Click here only if you are A player or higher!

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
I've been struggling a little bit with my table at my apartment and I have came up with an idea. I'd like to find someone who is as serious as I am and on my level or higher; that would "A" and up. I was thinking about renting a townhome apartment with a room big enough for my table, which must be a minimum of 14 x 19ft. But to do this I need a roommate, because I'm a poor emigrant ;) This could be a man or woman, but it must be someone serious and good enough to be my practice partner.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i see 39 clicks, including mine. there are 38 A players here??? no way!

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bruin70 said:

Bazarus, you should move to the DC area. We have lots of 'A' players up this way! Lots of tourneys too. Tiger Planet Pool Tour is in Hagerstown, MD this weekend. Too far for you? You used to come all the way up here.

Just scored a 65 downstairs in that 10 rack 10 ball drill.

Andy

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
alinco said:
Bazarus, you should move to the DC area. We have lots of 'A' players up this way! Lots of tourneys too. Tiger Planet Pool Tour is in Hagerstown, MD this weekend. Too far for you? You used to come all the way up here.

Andy

Its about 4-5 hours drive, so not a lot, but with current gas prizes...
DC area is to expensive for me, even if I'd share apartment with someone living and everything is much to high.
I'm happy with NC, I'll just propablly move to Raleigh. There is about 25 poolhouses out there and bunch of tournaments including Fury Tour and new one Jacoby Tour.

Yesterday I scored 47 in first 5 racks and than 18 in the next 5 racks. There is my consistency knocking :rolleyes:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
bruin70 said:

Being from Calgary Alberta you are either an A player or you are in deep trouble. We had the top 3 teams in the VNEA masters one year in Vegas. There are so many people in this city that can run multiple racks it is not funny.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should consider a move to FLA. New housing is one of the cheapest in the country. Lots of top pros live in FLA . There is also 3 different tours around FLA for you to play on.

Why invest thousands in rent, moving from one place to another, gas and trying to get someone who may or may not stay with you for the long haul. Partners in business are just like tenants to a landlord, once they stop paying, your stuck paying the bills. You mentioned (in another thread) you have your own business. How hard will it be to relocate and restart?

And if you are going to do all of that, Florida would be the place to do it. Don't let your love of pool cripple you financially (unless you are wealthy and can afford to lose/invest that kind of money) and waste your time continuioulsy moving around just to play pool.

Keep your prioritys straight and look at the big picture. Good fortune with any of your decisions.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:

Andy
Get'm Andy! Keep practicing though, I'm coming out of retirement and gonna be looking for you again...LOL

unknownpro

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
JustPlay said:
You should consider a move to FLA. New housing is one of the cheapest in the country. Lots of top pros live in FLA . There is also 3 different tours around FLA for you to play on.

Why invest thousands in rent, moving from one place to another, gas and trying to get someone who may or may not stay with you for the long haul. Partners in business are just like tenants to a landlord, once they stop paying, your stuck paying the bills. You mentioned (in another thread) you have your own business. How hard will it be to relocate and restart?

And if you are going to do all of that, Florida would be the place to do it. Don't let your love of pool cripple you financially (unless you are wealthy and can afford to lose/invest that kind of money) and waste your time continuioulsy moving around just to play pool.

Keep your prioritys straight and look at the big picture. Good fortune with any of your decisions.

I haven't decide where I'm going to sattle for good, so buying a house right now is out of the question. Investing money in pool its like investing in any other education. Are you saying here that it is not worth it?

JustPlay said:
You should consider a move to FLA. New housing is one of the cheapest in the country.

New housing is one of the cheapest in the country? HUH?? What part of FLA are you talking about?

