Dcc rooms

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rooms are available. After 6 or 8 calls I finally got through to them today. It was either a busy tone or referred you to the website everytime. Its a shame they dont consider the amount of money people are ironing off for a room the way they do when people unload in a machine or table game. One would think that dropping a dime on a room that was otherwise not going to be used would get you something....

Well I cooled off a bit since I started this thread last night after being on the phone several times with them. I'm not sure what the problem is. It is still amazing to me that everybody isn't on the "same page" down there. Some of them aren't even reading the same book! They have had this tournament now at the venue for how many years? One fella even thought I was calling about Kentucky Derby in May. Oh well....it all worked out in the end. I hope people having a problem can read this thread and get some good information about who to talk to and what to expect. You're right in the price of the rooms...they are up there and people booking them for 9 days should be top priority. These are the people who make this event what it is practically. All in all I hope this is a good experience this year because I really am needing a vacation and don't mind blowing a few bucks enjoying myself down there. I hope the food is better!! We will have to wait and see. I know the Ice Cream parlor is the triple nuts. It's like cooooming two rails out of the corner with low outside. I must say Binions is great but after losing several stacks in the poolroom it's tough to eat there everyday. Oh well...maybe this will be a lucky year. If Greg Sullivan plays poker it should make for a great trip. :wink:

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poker

Well I cooled off a bit since I started this thread last night after being on the phone several times with them. I'm not sure what the problem is. Oh well...maybe this will be a lucky year. If Greg Sullivan plays poker it should make for a great trip. :wink:

Don't be a "knocker", let me try and steal a few pots before they figure me out and I go bust. :)

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Yeah, I am a little aggravated that the cost was $10 more per night for 2 queens. I have been going to Harrah's every year and this is the first time they have charged an additional fee because I didn't want to sleep with my father........wtf.

Altogether, I think I am paying about 80 dollars more this year than last for the same 5 days. Between the extra $3 per night they are charging above the advertised rate (129 vs 126, 149-146), the $10 upcharge and the new rates it seems they are trying to get people to stack up in rooms. I am thinking about subbing out part of the floor.......

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I am a little aggravated that the cost was $10 more per night for 2 queens. I have been going to Harrah's every year and this is the first time they have charged an additional fee because I didn't want to sleep with my father........wtf.

Altogether, I think I am paying about 80 dollars more this year than last for the same 5 days. Between the extra $3 per night they are charging above the advertised rate (129 vs 126, 149-146), the $10 upcharge and the new rates it seems they are trying to get people to stack up in rooms. I am thinking about subbing out part of the floor.......

A little snuff off a jar and you won't care where you sleep or who it's with!:eek::eek:uttahere:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

For those that dont think that sounds bad, that is basically two of the cheapest dinners you can have at Binions.... It would be nice if there were a few more properties right there so there was some competition on the room rates, like in Tunica. I would imagine the Horseshoe owns everything within sight of their place though. Does anyone know if its still the Paula Dean buffet? I was meaning to write her a letter....:D