol

Have a good weekend! And win some games if you're playing!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Quit using "lol" would be a good start.

Sympathy coming your way (hate to see a grown-ass man beg).

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Quit using "lol" would be a good start.

Sympathy coming your way (hate to see a grown-ass man beg).

Hey thanks! "Ain't too proud to beg" (Processing error. "lol" Failed to load.) I'll take any green I can get!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What's a guy gotta do to get some green around here!!??

Some ya'll are some tight wads! I hand 'em out like candy, but only when deserving. Can't take 'em with ya! … Or maybe it's just me! lol

Have a good weekend! And win some games if you're playing!

Here’s one you can hit.........maybe

A79E7FA8-53B0-4A57-9926-D64A73CD0231.jpeg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the rep game

Rep became a game years ago with many of us supporting a much loved poster that was dying, Smorgass Bored. We learned that the more rep you have, the more you give when you hit someone with rep. The first page or three of members sorted by rep have one billion points, hex. That is the max on the scale, rep ain't infinite! When someone gives red rep it only hits half as hard as green rep but if you really anger the board and get rep bombed you can see all those cute little boxes go red in a hurry!

I rep great posts, those that make me laugh, and good posts by friends that I want to tell hello. Mostly I use rep for short notes now. As the badge in my avatar shows, I was once eighth in rep. Now it is an umpteen way tie for first!

I read a handful of your posts and you don't seem to be a knucklehead so I'll toss some "pity points" your way.

Hu

Memory failed about the max rep points available. It is two billion, hex.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
better hang on to them too,
they'll be tokenized,
good at any supporting members table.
You think it's tough now?
ha...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Rep became a game years ago with many of us supporting a much loved poster that was dying, Smorgass Bored. We learned that the more rep you have, the more you give when you hit someone with rep. The first page or three of members sorted by rep have one billion points, hex. That is the max on the scale, rep ain't infinite! When someone gives red rep it only hits half as hard as green rep but if you really anger the board and get rep bombed you can see all those cute little boxes go red in a hurry!

I rep great posts, those that make me laugh, and good posts by friends that I want to tell hello. Mostly I use rep for short notes now. As the badge in my avatar shows, I was once eighth in rep. Now it is an umpteen way tie for first!

I read a handful of your posts and you don't seem to be a knucklehead so I'll toss some "pity points" your way.

Hu
That funny, Smorg was the first to ever rep me and you were the second. Good times back when we were little:wink:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rep on AZB is a valueless commodity. I'm shocked to learn that anybody still wants any.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
ain't that the truth!

Damn, I miss Smorg...

I miss Smorg and those that have died, some that have just left or largely left too. The place was much more entertaining back then.

Replying to CueBuddy too, I can't multi-quote with the old skin: Funny that Doug and I were one and two. Guess we were both good at recognizing good people! I look at the Hall of Fame forum sometimes just to remind me of old friends now gone. A handful of those people back would make azb great again. We don't seem to have the spice needed for the sauce now.

All of us old geezers think things used to be better. We are right too!

Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I miss Smorg and those that have died, some that have just left or largely left too. The place was much more entertaining back then.

Replying to CueBuddy too, I can't multi-quote with the old skin: Funny that Doug and I were one and two. Guess we were both good at recognizing good people! I look at the Hall of Fame forum sometimes just to remind me of old friends now gone. A handful of those people back would make azb great again. We don't seem to have the spice needed for the sauce now.

All of us old geezers think things used to be better. We are right too!

Hu

How right you are Hu!
People come and go around here and many times we lose members the hard way and never really know where or what happened to them. Smorg let us know of his demise and although it was heartbreaking for us to be a part of someone's death it was Doug's decision to make it public and something that made a mark on most of us that went through it with him.

You took a long break from the board but have returned and I thoroughly enjoy your posts and style of writing. If you decided to move on soon thats cool because we got to read your thoughts once again...not an option with so many here that may leave for other reasons;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hu was the first one to help me when I had less than 100 posts....
...I hit maximum greens before I had 1,000 posts.

Thanx, Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Hu was the first one to help me when I had less than 100 posts....
...I hit maximum greens before I had 1,000 posts.

Thanx, Hu

I think I hit the magic number at about 1800. I can't imagine where you would be now if there was no limit:cool:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I still like the greens....it’s another way of communicating.

I agree.

Unfortunately, I cannot add a comment, guessing 'cuz my device is limited.

Anybody know how much is needed to spread around before you can re-rep somebody?

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
best I recall ...

I agree.

Unfortunately, I cannot add a comment, guessing 'cuz my device is limited.

Anybody know how much is needed to spread around before you can re-rep somebody?

Best I recall and of course assuming things haven't been changed you have to rep twenty people in between hitting the same person twice.

PT,

I still find rep the quickest way to send short notes too. The points don't mean much after the first billion or so but a pat on the back is always welcome.

Jim,

might as well catch you in this post too! My live.com e-mail is still the same it has been for years. Let me know if you need it. I do tend to pass by azb awhile and wander off these days. Finally have a snooker table "only" two hours away down at Buff's new place. When it comes to hitting those little balls I found that Joey's 11.8mm revo is a lot better than my 13mm standard deflection shaft. The one thing I could do with my stick, curve that little cue ball like a Nolan Ryan pitch to get it in behind a ball on the rail and run it down the rail a couple three feet. Hope things are good up there in snow country. Also hope you make it down this way, looks like my traveling days are done.

Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Best I recall and of course assuming things haven't been changed you have to rep twenty people in between hitting the same person twice.

PT,

I still find rep the quickest way to send short notes too. The points don't mean much after the first billion or so but a pat on the back is always welcome.

Jim,

might as well catch you in this post too! My live.com e-mail is still the same it has been for years. Let me know if you need it. I do tend to pass by azb awhile and wander off these days. Finally have a snooker table "only" two hours away down at Buff's new place. When it comes to hitting those little balls I found that Joey's 11.8mm revo is a lot better than my 13mm standard deflection shaft. The one thing I could do with my stick, curve that little cue ball like a Nolan Ryan pitch to get it in behind a ball on the rail and run it down the rail a couple three feet. Hope things are good up there in snow country. Also hope you make it down this way, looks like my traveling days are done.

Hu
Things are good here and besides a little snow last night(up high) we are starting to
See spring.

I bet your email address is on my laptop. I will check when I get home from
A trip to Oregon to see family. I will certainly get out your way again.