BTW...HEY BAZ...I'll be moving to FLA sometime in the future, but just so you know...we won't be rooming together! If you do come to the state, try to stay at least 500 miles away from where I am!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustPlay said:

I could'nt agree with you more!!...now comes the shameless plug!...My wife and I are realtors down here in Florida in the Daytona beach area. There is a huge boom going on here, that's why we moved here a few years ago. I'm just learning the pool scene, and it is a good one here! Lot's of tours and rooms. Anyway, if any of you all need info about Florida , check out our website at:

www.coastalwatersrealty.net Thanx....Gerry

ps, I'm no "A" player, but all you "A" players checking out this post can surely give me 9/6 right?:)

Gerry said:
I could'nt agree with you more!!...now comes the shameless plug!...My wife and I are realtors down here in Florida in the Daytona beach area. There is a huge boom going on here, that's why we moved here a few years ago. I'm just learning the pool scene, and it is a good one here! Lot's of tours and rooms. Anyway, if any of you all need info about Florida , check out our website at:

www.coastalwatersrealty.net Thanx....Gerry

ps, I'm no "A" player, but all you "A" players checking out this post can surely give me 9/6 right?:)

OK Gerry...Find this for me and give me a price. A home approximately 2,500-2,600 sq.ft of living space. A family room that's between 18x22 and 18x26 for my pool table. 3 bedrooms with a master bed. of around 255 sq. ft. or more. 10' ceilings in all rooms except living or great room and kitchen which should be vaulted or cathedral. Living or great room of AT LEAST 17x15 to 18.5x20. The rest of the room dimensions can be worked on. With or without pool.
I am dead serious. Give me a price.
A living or great room

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
OK Gerry...Find this for me and give me a price. A home approximately 2,500-2,600 sq.ft of living space. A family room that's between 18x22 and 18x26 for my pool table. 3 bedrooms with a master bed. of around 255 sq. ft. or more. 10' ceilings in all rooms except living or great room and kitchen which should be vaulted or cathedral. Living or great room of AT LEAST 17x15 to 18.5x20. The rest of the room dimensions can be worked on. With or without pool.
A living or great room

I can do a search for you later today no problem. Out here on the peninsula that home would be around $425k and up. If you go across the bridge to the river side, maybe $350k. There is a link on our webpage to do a search with any criteria you wish, with instant results....I'll check myself later also..Thanx.....Gerry

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
A living or great room
Don't you want a basement too???? Talk about your in-home aquarium!! :p

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
I haven't decide where I'm going to sattle for good, so buying a house right now is out of the question. Investing money in pool its like investing in any other education. Are you saying here that it is not worth it?

No, investing money in playing pool is not like investing money in just any other education. If investing money in "playing pool" can get you- health insurance for you and your family, retirement money, pay your mortgage/rent, put food on your table, cloths on your back, shoes on your feet and you can do this for the next 25+ years, then go for it! You stated that you are a poor imagrent (spelling error) in your thread.

Like I stated before, good luck in your decision(s).

Last edited:

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
New housing is one of the cheapest in the country? HUH?? What part of FLA are you talking about?

BTW...HEY BAZ...I'll be moving to FLA sometime in the future, but just so you know...we won't be rooming together! If you do come to the state, try to stay at least 500 miles away from where I am!

About a 2 years ago a friend of mine bought a brand new condo that could house a 4.5 x 9 table (in its living room) for 80K just outside (north) of tampa in what they call "new tampa". I am not talking luxury living, but, thats pretty good price it had 2 beds, 2 full baths (one in each bedroom) and 1 half bath downstairs. The clubhouse had all of the amemities you could have.

JustPlay said:
About a 2 years ago a friend of mine bought a brand new condo that could house a 4.5 x 9 table (in its living room) for 80K just outside (north) of tampa in what they call "new tampa". I am not talking luxury living, but, thats pretty good price it had 2 beds, 2 full baths (one in each bedroom) and 1 half bath downstairs. The clubhouse had all of the amemities you could have.

You wouldn't believe what has happened in the LAST 2 years though! Prices have skyrocketed everywhere. In February of 2004, I purchased some land in Cape Coral which was about 1/4 of an acre that went for $31,000. I get realtors constantly sending stuff to now list that property and sell it for $110-$125. I can't hardly build a home on it for under $300k and certainly not under $250k that's around 2,500 sq.ft. Florida is BOOMING and one of the hottest markets in the country. (for builders and sellers) Nothing is cheap any more. Go to www.realtor.com and input any area that you want and you'll see for yourself.