New Mezz CF Breaker, Possible Crazy Price

Scrunge19

Registered
I know Mezz premium is a thing but I’d be curious to know the justifications on how this break cue is $200+ better than a bk rush. Particularly when only about $70 of that premium is attributable to the shaft.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know Mezz premium is a thing but I’d be curious to know the justifications on how this break cue is $200+ better than a bk rush. Particularly when only about $70 of that premium is attributable to the shaft.

For me, I like the United joint much better than unilock. And I feel like the quality is above predator. Those two things justify the $200 difference for me, but ymmv.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
The quick release joint is the main reason I got away from Predator. Mezz has a far superior joint and overall product.

Yeah, I'm a Mezz Head!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine shipped today! 👍
I don’t particularly like the looks of it - all black with the name splashed in huge letters on the forearm. I just don’t think that is necessary. For that kind of $, you’d just think you’d get a nicer looking cue than that.

Scrunge19

Registered
This is the exact reason I never ended up buying a Mezz break cue or why I’m not a fan of predator products. I don’t want a big, obnoxious logo plastered all over my cue. If I’m going to be a living billboard for your company, you better be paying me.

That said, I’m also a Mezz guy and I do like the power break g. I’m not sure if it’s $700 better than one of those purex j/b cues or even $200 better than the bk rush, but I do like it. Maybe one day I’ll pick one up and get it refinished/painted so that it’s all black. But till then I’m fine with the non Mezz break cue I have now.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been messing with mine for a few days now. It’s extremely solid! I was using a power break 2 with pro H shaft. That combo was around 800 all together so I don’t feel like the price was a huge jump up considering what you get. Is it worth $900? Probably not. I think the gain over the BK rush or another quality break cue will be minimal. With that said, I do think mezz makes a higher quality cue than predator and I’m a bigger fan of the United joint compared to the unilock.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been messing with mine for a few days now. It’s extremely solid! I was using a power break 2 with pro H shaft. That combo was around 800 all together so I don’t feel like the price was a huge jump up considering what you get. Is it worth $900? Probably not. I think the gain over the BK rush or another quality break cue will be minimal. With that said, I do think mezz makes a higher quality cue than predator and I’m a bigger fan of the United joint compared to the unilock.
I got mine coming this next week and anxious to try it out. Unfortunately, I already know I don’t like the sonic tip which was on my current Power Kai Mezz break cue, so the first thing I’ll have to do is change it to a Samsara break tip. Why they use that rock hard sonic tip which might as well be a phenolic tip I find very strange, compared to the far superior Samsara break tip, in my opinion. Anyway, once I’ve had a chance to try it out, I’ll post my feedback.