Sarcasm, Anyone?

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After careful deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that my posts should have more heft, more gravitas, so:

Last week's 8-ball tournement at the Bankit Inn, lot at stake, first prize a Bankit Inn t-shirt, free entry next week, and an autographed copy of Kevin T's new book "Natural Cure for Your Ailing Stroke", playing a 4, who ought to be at least a 6!!!, and I only need to make 1 stripe and the 8 to reach the finals, but I'm faced with a problem, if I make the stripe in the side and stop, I'm left with a 2 (or 3!) foot straight in on the 8, who wants that?, but if I fire the stripe in warp speed and come around 3 rails, I have to come through the wet spot (spilled beer!), so I suck it up and go for the gold - the 3 rail shape play, get stuck in the beer and hooked from the 8!!! I kick at the 8 and scratch in the side. If I could tie a knot I would just hang myself. Any advice?
Sure. Make certain the rope is strong enough to hold your weight, take the bitter end and......

I've developed what I modestly consider THE foolproof aiming system. First, position yourself so you are standing at your aim position for NO english; now, if you need inside english, find your perfect aim point by walking around the table (16 steps) 3 times but (here's the genius) taking 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch off your normal step. If you need outside english, take the 3 trips using 1/8 to 1/4 inch LONGER strides; could it be any easier? I know what you're thinking: what if I got a 6-pack in me and walking funny, system won't work then. Wrong, Bud-breath. As an alternate method, simply tie 14-gauge fishing line to your joint screw (10-gauge if you have a 3/8-10 joint screw) and.......

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on J. hold it together man......i know there's not a lot of substance on here today.....don't freak, it will get better.....committing posticide won't help anything:D

Oh yea.....Can you tell me where I can get a nice custom 7 piece cue with the cool jungle carvings?....and what kind of screw on tip should I use to match the black ferl?......and why does the cash register guy yell at me when I hit the table when I try the Tom Cruise cue twirl?...what a jerk!....my girlfriend loves that, and beer shoots out her nose all over the cheap simonis cloth when she laughs ....they can't even get that good furry cloth at that place.....sheeeesh......

hey, you guys play 1 stick butt width off the rails here right?.....

Gerry

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
jnav447 said:
After careful deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that my posts should have more heft, more gravitas, so:

Last week's 8-ball tournement at the Bankit Inn, lot at stake, first prize a Bankit Inn t-shirt, free entry next week, and an autographed copy of Kevin T's new book "Natural Cure for Your Ailing Stroke", playing a 4, who ought to be at least a 6!!!, and I only need to make 1 stripe and the 8 to reach the finals, but I'm faced with a problem, if I make the stripe in the side and stop, I'm left with a 2 (or 3!) foot straight in on the 8, who wants that?, but if I fire the stripe in warp speed and come around 3 rails, I have to come through the wet spot (spilled beer!), so I suck it up and go for the gold - the 3 rail shape play, get stuck in the beer and hooked from the 8!!! I kick at the 8 and scratch in the side. If I could tie a knot I would just hang myself. Any advice?
Sure. Make certain the rope is strong enough to hold your weight, take the bitter end and......

I've developed what I modestly consider THE foolproof aiming system. First, position yourself so you are standing at your aim position for NO english; now, if you need inside english, find your perfect aim point by walking around the table (16 steps) 3 times but (here's the genius) taking 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch off your normal step. If you need outside english, take the 3 trips using 1/8 to 1/4 inch LONGER strides; could it be any easier? I know what you're thinking: what if I got a 6-pack in me and walking funny, system won't work then. Wrong, Bud-breath. As an alternate method, simply tie 14-gauge fishing line to your joint screw (10-gauge if you have a 3/8-10 joint screw) and.......
That was hilarious!:D

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
jnav447 said:

I thought you were supposed to use bold italics to indicate sarcastic text.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jnav447 said:

Hmm....sounds like more of a 'feel' system to me. I'm sure your aiming system just gets you in the general area and then your 'little' muscles take over and help you make the shot.

Cheers,
RC

:)