Drake Bell - Files banruptcy

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
well, if that is the worse thing he has done, than he's OK in my book. He is just a poor money manager, and needs to learn from this. Those great paychecks are not consistent in his world, and you need to PAY cash for stuff and start a nest egg so you don't wind up on the cover of the National Enquirer when he's 50 and living in a doublewide with the crew from Jersey Shore :)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, if that is the worse thing he has done, than he's OK in my book. He is just a poor money manager, and needs to learn from this. Those great paychecks are not consistent in his world, and you need to PAY cash for stuff and start a nest egg so you don't wind up on the cover of the National Enquirer when he's 50 and living in a doublewide with the crew from Jersey Shore :)

He may want to warm up to the producers of 'Worlds Dumbest' Possibly a gig there with Todd Bridges and co.

dudlock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His mom is Robin Dodson (formerly Robin Bell) who used to play a 'little' pool and Drake also plays quite a bit of pool.

I clicked some link somewhere and started watching him on that show called Splash and became fascinated and watched the whole season. Celebrities learning how to make dives in the pool. Sometimes they were way up there too. And they would get scored and one would get eliminated. Drake made it almost to the end. I think he made final three. They really took their licks. It was on you tube

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
That's the "hell with the math, I want it all". Hollywood adding. 400k one year and buys a house for 2mil. What a shame. Sad thing is he's probably getting ripped off by everyone he deals with. Johnnyt

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Doesn't make sense - says he only made $14K in 2013 --- so he didn't make a dime from the Splash show, is the voice of The Ultimate Spiderman cartoon and makes nothing off his shows on Nickelodeon being replayed?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, this is not pool news just because Robin is his mom.

It's really a shame for the people who post here to berate someone for filing bankruptcy without knowing the circumstances, and what that person may have had to face.

I know of several people who have had to resort to filing due to circumstances beyond their control. Things happen.

Why don't you all stop gloating over someone's misfortune and move on to something that actually relates to pool?

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The financial dealings of family members of famous pool players are not, in my opinion, the business of this forum.

We all hope and believe that Drake's fortunes will improve.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's really a shame for the people who post here to berate someone for filing bankruptcy without knowing the circumstances, and what that person may have had to face.

I know several people who have had to resort to filing due to circumstances beyond their control. Things happen.

Why don't you all stop gloating over someone's misfortune and move on to something that actually relates to pool?

Drakes personal and professional life have been posted on here several times by his own mother. I don't see anything wrong with this.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

I know of several people who have had to resort to filing due to circumstances beyond their control. Things happen.

Who the heck is GLOATNG ?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's that fascination, that people who post stuff like this, have with the misfortune of others.

I call it gloating. You can call it whatever you want.

Either way, it doesn't belong here.

That would mean pretty much all news is gloating.

It's a bit odd that he went that far into debt and has not made enough to cover things. The Drake and Josh show was a pretty big hit, and the kid is a good musician outside of his acting gigs.

Maybe he just has a really bad agent.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would mean pretty much all news is gloating.

It's a bit odd that he went that far into debt and has not made enough to cover things. The Drake and Josh show was a pretty big hit, and the kid is a good musician outside of his acting gigs.

Maybe he just has a really bad agent.

He got bad counseling or he just didnt listen.