FREE Android 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer app - new version.

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Android 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer app Version 3.0 has been released.

This new version features easier rack scoring, enhanced match statistics/reports and more...

Ultra easy to use. Convenient way to keep an accurate score of your matches on your phone or tablet.

From the developers of the QMD.

Link to the app available from the Downloads page of www.cue-md.com.

Attachments

• 14.1 Scorer.jpg
    14.1 Scorer.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 843

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Does this have a game ending feature now?

Other than that the original program was awesome.

Can't wait to use the new version.

Thanks again for creating this app.

Kevin

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Great News.

I'll have to pass the word around to my 14.1 League players.

I as well flooded facebook with the post as well

Thanks
-Steve

Myself i use an iPhone, iPad so i will not be able to try it out. Unless i fire up my Kindle which is android base and give it a go !

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can enter any result (miss/safety/foul/new rack) and the match ends automatically when you reach/exceed the ending score. It stops at the ending score and marks the last result with 'End', giving the winner as many balls as needed. In the stats only the balls needed to win are counted for the winner's last inning without counting a miss/safety/foul.

Does this have a game ending feature now?

Other than that the original program was awesome.

Can't wait to use the new version.

Thanks again for creating this app.

Kevin

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
PM if you'd like the APK to try to install on a Kindle. Can't guarantee it'll install, Kindles have different versions of crippled Android on them.

Great News.

I'll have to pass the word around to my 14.1 League players.

I as well flooded facebook with the post as well

Thanks
-Steve

Myself i use an iPhone, iPad so i will not be able to try it out. Unless i fire up my Kindle which is android base and give it a go !

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, on a '3-fouls in a row' 16 point foul or a 2 point breaking foul the app forces a re-break with a full rack for the offending player. I believe this is according to the latest rules (no option to just play the table). Are we right?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
FYI, on a '3-fouls in a row' 16 point foul or a 2 point breaking foul the app forces a re-break with a full rack for the offending player. I believe this is according to the latest rules (no option to just play the table). Are we right?

Yes it is a forced rebreak by the player that commits the 3 fouls. Well that's how I rule it in my 14.1 League and I believe it's the standard.

Steve

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Had some interesting discussion about a player's responsibility to warn his opponent when he's on two fouls. This app (and most of the other 14.1 scoring apps) puts out a warning when a player is on two fouls. Should it? Or is it up to the player to keep track of his opponent's fouls? I'd been surprised a few times when the app told me about my opponent's two fouls. I would have missed warning him if it hadn't. Is the app helping a fair thing for it to do?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

That is correct after three consecutive fouls -- the balls must be re-racked and the offender must break under the opening break requirements.

But that is not correct after a breaking foul (2-pointer). In that case the non-breaking player has the choice of accepting the table as is or requiring the breaker to play another opening break shot.

[WPA world-standardized rules]

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggestions for version 4.0

Overall this is a great app... and the price is certainly appealing, but all great apps can still see improvements. Here are a few I'd suggest:

1. Don't force the player to lie to the app in order to finish the game. When the active player may win in the current rack, make winning an option. He shouldn't have to indicate a false miss or a false safety first. This could be done with a "Win" button that is always "grayed out" until it is appropriate.

2. Don't present options for 2 or 16 point fouls when they are not appropriate. The buttons can still be there, but they should be "grayed out" to indicate they are not available.

3. Offer to download the stats in a format that can easily be imported into a spreadsheet. PDFs make this difficult.

4. Maybe make it a setup option as to whether the app should force a re-break on the third foul. The rules say that the opponent must warn the player when on two fouls so it's hard for the app to do the right thing when it doesn't have the information to know if the required warning has been given. A setup option would at least give the players a choice in how they choose to overcome the app's lack of knowledge.​

Thanks for your efforts in making a really useful scoring app.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thing...

When scoring with beads, a common practice is for one player to finish scoring the previous rack while the other player racks the 14 balls. Then after finishing the rack, the racking player confirms that the scoring is right and moves the beads over.

With the app, one player presses the new rack button and there is no confirmation possible. We missed that capability last night when playing a match.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Question

Why does my app keep crapping out on me when I try to email my stats to the league operator of my league?

This has happened to me more often than not lately.

Thanks

Kevin

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does my app keep crapping out on me when I try to email my stats to the league operator of my league?

This has happened to me more often than not lately.

Thanks

Kevin

Used to work and now doesn't? Program the same? Anything else change on your tablet? Hmmmm..
Send a note to QMD support, info@cue-md.com, and let them know. They'll try to help you out.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I am using this on my Samsung Phone I will try it on my tablet to see if I get the same results.

I may delete the app from my phone and reload it to see if that helps.

Kevin

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I deleted the app from my phone and then reloaded it. Used the program and still have the same result. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Question.

Is there any way to get the older app back I think it was version 3.0. I go online to try to access it and all it does is revert to the 4.0 version. Although the 4.0 version seems to be improved and contains more stats we prefer the older version.

Anyone have any ideas as to how we can get the older version back on our devices?

Thanks

Kevin

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love the app but why no archive of completed matches?

New version 4.x archives your matches and has a lot of other great features. Links to the FREE Android/iOS/Windows apps are available from Downloads page of www.Cue-MD.com. You can also get the Android/iOS mobile apps directly from the Google and Apple App stores, search for '14.1 Scorer'.

Enjoy

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there any way to get the older app back I think it was version 3.0. I go online to try to access it and all it does is revert to the 4.0 version. Although the 4.0 version seems to be improved and contains more stats we prefer the older version.

Anyone have any ideas as to how we can get the older version back on our devices?

Thanks

Kevin

Sent you the Android APK file for the prior version 3.x. You should be able to install it on your Android Phone/Tablet by just clicking the attachment.

If anyone else wants the APK for the prior version just ask here or email info <at> Cue-MD.com.

Enjoy.