Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Please refund the money you owe!!
Page 9 of 16 « First 789 1011 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#121)
Chili Palmer
Banned
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-06-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppecopy View Post
Unfortunately Mr. Summers I can't trust what you say anymore, actions speak louder than words...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
Props for the effort, now it's in the OP's court.
OP posted while I typed.

If there wasn't an agreement before these text messages (and we don't know when the messages were sent) then the OP had no reason to start the thread.

At this point all there is to do is wait to see if the cue maker makes the payments and any other defamation of character is unwarranted.

Old
  (#122)
BSummersCues
AzB Silver Member
BSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 11:48 AM

I messaged him today I will pay 1400 on the 15th of this month. And the rest on April 15th. He said wants it all at once so best I can do is April 15th 1 payment. I've never screwed anyone over and going to keep that pattern. I'm over orders and dont plan on dealing with many people just build what I want when I want. For you that dont know me I have been building 7 years and fullsplice is my specialty. Wrapless fullsplice with no inlays is my hobby. And I can do many splices that not too many people can just cant please everyone. Dont claim to be the best but I love the art of it. Thanks.

Old
  (#123)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-06-2019, 12:05 PM

I find it interesting that the OP has been offered -any- refund whatsoever. I've ordered my share of true custom cues and I am very aware of the process. I personally do not know of any custom cue makers who issue refunds on custom cues.

This is done for a reason. A cue designed or in this case seriously modified at the request of the customer, most often has an appeal only to that customer and therefore has diminished value on the open market. I found a picture of the cue which is the subject of this thread and quite frankly it bears little resemblance of the average cue built by this cue maker.

The OP not only was offered a refund but has now been given specific dates to which he responded with an insult which imo says a lot about this buyer.

This buyer is a prime example why many cue makers will not take orders and only build what they want when they want. They don't want customers breathing down their necks, calling or emailing daily or weekly, asking for adds and changes to the order, requesting pictures, and on and on.

There are too many custom cue buyers who are ignorant of what is involved in ordering and executing a custom cue order and for everyone's peace of mind should buy cues in the secondary market.

Jay Fishbein
On Facebook:
Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#124)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type79 View Post
I find it interesting that the OP has been offered -any- refund whatsoever. I've ordered my share of true custom cues and I am very aware of the process. I personally do not know of any custom cue makers who issue refunds on custom cues.

This is done for a reason. A cue designed or in this case seriously modified at the request of the customer, most often has an appeal only to that customer and therefore has diminished value on the open market. I found a picture of the cue which is the subject of this thread and quite frankly it bears little resemblance of the average cue built by this cue maker.

The OP not only was offered a refund but has now been given specific dates to which he responded with an insult which imo says a lot about this buyer.

This buyer is a prime example why many cue makers will not take orders and only build what they want when they want. They don't want customers breathing down their necks, calling or emailing daily or weekly, asking for adds and changes to the order, requesting pictures, and on and on.

There are too many custom cue buyers who are ignorant of what is involved in ordering and executing a custom cue order and for everyone's peace of mind should buy cues in the secondary market.
I get the spirit of what you are saying, but you seriously don't see the problem with the cue as pictured. It matters not one iota that it isn't typical of the makers work. The maker contracted to build a cue to the specs of the customer for a certain price. The fact that he is being offered the refund, to me, shows that the maker agreed that the cue was not up to snuff.

The cue maker certainly sounds like he is trying to make it right. All of this could have been avoided with open communication on both sides and following the rule that a deal is not finalized (meaning, don't spend the customer's money) until both parties are happy.

What if the buyer had agreed to buy the cue, the maker ships the cue, and after receiving it the buyer tells him that he needed to wait a couple months before sending payment? That cue maker would be rightfully upset. To me, it is the same thing in reverse in this scenario.

I hope this is coming to a resolution that both sides can live with. Neither party here seems malicious to me, just an unfortunate transaction.

Old
  (#125)
Chili Palmer
Banned
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
I get the spirit of what you are saying, but you seriously don't see the problem with the cue as pictured. It matters not one iota that it isn't typical of the makers work. The maker contracted to build a cue to the specs of the customer for a certain price. The fact that he is being offered the refund, to me, shows that the maker agreed that the cue was not up to snuff.

