Winchester Action Billiards (NoVA)

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just today I saw that a new place is about to open in Winchester, Virginia. The sign says open soon, so I wondered, when? Is anyone here connected to them? Will there be a house pro and would he be SPF oriented? Just looking for the low down.

This hall is in an ideal location just yards from Interstate 81, Rt.50 and on Rt. 522. They are also within 1/2 mile of Blue Fox Billiards who last I read had serious IRS / ABC problems.

I'm not looking for a place to play as I have my own table but some local SPF instruction. I try to hook up with Scott or Randy once a year. But an hour now and then would be nice.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Well there's an existing Winchester Action Billiards in VA, and it's not far from Blue Fox,
but it's been around a while. So either you're just getting the memo or they recently moved.

I'm sort of hoping they moved. The existing place is small, plain, and brightly lit.
White floors, white walls, no real decorations.
Feels more like an inexpensive takeout joint than a pool room.

Well, maybe I'm being kind of a dick. They were friendly there and the tables
were in good shape. I just can't get into the atmosphere.
Blue Fox may have its problems but it's got that pool hall vibe...
cute waitresses, bar, dark wood, not to mention diamond tables.

Here's how W.A.B. looked the last time I was there.
If you ever want to head like 50 miles east then there's a ton of great rooms near here.

429179_592295857465778_2062021867_n.jpg

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just today I saw that a new place is about to open in Winchester, Virginia. The sign says open soon, so I wondered, when? Is anyone here connected to them? Will there be a house pro and would he be SPF oriented? Just looking for the low down.

This hall is in an ideal location just yards from Interstate 81, Rt.50 and on Rt. 522. They are also within 1/2 mile of Blue Fox Billiards who last I read had serious IRS / ABC problems.

I'm not looking for a place to play as I have my own table but some local SPF instruction. I try to hook up with Scott or Randy once a year. But an hour now and then would be nice.

Jim...I'll be out your way in a couple of months. Happy Holidays!

Scott Lee
http://pool knowledge.com

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott; I had tried to hook up with Randy last month but his 2 day class and the trip east fell through. Please PM me when you know what you're doing. If you run a multi day class in the area, that would be good. If it's in my basement, it saves your commute. You know I'll feed you well, and have a comfy bed.

Christmas in Florida? Beats that sub-zero huh.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will do Jim. Actually I'm out in CA right now. Nice, but not as warm as home in FL! I'll be in LA through Xmas, and then head on to Alburquerque. I get home mid-January!

Scott Lee
http://poolnowledge.com

Scott; I had tried to hook up with Randy last month but his 2 day class and the trip east fell through. Please PM me when you know what you're doing. If you run a multi day class in the area, that would be good. If it's in my basement, it saves your commute. You know I'll feed you well, and have a comfy bed.

Christmas in Florida? Beats that sub-zero huh.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action Billiards lost their lease and had to move a few blocks away. They are trying to build out the new place so John Burns can set up the tables again. Will be a nice room when their done.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action Billiards lost their lease and had to move a few blocks away. They are trying to build out the new place so John Burns can set up the tables again. Will be a nice room when their done.

He'll yeah, that is great news.

Burns is worth every penny.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smooth, Do you read the Winchester Star? Local newspaper, local news. Might be wrong, might be settled. Meant no offence.

Smooth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old news... more complex than what was "reported". Blue Fox is fine and growing.

All the luck to Action btw.... nice guys over there. The more pool halls the better imo

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
New joint looks nice, I'll be sure to check it out when finished.

Smooth, you run Blue Fox? Also a very nice place, it's a bit of a haul for me or I'd be in there more.