CTE and thin cuts into the side.

New member here and happy w/ CTE, but I have a question for CTE users.

Do you make any adjustments for thinner cuts into the side pockets?

My experience suggests that maybe CTE takes you to the diamond that is the side pocket. The line to that diamond on thinner cuts is interrupted by the 'points'. And then sometimes, the ball banks cross-corner, so maybe this bank is the proper shot?

Any comments, experience or discussion?

Thanks.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New member here and happy w/ CTE, but I have a question for CTE users.

Do you make any adjustments for thinner cuts into the side pockets?

My experience suggests that maybe CTE takes you to the diamond that is the side pocket. The line to that diamond on thinner cuts is interrupted by the 'points'. And then sometimes, the ball banks cross-corner, so maybe this bank is the proper shot?

Any comments, experience or discussion?

Thanks.
On thin cuts you are supposed to pivot from a tip and a half off center vrs. One tip. This is shown by lil Chris in youtube.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
On thin cuts you are supposed to pivot from a tip and a half off center vrs. One tip. This is shown by lil Chris in youtube.
That might work, but lil Chris doesn't demonstrate CTE - it's something vaguely similar of his own invention.

pj
chgo

Thanks lots for sharing your thoughts, B2P. I gotta agree w/ PJ. Lil Chris doesn't even capture 1/2 of the concepts of CTE.

I guess I need to work w/ this one some more.

At 71- having played for 30 yrs - I hope I have enough time left to finish hitting my millionth ball... I should have it figured out by then.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That might work, but lil Chris doesn't demonstrate CTE - it's something vaguely similar of his own invention.

pj

chgo
Bs....just because he didnt explain the initial perceptions doesn't mean it aint cte. Its very close to cte. If he was pocketing balls without using all the components of cte then He would only shoot better with them. Lil Chris says it is cte

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bs....just because he didnt explain the initial perceptions doesn't mean it aint cte. Its very close to cte. If he was pocketing balls without using all the components of cte then He would only shoot better with them. Lil Chris says it is cte

Just because he says it is...doesn't make it so:groucho: His final aim point is not Center Cue Ball to Opposite Edge if I remember correctly. Isn't that where you're supposed to end up?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

It's not CTE, it's a version that works for many shots but not the complete or right way to do it.

Objective aiming methods offer many ways to align to a large amount of shots. It's fairly easy to start making a lot more shots a lot more consistently with similar methods, even ones created unintentionally through not fully understanding CTE and then trying to convey what has been learned or thought to have been learned as if it's the complete package.

Learning a good objective aiming system often leads to euphoria when you find that you can take on a lot more shots with a much higher degree of confidence. And it is natural to want to share what you know with the world.

Chris' videos are well done, he is a good player and I predict that when he really learns CTE inside and out then he will understand that a large part is missing. And I predict that someday he will be able to make videos where he duplicates the type of shotmaking Stan has shown us but with his own style of editing and perspective that may help someone else as they try to learn CTE.