TAR: Interview with David "Viffer" Peat AKA Dippy Dave

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dippy makes some great points when he is talking about "customer service" also cracked me up hearing "they are using the same lines and hustles from 15 years ago" hahaha!

He mentions how he has played cheap sets for fun, which is pretty cool, but he also mentioned the 'fine line' where he wants to have fun but still have an element of risk, meanwhile his level of 'fun/risk' is way different than his opponent's, leading to them being tight or not-fun to play because they are betting so high (for them)...there doesn't seem to be an answer to this. Maybe odds on the money? But then dippy is probably too smart to chance that. :D

Altissimo15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a good interview, I've never met him but from this interview he seems like a straight forward guy which is cool. He made some good points about playing and betting in the pool room.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Good interview. I agree with the "customer service" and "having fun". Thanks for sharing.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Another cool interview. This TAR Studio project is looking pretty damned good so far....

Thanks Justin, thanks Dave.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice interview and a nice touch using black & white. Old school baby! Thanks.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Dave is a lot "deeper" than many give him credit for, certainly nobody's fool. Much more to like than dislike. :thumbup:

J

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good interview Justin.
I like a lot of what he had to say.
He deserved the Louis Roberts award.

At the old Rack, I recall one road player showing up broke and depressed.
A man who liked to stake him gave him $2,000, told him to check in, get
a good rest, buy some new clothes and come back when he felt like playing.
The Viffer reminds me of some of the gamblers at the Rack.
He enjoys his money.

David broke a man a while back and the guy owed the last set and went
looking for money.When it became apparent that he wasn't coming back,
David said to one of his friends "Make sure he gets his cues back, a man
needs his tools."
And I like his gesture to Kid Delicious...lotta class.

regards
pt..<...who thinks JAM might have a small edge on the Dipster at scrabble

bboxgrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both good interviews with Dippy & Chris. I have always liked Chris's game, he is well spoken. This studio is a brilliant idea Justin. I am looking forward to seeing some good pool in the future. Best of luck with it.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already liked the guy. After that interview, I like him even more. Thanks for posting the interview.:smile:

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Way to go Justin.good move having the studio. You put a human face on Dippy.
Seems like a down to earth guy. Great interview.:thumbup2:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep

Thanks for the insightful interview....I agree with those who say the Viffer is an asset to the gambling side of the pool game; he makes sensible points about customer service and comes across as a regular guy who likes to gamble; as long as he can see that it's a fair proposition.....As a gambler, I don't ask for any more than that......but we all know people like to have the edge...

I will be looking forward to the matchup between Viffer and CB...

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
This is the start of good things to come out of the TAR "Studio". I think we all want to see lots of this kind of action; therefore, lets all participate and help establish a precedence by posting this challenge on FB (and wherever else we post) and follow-up with a notification once the PPV info is up on TAR.

See you all there :thumbup:

<I might not be able to attend "all" the shows as I just "may" have to go into the hospital so don't rag on me if I'm not there for every one. Don't ask, it ain't good!>

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I hope everyone left a "like" at YouTube and "subscribed". The more numbers the better. Hopefully new folks will start coming on board to keep the "Studio" doors open! A mention of AZ would hurt either :rolleyes:.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David Peat.......

That was great , I found it very refreshing,,!!

I think he could easily break into the T.V. talk show circuit,,he has a great personality, is very likeable and he comes off as a great ''charecter''....

I hope to see more of him in the future,,!!

,,,,,Alan.......