What is the hardest white joint material

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im haviing a break cue made up and Im trying to decide if I want a white or black joint ring. Is there a material that is noticeably harder than others? Thanks, G

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LBM/ivorine if you prefer white, phenolic of you prefer black.
Phenolic must be the most common joint collar/shaft collar matetial out there and it's very durable and tough.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Micharta comes in white and it’s pretty dam hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Micarta is soft to me.

I got G-10 that's much harder.

I don’t doubt that but both have many variations and are not all equal. I’ve seen Micarta that is hard as all get up and soft as well....some types of g10 are hard as Chinese algebra but it can be brittle as well.....

Should be an update to everyone’s shop habits using g10 it falls under the osha revised standards for work place hazards the dust can and does cause lung damage....anythjng being worked with glass or silica from concrete to drywall

G10 is pretty great material it’s just fugly imop 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Because OP is asking for the hardest possible materials. Tomahawk doensn't come anywhere near the hardness of the likes of Ivorine 4 and G10.
Tomahawk is a great material though, I like it a lot for ferrule applications on play shafts :smile:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moose tine

When I picture 2 bull moose weighing couple tons each charging at each other and slamming their antlers into each other time and time again, I'm going to say, moose antler is damn tough

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I picture 2 bull moose weighing couple tons each charging at each other and slamming their antlers into each other time and time again, I'm going to say, moose antler is damn tough

Imagine ram horn. :grin-square: