I want one of these....

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
maybe you have a point

I hear what youre saying. The thing is, the Smart Sensor used in the Diamond Smart table barbox is *patented* by Diamond. If another company is using something that is patent protected, then, imo, it's a knock off.

Eric >or worse

I was going to say that would be a patent law violation.But I suppose there are grey areas where a company can get away with it.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I also LOVED my Lehmacher table and wish I still had it. Marc Lehmacher invented the bag pocket and he also invented the flush corner where the whole corner was flush with the rails - i.e. one assembly, not a separate pocket and corner.

Theres a local poolhall that has 10 lehmachers and they play like garbage. The bag pockets and flush corners are nice but that all they got going for them. And if someone wanted a gulley return then half the reason for getting a lechmacher is out the window. When earl and johnny passed through they couldnt help but complain about em. Especially Earl. Id take a GC any day of the week. or a Metro or a Centennial.

I cant stand the rails on diamonds but other than that theyre not bad.

and i definitely like to hit some balls on a gabriel. Combining all the best elemets into one table has got to be worth something.

Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Fatboy....why don't you just let me cobrazise that Diamond you have and be done with the search for the best table:thumbup:

I saw a Gandy Big G play like a Diamond after being "cobraized".

If that can happen.... hell it's like the Phoenix rising from the ashes... it's... it's... it's Easter all over again. :groucho:

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a 9ft gaberial at strokers2 in tampa(old planet 9ball).I recently played a few sets on it and it plays great.I have a 1st generation diamond pro cut,3 piece slate in my house and the gaberial plays about the same.The pockets weren`t as tight as my diamond but they did play like a diamond proam.There recessed pokets are great and easy to bridge on.The table height was a little lower than the diamonds next to it.If I ever sell my diamond I would definetly consider one of the gaberials.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
After seeing the thread about getting a new table, it occoured to me, I have had a GC 3,4,5 so far the 4 was the best. I'm pissed at the 5 because it never stays level and some of the rolls come and go, and it has a few that are there no matter what. I love the table but cant fade the rolls. I have a Diamond-I'm happy with that table. But I like to try everything in pool and I never had one of these, I have been told they are the best:

http://www.gabrielsbilliards.com/pool/

I dont like the bags for drop pockets, but I bet this table has better cut slate than the GC does and it 30MM thick about 1.2" sitting on a steel frame, how can that be bad? unless you live at the beach.....Then I might not want a pool table anyways.

I think new room in Fargo has a few of them, if anyone knows anything about them email me at EP90210@hotmail.com

I like new things in pool, i enjoy trying everything and I havent tried one of these!!!

My dear Mr. Peterson, You have three tables in your house that most on here would die for. I'm talking Diamond Pro-Am, Gold Crown V and the Riley 6 x 12. Life is tough ain't it!

Face it dude, you're a table junkie. If you had the Gabriel, you'd want a Kim Steel. Good thing is you've got the room for all of them. How about a poolroom with all the top brands of tables, maybe four of each. That would be cool!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dear Mr. Peterson, You have three tables in your house that most on here would die for. I'm talking Diamond Pro-Am, Gold Crown V and the Riley 6 x 12. Life is tough ain't it!

Face it dude, you're a table junkie. If you had the Gabriel, you'd want a Kim Steel. Good thing is you've got the room for all of them. How about a poolroom with all the top brands of tables, maybe four of each. That would be cool!

yes I am a pool table junkie, I love them all, I need to get my Centennial set up too, the Riley is the Aristocrat(the best model they make), What I really need is to learn to play. I'm very depressed about my game right now, very depressed. I might take a break.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dear Mr. Peterson,

you know me Jay I'm a stickler for proper spelling, thats "PetersEn":grin-square::grin-square:

miss u buddy when are you getting back, i'm going to la this week for a week, then up to stockton/sacramento for a game(maybe) if im not to depressed about my game.

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
first state billiards in dover de has 4 Gabriels. while i am just a banger i think they play great.

Casual Observer

Viva... yeah whatever
Silver Member
diamond was their USA 3C table distributer until about a year ago. Diamond Isnt selling any of their pool tables far as I know b/c its very close to what they manufactor, I will call Greg and Mark and find out the real story.

