Just sent an email to ESPN...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D:

So I was checking browsing the ESPN site and the have a section for "more" sports beside the tabs for NFL, NCAA, NHL, NBA, etc. Under the more sports tab there were endeavors such as Esports (translated: video games), cricket, WWE, x sports, special olympics, jayski ??, recruiting, and something called analytics?!?! Well, I get that pool is not mainstream, but are there really more people in this country who are interested in/participate in cricket than pool? And WWE isn't even a competitive sport..

Anyway, there is a "contact us" button at them bottom of the page, so I sent an email extolling the virtues of billiards. Received a form letter reply that my email has been seen by those it is relevant to...I did thank them for lowering themselves to stream the Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3....

So ya'll can thank me when Derby City shows up on prime :thumbup:time this year!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

So I was checking browsing the ESPN site and the have a section for "more" sports beside the tabs for NFL, NCAA, NHL, NBA, etc. Under the more sports tab there were endeavors such as Esports (translated: video games), cricket, WWE, x sports, special olympics, jayski ??, recruiting, and something called analytics?!?! Well, I get that pool is not mainstream, but are there really more people in this country who are interested in/participate in cricket than pool? And WWE isn't even a competitive sport..

Anyway, there is a "contact us" button at them bottom of the page, so I sent an email extolling the virtues of billiards. Received a form letter reply that my email has been seen by those it is relevant to...I did thank them for lowering themselves to stream the Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3....

So ya'll can thank me when Derby City shows up on prime :thumbup:time this year!

Good luck with it. I did that years ago and got nothing in return. In fact, it was just about then that the women went off the air.:eek:

Jeff Livingston

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In their eyes and in the eyes of the general public there ARE no "virtues of billiards".
You wasted your time.
But if you enjoy doing it, have at it..........
:thumbup:

Lee Vilenski

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
From the UK - The BBC promote Snooker as "other sports", despite being one of it's more popular shows, and doesn't list pool/billiards at all.

Plenty of room for Equestrian and Canoeing, though....

EDIT - In their defense, they do cover some pool, but it's super hidden.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the UK - The BBC promote Snooker as "other sports", despite being one of it's more popular shows, and doesn't list pool/billiards at all.

Plenty of room for Equestrian and Canoeing, though....

EDIT - In their defense, they do cover some pool, but it's super hidden.

That’s new, for the first time this year, they covered one stop on the IPA (English 8-Ball) tour. Personally I think they missed a trick though, they should have had the well known snooker commentary team and presenters running the show, people would have been more likely to watch if they r cognised a few ex-snooker pros (I think).

Lee Vilenski

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
That’s new, for the first time this year, they covered one stop on the IPA (English 8-Ball) tour. Personally I think they missed a trick though, they should have had the well known snooker commentary team and presenters running the show, people would have been more likely to watch if they r cognised a few ex-snooker pros (I think).

Surely Steve Davis would have been perfect for this...

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Very good on ya:thumbup:
So many people point out that pool isn't on mainstream, and few go right to the source to see if anything can be done about it.

You emailed them directly.... hell.... if enough of us do, maybe it'll spark something.

So I just sent them a message as well. :smile: