Is the RealKigCobra (Glen) glue method for laying down cloth still a thing?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, I'm mobile and don't see the 'Ask a table mechanic' section, did they remove it?

Anyway, with that said I was at RKC's session like 15 years ago in IL (don't remember the pool hall) with a bunch of guys, mostly from here in AZB and we covered like 15 tables with Glen there to show us his new glue method. I did it one time shortly after but have not needed to since. Is this still a thing? If so does anyone have a video or PDF of instructions on the method they'd be willing to share with me? My friend is looking to recover his table and I talked up this method and he's intrigued.

Thanks .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
glue

of course< pro tyme billiards in alsip,IL was the location.
rolling on the glue for bed cloth is the nuts, just say no to spray glue'
the RKC250 glue is great stuff, some guys don't care to use it but its just like anything. you got to get used to it and learn on the job as to how the glue reacts and how it sets up in different climates.

Rob.M

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
of course< pro tyme billiards in alsip,IL was the location.

rolling on the glue for bed cloth is the nuts, just say no to spray glue'

the RKC250 glue is great stuff, some guys don't care to use it but its just like anything. you got to get used to it and learn on the job as to how the glue reacts and how it sets up in different climates.

Rob.M
Were you there that day? I learned a lot. Like I never knew slate warps and you can force it back with ratchet straps and a bottle jack to match the seams when butting up 3 pieces and then super glue (CA Glue) it back together.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Were you there that day? I learned a lot. Like I never knew slate warps and you can force it back with ratchet straps and a bottle jack to match the seams when butting up 3 pieces and then super glue (CA Glue) it back together.

_
I was there both days.
Ed hiller was the room owner.

Rob.M

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The description says glue down method for bed cloth and it's in the DVD I have. Brian.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The description says glue down method for bed cloth and it's in the DVD I have. Brian.

That glue down is not the method I use. I hope to finish my training DVDs within another week or so, just need the time to get the recording done.

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
PM sent.
Frank

Sorry guys, I'm mobile and don't see the 'Ask a table mechanic' section, did they remove it?

Anyway, with that said I was at RKC's session like 15 years ago in IL (don't remember the pool hall) with a bunch of guys, mostly from here in AZB and we covered like 15 tables with Glen there to show us his new glue method. I did it one time shortly after but have not needed to since. Is this still a thing? If so does anyone have a video or PDF of instructions on the method they'd be willing to share with me? My friend is looking to recover his table and I talked up this method and he's intrigued.

Thanks .

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You still working on that?

Please tell me your doing them again, you were a week away in 08!!

Love ya.
Fatboy

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg Sullivan was gracious enough to let several
people tour the Diamond facility while the Derby
City Classic was going on last year. Near the end
of the tour, I watched a guy glue down cloth on
several tables. I feel kind of ignorant, because I
didn't even know they were doing it that way. He
was good at his job and it didn't take long at all.
When my Diamond was set up 20 years ago, it
was stapled and stretched(Simonis 860). For what
it's worth, that cloth is still on there and in really
good shape(especially for it's age). Eventually, I'll
have it recovered. Not sure if it'll be glued or stapled,
but it looks like gluing is the way to go, if possible.

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
The nicest thing about glue is not pulling staples for the next recover. The same stretch method for glue can be used for staples.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
That glue down is not the method I use. I hope to finish my training DVDs within another week or so, just need the time to get the recording done.

Wait a minute, I thought you were involved with the production of those Simonis DVD's??? I have the Simonis DVD from about 6 years ago when I did the bed cloth on my GCI, did I do it wrong? They explain the stretch index on the cloth and I thought they explained gluing the cloth down too? Is there a better way for me to do it?? I watched a youtube video of the guys at Diamond gluing cloth on a new table, maybe thats where I learned how to glue the cloth down. The only thing I did different is use one of those disposable foam brush/pads instead of a roller, for me it worked better, maybe because Im an idiot. :grin::grin:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wait a minute, I thought you were involved with the production of those Simonis DVD's??? I have the Simonis DVD from about 6 years ago when I did the bed cloth on my GCI, did I do it wrong? They explain the stretch index on the cloth and I thought they explained gluing the cloth down too? Is there a better way for me to do it?? I watched a youtube video of the guys at Diamond gluing cloth on a new table, maybe thats where I learned how to glue the cloth down. The only thing I did different is use one of those disposable foam brush/pads instead of a roller, for me it worked better, maybe because Im an idiot. :grin::grin:

Yes, I made those with Jay, but I didn't show my glue down system on the Valley, Jay showed his way. The stretch indexing in the GC1 is my system but without control of the glue, I didn't want to show my glue down at that time.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The same stretch method for glue can be used for staples.

truth. rkcs bedcloth install method is definitely the way to go using RKC250 adhesive. I use it and had to create my own way of marking out the cloth using adhesive. Definitely anticipating his new video show his way!! Have both Simonis dvds and would not use the spray glue method shown on there.

TFT