I'm just sick of tables not staying level, the concrete floor my box is sitting on is 24" deep, yes 24"-thats a different topic. But I cant keep a GC5 level, The first yr I had a diamond it needed to be adjusted twicw-the air is dry here and when the frame dries out the table will move a bit.

They need to build steel block cushions like the snooker tables-that table would be he nutsm with 60mm slate. That would be a solid box if there ever was one. I like to over build things.

Eric,
I accidentally deleted the PM (back when you still did that whole PM thing :wink:) that had your email address in it. I tried to send you a note (via pm) this evening, but forgot that you turned that feature off.
Can you send me it? You can leave it in a Green Rep. :wink:
I had a note to pass along.
C.O.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
you know me Jay I'm a stickler for proper spelling, thats "PetersEn":grin-square::grin-square:

miss u buddy when are you getting back, i'm going to la this week for a week, then up to stockton/sacramento for a game(maybe) if im not to depressed about my game.

Thanks. You're the Fattest! Oops I mean the Greatest! Not heading home until April 7. Gives me one week to do my taxes. :embarrassed2:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. You're the Fattest! Oops I mean the Greatest! Not heading home until April 7. Gives me one week to do my taxes. :embarrassed2:

Boooo, I knew you would dodge me cause dinner is on you next time:wink:,
seriously I hope your having a good time with Jalo and making progress with the papeerwork and bearurocy. I'm heading to LA tomarrow or Wed for a week or two, I have some biz to take care of there, then about the time your commming back I will be back in Vegas. I might do a sports car drive with some friends I used to dothat all the time but I got board with cars, I made a call and were putting one together for warily april in the south county, its fun we'll hit 160mph if were lucky 140 is a lock. let me know if you want to rife shot gun.

take care,

Fastboy

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There is a 9ft gaberial at strokers2 in tampa(old planet 9ball).I recently played a few sets on it and it plays great.I have a 1st generation diamond pro cut,3 piece slate in my house and the gaberial plays about the same.The pockets weren`t as tight as my diamond but they did play like a diamond proam.There recessed pokets are great and easy to bridge on.The table height was a little lower than the diamonds next to it.If I ever sell my diamond I would definetly consider one of the gaberials.

Let me tell you all something about a Gabriels 9ft. First of all, just so we understand each other, I'd put it in the top 5 for commercial tables...OK;)...but, the ProCut pockets...what a joke, using 3/8"s thick neoprene pocket facings is not my idea on how to get the pockets to 4 1/2" because of the harder neoprene facings being that thick compared to the cushions...the cloth cuts through at the points of the pockets, second, facings that thick are no different than triple shimming the pockets...it's just all in one facing.

Next, when you level the table, be ready to be there a while...because it don't matter how well you level the slates using the upright bolt leveling system or using shims...the minute you bolt down the rails...because the rail bolts go through the timber-strand frame which is mounted to the steel C channel frame....the washers prevent the bolts from bolting flat to the bottom of the slate....so, they pull the slates down on the leveling bolts/shims and pull the slates out of level....so then, you have to leave the rail blinds off....so you can get at the side of the slate in order to loosen each rail bolt and shim for level again....only after tightening up the rail bolt can you tell if your leveling worked....if not...back off and keep doing it until the slates remain level after the rails are bolted down....then take the rails off....install the bed cloth....but DON'T check and adjust the level of the slates....because they won't be level again until after you bolt the rails back on.

Nice table....but what a joke for a design;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
are made for underside of C-Channels.Don't they use them??

No, as the rail bolts are passing through the timber-strand mounted to the C-Channel frame and are held in place there, pulling the slates down on top of the leveling bolts/wedges therefore changing the level of the slates once tightened up;)

pooltableproCP

Is there a problem?
Silver Member
yes I am a pool table junkie, I love them all, I need to get my Centennial set up too, the Riley is the Aristocrat(the best model they make), What I really need is to learn to play. I'm very depressed about my game right now, very depressed. I might take a break.

You said it right there Eric - you need to get that sweet Centennial up and running!

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on them at First State Billiards in Dover Delaware when I'm there and they are they the best tables I've ever played on, period. Better than Diamonds and Gold Crowns.