Cliff Joyner vs. Stevie Moore

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Just heard that Cliff Joyner and Stevie Moore are going to play a race to 20 8 ball for $10,000 tonight at Mr. Cues in Atlanta. Just curious as to who everyone likes in this.

Southpaw

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I am probably going to be in the minority with my pick, but I like Stevie to pull it out. No particular reason, just plain gut.

fluidstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going with Stevie myself. I think the majority will bet on Stevie. Hope someone there likes Cliff in this so I can get a bet down. I think this match is gambling, but i just cant bet against Stevie. He has as much heart as anyone he is just a bulldog and wont ever quit. He's the real deal can flat out play.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
fluidstroke said:
Going with Stevie myself. I think the majority will bet on Stevie. Hope someone there likes Cliff in this so I can get a bet down. I think this match is gambling, but i just cant bet against Stevie. He has as much heart as anyone he is just a bulldog and wont ever quit. He's the real deal can flat out play.

I agree 100%. He just plays so solid for the cash.

Southpaw

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That should be an interesting match. They probably agreed on 8ball because I think Stevie might have Cliff in 9ball. But Cliff would have stevie in 1pocket. So they sort of met in the middle I guess.

Either way I wish I wasn't so broke or I'd go out and watch it.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
On any given day

cuetechasaurus said:
Wish I knew how good this Stevie Moore plays, because Cliff can play 8-ball with anyone IMO.
He can play with about anyone.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
cuetechasaurus said:
So is Stevie the total favorite in this match, even if Cliff is in dead punch??
I said on any given day. If Cliff is in dead stroke, nobody in the world has to like it. BTW, they played a race to 6 the other day and Stevie took that down.

You said you thought Cliff could play 8 ball with anyone, that ought to tell you how good Stevie plays.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just left q2 and for a while it looked good stevie way 3-3 then 5-3 then 7-5 stevie i strole over to watch a few of girles that play at my place come back it 14-7 joyner, last report i got was joyner 19 stivie 13. STICK

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Just how damn long were you watchin' them girlies sir? Gone that long...I sure hope you got your shaft polished...LOL!

Thepoolroomchef

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
End score 21 to 17 cliff on top. Stevie had him 7 to 3 and Cliff played perfect to 12 straight games to put him at 15 to 7. Stevie fought his way back up but hooked himself trying to make his last ball and break the 8 out of Cliff's ball. gave Cliff a not so easy 5 ball out for the cash and the fat lady started singing.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well finley some one is wondering about my sex life ,here on a pool form!!! will mirecals never cease!!, thanks varney cues for the thought, if you can help a old man get it greased, i im open for suggestions!!!! THANKS STICK

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
You said you thought Cliff could play 8 ball with anyone, that ought to tell you how good Stevie plays.

Stevie and Cliff are both excellent players. But from what I have heard is that Stevie is more of a 9ball player while cliff is a 1pocket player.

It's tough to hook a 1 pocket player. Especially one as good as Cliff.

However if I played them in a race to 1000 then the score would more than likely be 1000+-0. With either of them on top.