Read this guys Dale Perry ebay description.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dale-Perry-Pool-Cue-/321086229958?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac23b0dc6

5th relisting what you see is a BRAND new not a second as commented by a viewer Dale perry 1/1 ...wood stain not covering in some spots wrap is not done right ( has gaps ) chips on clear coat joint miss aligned chips in shaft around joint could go on but see pic (cue is straight)shot with it once only yes it vibrates 12mm and weight 20 I think ..buy a dale perry at your on risk as is no returns and comes with joint protesters :) a 15 dollar value

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yes it is Shooter. I am sure that it is posted with the hope that Dale, his self might read it.

I have 2 and my wife shoots with one. I can tell you that both of mine are nothing less than perfect.

If this is the type of craftsmanship that is coming out of his shop these days, its no wonder that people complain about them.

Really sad because I am most happy with mine and obviously, this isn't close to how they used to be put out there.

I have almost a matching set. Just different wood but the design is so close that one could call them a matching set.

Maybe he has some helpers these days and the quality control group was out to lunch when that one went out the door.

Last edited:

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
Yes it is Shooter. I am sure that it is posted with the hope that Dale, his self might read it.

I have 2 and my wife shoots with one. I can tell you that both of mine are nothing less than perfect.

If this is the type of craftsmanship that is coming out of his shop these days, its no wonder that people complain about them.

Really sad because I am most happy with mine and obviously, this isn't close to how they used to be put out there.

I have almost a matching set. Just different wood but the design is so close that one could call them a matching set.

I am going to buy a Dale Perry off ebay and check it myself. I am a self proclaimed expert in these matters and my word will be the final say so for the entire world.

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dp

He seems to be a very accurate and honest seller. Least you know what you are getting for your money.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
My main player is a DP, I have a secondary DP with the stage IV shaft, and have owned three others. I've haven't paid more than $150 for any of them, or sold any for less than $150. My black bacote is the only one I've never sold. I put a moori med with an aegis ferrule on it and it hits better than cues costing $1000. He's put up some ?'s but for the money you can't beat them. They won't ever compete with some of the show pieces you see in this forum, but I'd buy a DP over a low end production cue for the same price anyday

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm calling BS on the seller. I have few ebay DP's and one of high end DP. I think the wraps are a good aspect of DP cues. The cue for sale has been neglected or tampered with.

Attachments

• bsmeter.gif
    bsmeter.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,046

Big Pete

Registered
I bought one on ebay over a year ago, and even though I prefer my basic Ob cue, which I bought 8 months ago. My buddy loves my DP and beats alot of players who have twice the experience and four times as much $$ in a cue. I sometimes go back to it when I have an off night, and trying to restart. I have no issues with the cue, I bought it because I was curious and also needed to replace a warpped Dufferin house cue. DP cues ebay website shows an unrealistic list price, but overall I'm pleased with what I got. When the tip shows wear I plan on trying a moori med. and will see how it plays.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dale Perry Cue

I am going to buy a Dale Perry off ebay and check it myself. I am a self proclaimed expert in these matters and my word will be the final say so for the entire world.

If you do buy a Dale Perry, make sure you tell him what weight, size of tip or shaft, and how much of a pro taper you want.

I always got 19 ounce with a 12.75mm tip and a 15 inch pro taper like a Meucci. I never got quite a 15 inch pro taper but it was good.

I've never had a bad cue from Dale Perry and I have close to 50 of them.
So I paid between $250-$300 for all of them, but that was the going price at that time.

Oh...all cues are returnable on Ebay. Just use your credit card through paypal. This way you have double protection.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
If you do buy a Dale Perry, make sure you tell him what weight, size of tip or shaft, and how much of a pro taper you want.

I always got 19 ounce with a 12.75mm tip and a 15 inch pro taper like a Meucci. I never got quite a 15 inch pro taper but it was good.

I've never had a bad cue from Dale Perry and I have close to 50 of them.
So I paid between $250-$300 for all of them, but that was the going price at that time.

Oh...all cues are returnable on Ebay. Just use your credit card through paypal. This way you have double protection.

I have to ask, because I just gots to know, but why do you have 50 DP cues? Why would you tie up $15K in cues that are not going to appreciate.... and that is not meant as disrespect to Dale, I'm sure they are decent cues for the buck, but $15K?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to ask, because I just gots to know, but why do you have 50 DP cues? Why would you tie up $15K in cues that are not going to appreciate.... and that is not meant as disrespect to Dale, I'm sure they are decent cues for the buck, but $15K?

I bought them off Ebay probably at least 5 or 6 years ago. I saw a couple people using Dale Perry cues at a couple tournaments and I thought they were nice. They told me they spent around $700 for theirs, so I thought I was getting a good deal and kept buying them. It was an investment similar to investing in commodities. I lost $13,000 quick in that!

Oh heck...that's nothing...around the same time I was buying up all the cues from the Philippines and now I have a closet full of them that I haven't seen in years. They are just there. LOL...I'm afraid to look at them. They all might be warped. I mean...even when they were new they were rarely straight.

Last edited:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dale-Perry-Pool-Cue-/321086229958?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac23b0dc6

5th relisting what you see is a BRAND new not a second as commented by a viewer Dale perry 1/1 ...wood stain not covering in some spots wrap is not done right ( has gaps ) chips on clear coat joint miss aligned chips in shaft around joint could go on but see pic (cue is straight)shot with it once only yes it vibrates 12mm and weight 20 I think ..buy a dale perry at your on risk as is no returns and comes with joint protesters :) a 15 dollar value

That's really sad ! :frown:

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something is not quite right here. . .

Like several others who've already posted, I've purchased multiple eBay Dale Perrys. All arrived in fine shape with one the exception. That cue looked good but had a nasty buzz when used to hit a shot firmly. (This kind of problem will happen occasionally even to the best of cuemakers.)

One phone call to Dale and the problem was resolved. Sent the cue back to him, and had a full refund (including shipping costs) a couple of days later. He could not have been more accommodating.

I find it hard to believe that this guy could not also have gotten a refund if his "new" cue came to him with these flaws. Given the defamatory tone of his listing, I'm somewhat skeptical of his claims.