A Game Of Pool

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a head-up.....
The Twilight Zone episode called “A Game Of Pool” will air tonight at 11:00pm eastern on Sci-Fi network. They’re doing their Twilight Zone marathon and this is one of my favorites. Maybe some others would like it too.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
It's one of my favourites, too, sir. Jesse Cardiff and Fats.

I have a few photograph stills from the episode somewhere. :)

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a head-up.....
The Twilight Zone episode called “A Game Of Pool” will air tonight at 11:00pm eastern on Sci-Fi network. They’re doing their Twilight Zone marathon and this is one of my favorites. Maybe some others would like it too.

Never seen it, but it's set to record. Thanks!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Just a head-up.....

Thanks! Had trouble finding before. Will record tonight.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Twilight Zone is on Netflix if you miss it on the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Three Versions?

This is the remake....not as well done as the original....
...but I’m kinda fond of it...a couple of my cues are in it...one is a Rambow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DdPtfRkYU

I think there may be at least three versions of "A Game of Pool". I used to have both of the Twilight Zone versions but I saw a third show called A Game of Pool too. Same show, a third set of actors. I was expecting the second version which I already had so I didn't record it. Thought I would see it again but I never have. Best I recall it was black and white. I don't remember anything else about it. Ring any bells? While the plot was exactly the same, I wonder now if it was maybe an episode of a regular TV show.

Hu

Diogenes

Silver Member
My Favorite Version

These are screen caps from my favorite version of "A Game of Pool"...

Attachments

• A Game of Pool.jpg
    A Game of Pool.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 315

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think there may be at least three versions of "A Game of Pool". I used to have both of the Twilight Zone versions but I saw a third show called A Game of Pool too. Same show, a third set of actors. I was expecting the second version which I already had so I didn't record it. Thought I would see it again but I never have. Best I recall it was black and white. I don't remember anything else about it. Ring any bells? While the plot was exactly the same, I wonder now if it was maybe an episode of a regular TV show.

Hu

I went looking, Hu

Wilfred Lucas made a silent short...A Game of Pool in 1913...no copies around..
....in 1915 it kinda morphed into Pool Sharks...with WC Fields

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I really liked the Alcoa Theater Goodby Johnny, as well.
There was a thread with a link a long, long time ago. I think the link was dead. I have the episode saved, somewhere. I'll have to find it an upload it to YouTube.

Josh

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You

I went looking, Hu

Wilfred Lucas made a silent short...A Game of Pool in 1913...no copies around..
....in 1915 it kinda morphed into Pool Sharks...with WC Fields

Thanks for looking. This was old but they talked I believe. I noticed the old studios hung on to footage and sets they could reuse. My memory isn't good enough to be much help.

Hu