9ft Diamond light t-12 or t-8 bulbs

gc3

Registered
I have one arriving tomorrow and I would like to have bulbs here ready for it. I have tried calling Diamond already and no help so far. So anyone that has the 9ft light know if I need t-12 or t-8 bulbs and how many?

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original light has 4 8ft single post lights. t12's.

I think the newer, smaller light has two bulbs of the same length.

wvmoto186

Registered
If you go to Diamonds website they tell you what bulbs they suggest. To save you the trouble I looked it up for you.It says 59 watt , single pin F096/741/ECO

gc3

Registered
I looked up that number and I get both t-12 and t-8 suggestions back. I did go to diamond first. Thanks for looking it up though.

BobY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I can tell if they are 8 footers they are F96T8 HO. If they are 4 footers they are standard bipin T8. I am hoping for your sake they are the 4 footers as they are less costly and energy efficient.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently it can vary greatly. My Professional light has 6 8 foot t8 bulbs,,,,,,,, and it wasn't bright enough with the diffusors in so I converted it to LED bulbs with solid diffusors and it's amazing now.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
why would you use a bulb that is almost impossible to find and slowly loses its brightness with usage. you could easily just use led and make replacement easy.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how do you do that?

Buy t8 style 8 foot led bulbs online. Remove the ballasts from the fixture in the light by clipping the 2 wires on each end, then just splice the wires back together to make a circuit. Wala,,,,, shitload of light.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right from the Diamond web site under lighting.... 9' - 59 watt - single pin - F096/741/ECO

I bought mine from the local ACE Hardware. Not sure why some guys are saying they are impossible to find. ACE had plenty of them.

FYI, not looking forward to the day one of them burns out. The diffuser is a pain to get in/out. It's a very snug fit.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
Right from the Diamond web site under lighting.... 9' - 59 watt - single pin - F096/741/ECO

I bought mine from the local ACE Hardware. Not sure why some guys are saying they are impossible to find. ACE had plenty of them.

FYI, not looking forward to the day one of them burns out. The diffuser is a pain to get in/out. It's a very snug fit.

They can be trimmed to make it easier to get in and out.