• Yup

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No doubt

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No disrespect to Max or Corey, but Justin has Mosconi Cup experience, has beaten Shane and Alex in this tournament (and several other good players), and has a Fargo rating that should make him a lock for the team.

Come on Johann and Jeremy, shake things up and get people talking!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is one time I have to agree. How can you ignore what he has already done this week against a world class field of players. He is playing better right now than any other American player, Shane included!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
During the Shaw/Kazakis match Friday night, Mike Massey (doing commentary) seemed to say he knew that Team USA will be the same players this year as last year.

[but I've heard a lot of wrong stuff watching pool matches]

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
During the Shaw/Kazakis match Friday night, Mike Massey (doing commentary) seemed to say he knew that Team USA will be the same players this year as last year.

[but I've heard a lot of wrong stuff watching pool matches]

Bottom line is he shouldn't be on this year(no matter how much we want it) he should however be front running next year. He has EARNED the consideration and it should take a complete meltdown to undo his chances.

Corey and Max have done the work this year and deserve their shot. I could not argue for or against either one.with that said, I would put Berg at a tie for 1st/2nd for next year.

Yes, all things considered, and nothing else, I would put Berg on the team if I had no heart and no values.

I would consider this performance as putting Berg at the # 1 spot for next year - it's his to lose and drop to 6th.

They should also consider making all events known to all american players. Donny Mills, Chris Robinson, wilke, hunter, hatch, etc.

Tyler has been the shining star example of picking players. Maybe they're onto something we dont see(first win in....) <- I have no idea what I was trying to say

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB is playing great. Better than ME or CD. I know the deal and the selection process but do they want the best team there or not? Max beat JB earlier in the year??? Just don't see how.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one time I have to agree. How can you ignore what he has already done this week against a world class field of players. He is playing better right now than any other American player, Shane included!

Hear, hear. I agree. Justin Bergman belongs on Team USA. Look at the world-beaters he has plowed over this tournament.

Ice, ice, baby!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JB beats the 2 top Euro MC members, Shaw and Filler, would Johan have 2nd thoughts and announce a surprising pick tomorrow ?

FreeShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always felt that there is no way to rank the top 5 American players and not include Bergman.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at his journey to the Final Four:

Justin Bergman v. John Schmidt, 11-10
Justin Bergman v. H. Lombardo, 11-3
Justin Bergman v. Liu RT, 11-3
Justin Bergman v. Dennis Orcollo, 9-11
Justin Bergman v. A. Ouschan, 11-9
Justin Bergman v. Shane Van Boening, 11-9
Justin Bergman v. Thorsten Hohmann, 11-3
Justin Bergman v. Alex Pagulyan, 11-8
Justin Bergman v. Ko P.C., 11-8

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin had a great tournament but definitely shouldn't be on the Mosconi Cup this year. Other than this one tournament what has he won or finished high in this year?
Just go on the people search on azbilliards and compare his results to Corey.
Also Justin already tried to make the team and lost to Max I think.
Next year he should be in contention again.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin had a great tournament but definitely shouldn't be on the Mosconi Cup this year. Other than this one tournament what has he won or finished high in this year?
Just go on the people search on azbilliards and compare his results to Corey.
Also Justin already tried to make the team and lost to Max I think.
Next year he should be in contention again.
Who cares what happened month's ago?? You want players in top form and JB is playing a lot better than the other two. Since its all captain's pick why shouldn't he play? The US team is not chosen on points. Its all subjective and JB is clearly playing lights out now.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I'm torn between "Yes" and "Absolutely." I was hoping "Of Course" would be an option, but "Yup" is a little too nonchalant.

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares what happened month's ago?? You want players in top form and JB is playing a lot better than the other two. Since its all captain's pick why shouldn't he play? The US team is not chosen on points. Its all subjective and JB is clearly playing lights out now.

Well then Billy Thorpe shouldn't be on the team if you're using that logic.
And no it's not subjective, Johan had a system in place including a tournament which Justin failed to qualify to get considered for the team.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no way they could add Justin at this point without betraying their whole lead up to the Mosconi Cup. Either Max or Corey will get the last spot. These two have been competing for the spot all over the world.
Unfortunately, for Justin, he did not play at this level when he lost out on his chance to be on the Mosconi team.
It seems he has reached a whole new level in this tournament, hopefully, it is permanent.

From early in the year:
"The additional player will be one of a group of four who have been training with Jones. That group is comprises of Max Eberle, Justin Bergman, Chris Robinson and Mahkeal Parris. Those four players will train together with Ruijsink and Jones in Las Vegas this weekend, after which one player will officially join Deuel, Thorpe and Styer as ‘The Contenders’."

(Max was the one player that officially joined the 'Contenders')

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i guess jeremy and johann follow a more systematic approach than "just follow your whims" or "choose whoever amazes azb people more in the latest tournament".

M0NSTERKILLER

Registered
When Max or Corey get wasted at the Mosconi Cup this year you will get your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums