Which State has the best 9-Ball Team?

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to nominate the proud state of Florida, of which I am a resident (tho still a Texan at heart), as having the best 4-man 9-ball team, as follows:
1. Charlie Williams
2. Gabe Owen
3. Rodney Morris
4. John Schmidt

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
jnav447 said:
I would like to nominate the proud state of Florida, of which I am a resident (tho still a Texan at heart), as having the best 4-man 9-ball team, as follows:
1. Charlie Williams
2. Gabe Owen
3. Rodney Morris
4. John Schmidt

I believe Thorsten Hohmann, Earl Strickland, Tony Crosby and Robb Saez now live in Florida, too.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y'all who live in actual "States" sure do get the advantage! I can tell you who the BEST one-man team is in D.C., where there is taxation without representation. :D

Florida definitely has its share of tough players. However, you gotta throw in Ohio, especially with Jason Miller's GREAT showing at the recent DCC in Louisville. [Is he from Ohio? :p]

So, in Ohio, there is Jason Miller, Corey Deuel, Shawn Putnam, Dee Adkins, Chris Bartrum -- any others in Ohio?

JAM

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few others

JAM said:
Y'all who live in actual "States" sure do get the advantage! I can tell you who the BEST one-man team is in D.C., where there is taxation without representation. :D

Florida definitely has its share of tough players. However, you gotta throw in Ohio, especially with Jason Miller's GREAT showing at the recent DCC in Louisville. [Is he from Ohio? :p]

So, in Ohio, there is Jason Miller, Corey Deuel, Shawn Putnam, Dee Adkins, Chris Bartrum -- any others in Ohio?

JAM

Chris szuter plays pretty sporty and so does Troy Frank and Steve Mcannich and I know there are a couple more who play pretty well. Sam

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
satman said:
Chris szuter plays pretty sporty and so does Troy Frank and Steve Mcannich and I know there are a couple more who play pretty well. Sam

Yes, all three of those players at topnotch. I was going to mention Troy Frank's name, but the last time I saw him, which was in Orlando, I had thought he moved to Florida and was living there now.

Howard Vickery used to hail from Ohio, though I think he lives in Florida.

Buddy Hall used to live in Florida, but moved back to his homestate of Illinois.

Ronnie Wiseman lived in Florida a short time, but then came back to Detroit.

I think Nick Varner was living in Florida, but I don't know if he still does today, and, of course, it would be a glaring omission to leave out Mike Sigel's name because he's a Floridian now for sure.

With the Florida 10-Ball Pro Tour, it seemed to draw a lot of GREAT players to that region. It offered the highest ADDED monies on the regional tour circuit.

JAM

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texas...

1. Jeremy Jones
2. Charlie Bryant
3. J. L. Chen
4. ? Bastrop James, David G, Sylver Ochoa, (ironman help me out here)

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TX Poolnut said:
1. Jeremy Jones
2. Charlie Bryant
3. J. L. Chen

That is a pretty accurate list. Lets not forget about Javier Franco as well as a BUNCH of other unknown SPANIARDS!:p

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
RED NAXELA said:
california

The home state of Parica, Reyes, Bustamante, Manalo. :)

Not sure what state they're from, but when I watch them, I'm in the state of awe and disbelief!

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
I though Nick Varner was from N,Carolina ?

Jessie Nix is a good 9 ball player, he is from brevard N,C.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
RED NAXELA said:
california

Hmmm! I think that's cheating! lol

just more hot air!

Sherm

Oh, and Yes JAM, JASON Miller is from Dayton Ohio!

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
RED NAXELA said:
california

Kim Davenport, Ernesto Dominguez, Morro Paez, Dave Hemmah and Tang Hoa also all live in California. If it's true that Reyes, Bustamante and Manalo are all living there now (I hadn't heard that though), then I'd have to say California is the state to beat. If not, well, it's still a pretty tough state ... maybe not #1, but pretty tough either way.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TX Poolnut said:
1. Jeremy Jones
2. Charlie Bryant
3. J. L. Chen

you are doing just fine!

RED NAXELA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
Kim Davenport, Ernesto Dominguez, Morro Paez, Dave Hemmah and Tang Hoa also all live in California. If it's true that Reyes, Bustamante and Manalo are all living there now (I hadn't heard that though), then I'd have to say California is the state to beat. If not, well, it's still a pretty tough state ... maybe not #1, but pretty tough either way.

Parica has lived in California for many years now. Efren, Django & Marlon love to hang out in So. Cal when they have tournaments at or near the West Coast.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Some would argue the Uk is a state of the US given Blair and Bush's relationship. So my top 5 would include...

Steve Knight
Raj Hundal
Imran Majid
Steve Davis
Tony Crosby

Daryl Peach + Ronnie O'sullivan as reserves!

:D