Mad Max Eberle graces the cover of the LA Times

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good read. . . it's nice to see some mainstream press coverage for the sport. Congratulations, Max.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Boycotting a US Open cause it was sponsored by a tobacco manufacturer? Atleast they had outside sponsors then...:rolleyes:

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
Good for Max, hes a good guy and a great teacher. Improved my game by miles after just one lesson, cant thank him enough.
Also sold me his 3 dvd set at a big discount, picked up quite a few pointers on that also.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Good on Max for the attention, but the article itself leaves an air of hopelessness for the sport. It comes off as a gloat from a poker player.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow thats great!!!!! Way to go Max.

Max, you got the $20 I loaned you:eek::grin::p just kidding...

seriously thats great to see and something positive for pool, Max does great commentary as well,

best
eric:)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Deserved attention for a super player and a super guy. Way to go, Max.

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
Max is as class act

Thanks for sharing OP!

Max is A class act. (oops!)

Last edited:

maxeberle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot guys!

I don't think it was hopeless, John Glionna talks about the stuff I'm trying to do, and we all know there are many others trying hard too.

As for cigarette sponsor, that was a joke. Kids 20 and under were not allowed in the arena. Camel only hurt pool, think about it.

Yeah poker players may have money but damn that's a lot of sitting to do for that money... I'm happy to stick with pool! Poker is cool I guess... how much fun would Ronnie O Sullivan be to watch if he was just sitting at a poker table?

Thanks again my friends.

Max