Olathe Shooters (west)

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody get out there much?

I go out there once-in-a-while weekdays beings they still got the great $7 all-day-deal.

Only "issue" is the old fella Ted (generally just on) Mondays is about the only person there regularly and NOT playing one-pocket and I'd much rather play 10-ball 9-ball or 8ball. Ted's a good guy but I hardly remember to go anywheres until midweek Lol!

There's one or two other guys there kinda regular weekdays but they are generally strictly gambling and/or one-pocket and much anything more than playing for table time i.e., > $7 is too rich for my blood. ... I MIGHT keep up with 'em but might not like finding out hard way Lol!

Elsewise they still got the great b-rated tourney on 2nd 4th fri/sat nights (or whatever) but sometimes I'm too tired/lazy since I've got afternoons off for several weeks at a stint.

... other thing worth mentioning is they re-did all the 9' tables last year and the pockets are all TIGHT (same as the couple 9' Diamond tables) and last month (on a Tuesday I think) I was able to practice on a 9' Diamond with real nice cloth .... but after a couple hours it got boring and I'd rather shoot some race to 3 (or race to 5) with winner stays on (or whatever) and 2-3 people is sometimes ideal ... I think the 7' Diamond tables are unlocked from 1:00-6;00Pm as well.
anyhow its a great place to practice pool AFTERNOONS - but 1/2 the time it's DIFFICULT to find a (rotation) pickup-type game which is basically why this is a "hey anybody wanna shoot a few games?" type post as much as a "review."

Dan Patrick still does a great job replacing tips as well.

My g/f's son has said he "Might have some billiards interest" beings he's driving nights for Uber - but that's yet to materialize (as he lives more north than southwest) Put it this way; it's all good, I try and stay flexible.

... also probably going to start playing Tennis! again this spring perhaps. Getting the RF97 Wilson Pro Staff if the funds are right ... So if anybody wants to hit ground-strokes and/or eventually play some sets --- it's all good.
g/f said "B sure mention 'long pants is acceptable Lol!"' 'cause it's definitely not a gay thing. Times change; but not THAT much Lol!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody get out there much?

I go out there once-in-a-while weekdays beings they still got the great $7 all-day-deal.

Only "issue" is the old fella Ted (generally just on) Mondays is about the only person there regularly and NOT playing one-pocket and I'd much rather play 10-ball 9-ball or 8ball. Ted's a good guy but I hardly remember to go anywheres until midweek Lol!

There's one or two other guys there kinda regular weekdays but they are generally strictly gambling and/or one-pocket and much anything more than playing for table time i.e., > $7 is too rich for my blood. ... I MIGHT keep up with 'em but might not like finding out hard way Lol!

Elsewise they still got the great b-rated tourney on 2nd 4th fri/sat nights (or whatever) but sometimes I'm too tired/lazy since I've got afternoons off for several weeks at a stint.

... other thing worth mentioning is they re-did all the 9' tables last year and the pockets are all TIGHT (same as the couple 9' Diamond tables) and last month (on a Tuesday I think) I was able to practice on a 9' Diamond with real nice cloth .... but after a couple hours it got boring and I'd rather shoot some race to 3 (or race to 5) with winner stays on (or whatever) and 2-3 people is sometimes ideal ... I think the 7' Diamond tables are unlocked from 1:00-6;00Pm as well.
anyhow its a great place to practice pool AFTERNOONS - but 1/2 the time it's DIFFICULT to find a (rotation) pickup-type game which is basically why this is a "hey anybody wanna shoot a few games?" type post as much as a "review."

Dan Patrick still does a great job replacing tips as well.

My g/f's son has said he "Might have some billiards interest" beings he's driving nights for Uber - but that's yet to materialize (as he lives more north than southwest) Put it this way; it's all good, I try and stay flexible.

... also probably going to start playing Tennis! again this spring perhaps. Getting the RF97 Wilson Pro Staff if the funds are right ... So if anybody wants to hit ground-strokes and/or eventually play some sets --- it's all good.
g/f said "B sure mention 'long pants is acceptable Lol!"' 'cause it's definitely not a gay thing. Times change; but not THAT much Lol!
Do you still have to buy a membership at Shooters? Heard they're finally going non-smoking at the end of Feb.

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh hey thanks!

Yeah, I've yet to renew the last year or so but it's only $10 if they were to ask - I kept my card and seems like they don't mess w/ me if I sign in right away. Last year I got to know Kelly waitress by name but I think she left.

They've got the best tables around so if I couldn't get a guest in fer sure it's worth the $10 beings 2-guys can do the FULL table for $7 for like 5 hours so it's a great deal all around.

I hadn't heard about the no smokes in Feb but half the time I LIKE to step out to burn one or make a private call - it's just fresh air and natural light esp. winter does a body good. Honestly I'd PREFER to take 5-10-15min every hour or so ... haven't practiced much the last several months and a marathon session'd make me feel like an old man (which I may be Lol!)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh hey thanks!

Yeah, I've yet to renew the last year or so but it's only $10 if they were to ask - I kept my card and seems like they don't mess w/ me if I sign in right away. Last year I got to know Kelly waitress by name but I think she left.

They've got the best tables around so if I couldn't get a guest in fer sure it's worth the $10 beings 2-guys can do the FULL table for $7 for like 5 hours so it's a great deal all around.

I hadn't heard about the no smokes in Feb but half the time I LIKE to step out to burn one or make a private call - it's just fresh air and natural light esp. winter does a body good. Honestly I'd PREFER to take 5-10-15min every hour or so ... haven't practiced much the last several months and a marathon session'd make me feel like an old man (which I may be Lol!)
It is a great spot. I'm gonna try to make the Midwest event in March.