The cue maker certainly sounds like he is trying to make it right. All of this could have been avoided with open communication on both sides and following the rule that a deal is not finalized (meaning, don't spend the customer's money) until both parties are happy.

What if the buyer had agreed to buy the cue, the maker ships the cue, and after receiving it the buyer tells him that he needed to wait a couple months before sending payment? That cue maker would be rightfully upset. To me, it is the same thing in reverse in this scenario.

I hope this is coming to a resolution that both sides can live with. Neither party here seems malicious to me, just an unfortunate transaction.
Well said, looks like it's headed down the right track now.

Old
  (#126)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post

The buyer asked the cue maker to correct the wrap and the finish. The cue maker agreed and the buyer shipped the cue back. Days later the buyer decided he wanted a refund instead.

Jay Fishbein
On Facebook:
Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#127)
Chili Palmer
Banned

03-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type79 View Post
The buyer asked the cue maker to correct the wrap and the finish. The cue maker agreed and the buyer shipped the cue back. Days later the buyer decided he wanted a refund instead.
And the builder agreed.

Old
  (#128)
BSummersCues
AzB Silver Member
BSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:48 PM

The buyer told me he wasnt happy with it. So I called him. Told him I would fix the problems. So he agreed... said he would ship out the next day. Then 4 days or so go by he decides he wanted a refund instead of taking a chance on not being satisfied again. So i said whatever ship the cue back I'll pay u when i can. Rest is history and he will be refunded. Was no need for this whole entire thread other than to stir shit. Some people dont have the luxury of having 2800 in there pocket to send on demand. Matter of fact before he even got the cue he told me he doesnt even like the cue just wanted a lower end cue just to see the work before he ordered another bigger cue. But honestly I dont want orders anyhow. Problem will be solved already have the cue fixed q new wrap and needed wet sanded and buffed out and all good.

I did not request full payment up front he said he doesnt like owing so he paid all up front

Old
  (#129)
KAP1976
AzB Silver Member
KAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSummersCues View Post
The buyer told me he wasnt happy with it. So I called him. Told him I would fix the problems. So he agreed... said he would ship out the next day. Then 4 days or so go by he decides he wanted a refund instead of taking a chance on not being satisfied again. So i said whatever ship the cue back I'll pay u when i can. Rest is history and he will be refunded. Was no need for this whole entire thread other than to stir shit. Some people dont have the luxury of having 2800 in there pocket to send on demand. Matter of fact before he even got the cue he told me he doesnt even like the cue just wanted a lower end cue just to see the work before he ordered another bigger cue. But honestly I dont want orders anyhow. Problem will be solved already have the cue fixed q new wrap and needed wet sanded and buffed out and all good.

I did not request full payment up front he said he doesnt like owing so he paid all up front
Get ready to be taken to task by all of the AZB 1-percenters now....

Old
  (#130)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Lol. yall's idea of low end cue and mine are waaaaay different . Well if anything this thread got me interested in full splice cues. Good luck and God Bless!

Old
  (#131)
Poolfiend
AzB Gold Member
Poolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:

If you knew it needed a new wrap, wet sanding, and buffed out, why did you send it out before those items were completed?

Old
  (#132)
tonyboy59
AzB Silver Member
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Donít post anything until you have them together.. Thier are 2 sides to every story. He posted no facts except he feels he should get his money back.
Actually from what I've been told...there are three sides to every story: Your's, Their's and the Truth.

Old
  (#133)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 02:32 PM

If the OP paid by redit card, which I believe he mentioned, all he needs to do is dipute the charge, say both parties agreed to a return and refund and have the charge reversed.

No need to wait until 4/15/19.

Or all this B.S.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#134)
tonyboy59
AzB Silver Member
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolfiend View Post
If you knew it needed a new wrap, wet sanding, and buffed out, why did you send it out before those items were completed?
Good point as I was wondering the same thing. I know cue makers that would never let things go out the door with those issues.

Old
  (#135)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
If the OP paid by redit card, which I believe he mentioned, all he needs to do is dipute the charge, say both parties agreed to a return and refund and have the charge reversed.

No need to wait until 4/15/19.

Or all this B.S.
There is a time limit associated with chargebacks. The merchant can refund the purchase, but he must have the funds to do so, since, presumably, he has already collected the funds from the original transaction.

VISA is not going to refund the O.P. if they can't first collect the funds fro the merchant.

Page 9 of 16 « First 789 1011 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: