2017 14.1 challenge?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017 challenge?

If there is I would join with annoying 99 run :mad: It ended 10th of january 2017. Started just before midnight on 9th ... :D

I will try to put it on YouTube.. It was more like shotmakers workout that 14.1 run.. :rolleyes:
Could be that I have to mute video thought.
There was my favorite Heavy Metal playing background.
That could make some copyright issues.
Basically I just wanted shoot some balls while listening that song..
40 min long song. I just kept making balls... hehe

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
2017 challenge?

If there is I would join with annoying 99 run :mad: It ended 10th of january 2017. Started just before midnight on 9th ... :D

I will try to put it on YouTube.. It was more like shotmakers workout that 14.1 run.. :rolleyes:

That's a nice run, congratulations! :thumbup:

I remember wondering at some point why I've run 99 a number of times (I remember at least five - because of how the runs ended, of course), that is, if it had anything to do with reaching three digits, but have lately noticed I'm simply running multiples of 14 + 1 quite often - probably most of my runs end that way: I make the break shot, with all the requisite confidence and speed, balls spreading nicely, and I have no shot or a tough one, such as being doubled up (= iffy and/or multi-ball combinations that are so laughable I'd take an intentional scratch in tournament play). It's simple: the first shot after the break tends to be the toughest of the rack, and I'm not a great shotmaker. That's all. Nothing worth mulling over…

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a nice run, congratulations! :thumbup:

I remember wondering at some point why I've run 99 a number of times (I remember at least five - because of how the runs ended, of course), that is, if it had anything to do with reaching three digits, but have lately noticed I'm simply running multiples of 14 + 1 quite often - probably most of my runs end that way: I make the break shot, with all the requisite confidence and speed, balls spreading nicely, and I have no shot or a tough one, such as being doubled up (= iffy and/or multi-ball combinations that are so laughable I'd take an intentional scratch in tournament play). It's simple: the first shot after the break tends to be the toughest of the rack, and I'm not a great shotmaker. That's all. Nothing worth mulling over…

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Yeah I needed play little bit odd break shot and got only one ball available after break.. Not too hard shot available after break, but easily missable. Normally that breakshot gives easy(ish) shot to middle pocket but not this time. :eek:

I also got video now uploaded and YouTube silenced it right away.. :D
Too good music there.. heh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JdIfkyBY8

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That miss on what would have been the 100th ball was a real shame, Matti. You got such beautiful shape on the nine for the secondary break.

Arnaldo

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Still an awesome number to hit. cant wait to watch it.

Try sending a PM to Alinco here on AZ 14.1 Forum.

He may be caught up with things in his personal time, and lost track of the posts.

Andy is priceless, and i hope he continues the post !

-Steve

2017 challenge?

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting! And that Do It Like Efren clip in your signature is amazing! Man I wish I had your eye!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting! And that Do It Like Efren clip in your signature is amazing! Man I wish I had your eye!

As amazing as that run was I have an even more interesting question. Why is there a manhole cover in the floor next to the pool table?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As amazing as that run was I have an even more interesting question. Why is there a manhole cover in the floor next to the pool table?

Better pay what lose or one does not know where finds himself:grin::grin:!!!!!

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Not completely through yet watching your run, but already mightily impressed with your shotmaking skills… :thumbup:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not completely through yet watching your run, but already mightily impressed with your shotmaking skills… :thumbup:

Thanks. I upgraded them 2 years ago with help from this forum and C.J Wileys tips. I did quit playing around 2008 due my rheumatism on back. I made comeback around 2013 when i finally got my back pains low enough so i could get some sleep. Just kept practicing for fun. It was easy to rip my game to pieces because i played no tournaments.
Now I play some tournaments just for fun because i really don't have equal or near equal opponents.
That TOI is not total bulls**t even one might think so. I just started using touch of inside most of my shots and it cured me away from "spin-throw" with outside. Not ever watched any C.J`s videos but he wrote quite a lot free advice(+ads) on main forum.
I also play sometimes Snooker and Finnish Kaisa. They require so accurate shotmaking it is unreal. Could come from there also..

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Same here, already my second "good" run this year, but no 2017 thread. :confused:

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, it's me, John Flores. I was one of the guys helping Dennis Walsh and Bill Marop run the Challenge this year. I was speaking to you about table mechanics. The big guy with the beard. lol listening to Frank Sinatra.

Just wanted to tell you it was nice meeting you and if you need any tools just let me know and I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Good luck with your new career and keep shooting well. See you next year

John Flores
J-Flo

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, it's me, John Flores. I was one of the guys helping Dennis Walsh and Bill Marop run the Challenge this year. I was speaking to you about table mechanics. The big guy with the beard. lol listening to Frank Sinatra.

Just wanted to tell you it was nice meeting you and if you need any tools just let me know and I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Good luck with your new career and keep shooting well. See you next year

John Flores
J-Flo

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
Thanks man! :)
I learned a lot!
See you next time.