Using a carbon mid cue extension to change thread

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a Radial Jacoby butt and a Uniloc Predator 12.9 shaft that I would like to try and pair.
What do you guys think a carbon mid cue extension would do to the feel/hit or even deflection of the cue?
Go Customs can do me a custom Carbon 2.5 inch mid extension with Radial at the back and Uni-loc at the front.
https://go-customs.com/product/go-customs-composite-extensions/

Note: I'm from the UK and there isn't anyone who can change a joint on a revo. Also, 12.9 Radials pretty much don't exist second hand where I am and buying a new one is something I can't afford atm. I am trying to sell my Uniloc revo and then buy a Radial but this could be a better solution?

Would love to hear some input on this if anyone has ever done it?

Thanks

Sean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deflection, not at all.
Hit is subjective, but probably not so much.
Balance, yes, so ask them how heavy it is.

I've never tried a carbon fiber mid extension, but I've tried various wood ones and it's always the weight that kills it for me. Even if I didn't prefer light sticks around ~15 ounces, the added weight is just too noticeable as changing the fulcrum is a game changer.

If your stick currently feels the way you want and then you add too much fixed weight to the center, you're never going to have the stick feel that way again. You could achieve the same balance, but the overall weight will have to increase. Well, that's not strictly true. If you use a heavier stick to boot you could find a shorter weight bolt that is lighter than the original, but much denser than the original and move it further back.... but good luck with that as weight bolts are already typically steel/Chinesium.

Unless you like extremely heavy sticks, a good general rule is to have as little weight and as uniform as possible in any given area. This is why out of all the popular joints, I stay clear of Uni-Loc Quick Release.

Last edited: