John Schmidt's 204

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to keep score a few times during the straight pool challenge at the expo. One time it was for my old buddy John Schmidt. John had about a 75 for the first four innings. The fifth inning he ran an incredible 204!

I only remember John getting in trouble about 5 or 6 times during the run, and most of them came in the first 100 balls. He even joked about his new nickname being "Johnny Patterns" or something like that:D.

I have never seen a run over 100 in person, so I was pulling for him to go big! When he was on 98, he fired in his break ball and shit another ball in the side. 100!!!

When he got to 196 he had a break ball with a slight angle going away from the stack. He fired it in with top and went two rails to break out a few balls. He was able to pick a couple more balls out and finally hung a cross corner bank to end his run at 204. It was the best straight pool I have seen in my life.

One of the funnier moments in the run was when John got a little out of line on his KEY BALL and Bill Marop starting to rack the balls. I used a line I stole from Charlie or Steve (I think) and reminded him that they were playing 14.1, not 13.2.

I was happy for John, and I think I am going to practice straight pool until I reach 100 balls now. Next year will be my year baby!!!!

...as long as I have my rack girl!:D

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Yeah that was amazing to watch!! I love watching him play...you can learn so much!

You will get there soon enough! I will be there racking for ya like i was for your awesome 62 ball run!!!! go get em'!!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Eric,

that prase was coined onto me by Danny Barouty, i think i may have sharked him when i got up and went to rack for him when he was setup on his keyball. i guess i was caught up in the moment, cause he was playing out the pattern as i was reading it off in my head the same way i saw it.

he stopped me from racking and said "Steve, it is 14.1 not 13.2" i was so appologetic, i think i may have sharked him ant that moment because he was on a good run and that may have gotten him past the qualifying stage.

again danny if you read this, i really am sorry !

Steve

Eric,

i was rather impressed by your game, it would not surprise me one bit if you topple that 100 mark very soon. it was a real honor to me to have you stepping up time, after time, after time to put up a good score. your determination is going to bring you a long way, and dont ever lose sight of that !

Steve

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Nice Eazy!!! We gotta play some 14.1 next time you come through. Oh and bring your rack girl, she looks like loads of fun in a good looking package.

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Nice Eazy!!! We gotta play some 14.1 next time you come through. Oh and bring your rack girl, she looks like loads of fun in a good looking package.

awe thanks lol im alot more fun when im not sick :) i was sick the whole time we were at sbe...as far as bringing me along you guys will have to check with the hubby thats a far trip to make without him LOL

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John's run was incredible there are just two things I am pissed off about it.

#1. I was doing commentary during the ralph eckert mike dechaine matchup in the arena so i missed the first portion of the run.

#2. the camera dies at about 130 so I know everyone was pissed about that.

lol