Design me a 2-3 hr session

Wald0

Registered
I’m 32, it’s time to get as good as I can right now. There is no time to waste.

I play about 4-5 times a week, consists of one league, my own practice sessions and cash sets against players with no spot and some local tourneys.. Overall at least 12 hours a week. Game has come up alot over the past couple years since I started putting the hours in.

I would like to ask what the ideal practice session would be. Currently I start by hitting long straight shots, then into inside-out and outside-in cross table shots, then into some shape drills. I finish by playing a few ghost racks. I don’t use any system to aim, just feel the shot every time.

Need to know specifically what kind of drills and such that will improve a player quickly. I know there are some challenging and tedious drills but I don’t mind doing them. I don’t mind repeating something for an hour and i’m not the type to bang balls around in practice. Thanks for any advice.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Employ Scott Lee. His lesson will give you the essential drills to be a better player. A much better player.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m 32, it’s time to get as good as I can right now. There is no time to waste
Need to know specifically what kind of drills and such that will improve a player quickly. ...
I think the first thing you need to do is make sure your fundamentals are OK. Unless you have the video equipment and know what to look for, you will need an instructor for that. You might get some useful info if you post a video but it has to be set up to look from the appropriate angles.

There are lots of good drills out there but you have to decide what your weak shots are and use drills that work on those. No specific drill given here is necessarily right for you. If you cannot determine your own weaknesses, then seek help.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big believer in tailoring your practice to address your own personal weaknesses. You know what they are. They're the things that make you lose matches. Ever watch a pro practice? They're usually working on a shot that gave them trouble in a match.

In addition to that, I think you should take more time to play other players. You're only competing one night a week in league. You can learn a lot by playing against other players.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words Frank! :thumbup: That's true...the Mother Drills teach you how to customize your own stroke process. That said, imo it's the extensive video analysis that starts the student on the path to a better game...and as you know, continued video analysis, over the years, continues to pay dividends years later! If the OP is interested, I will come to him to work with him. He can PM me here, or contact me via my website.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Employ Scott Lee. His lesson will give you the essential drills to be a better player. A much better player.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I think the first thing you need to do is make sure your fundamentals are OK.

Amen to that.
If you want to build a strong game you need a foundation strong enough to support a sky scraper.
It might not be a glamorous thing but all the glamorous part rests on that strong foundation. Look at all the top snooker players and notice the fundamentals employed by all.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big believer in tailoring your practice to address your own personal weaknesses. You know what they are. They're the things that make you lose matches. Ever watch a pro practice? They're usually working on a shot that gave them trouble in a match.

In addition to that, I think you should take more time to play other players. You're only competing one night a week in league. You can learn a lot by playing against other players.

If you are playing league players the caliber of what i play in league you are not going to learn a thing other then how not to win by self destructing.
I beat them at 75 % of my speed.
Certainly not a reason to play harder. although i can.
When I compete against good players i have to try harder,thats how you get better.
Drills are good so is good practice.
But tough competition is still the best teacher.

Play better players and watch what they do.