What would you do for "Pool" if you hit the lottery?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
One of us is bound to hit the lottery one of these days. If you did, "What would you do for "Pool?"

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start a small chain of local, after school programs that combine child care for elementary school through high schoolers. Low cost child care combined with behavior and training goals to remain in the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d invest it in the market with stocks that pay good dividends. Then every year I’d withdraw a small amount to host a nice tournament. I’d structure the amount withdrawn so that It would be an annuity investment that would live on indefinitely.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Invest in the streaming community.
Would also try to start school pool teams.
I'm not sure if bringing back a pro tour would be doable, but I would try.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Buy my honorary nephew a house and a car, then fund him for entering every major open for a couple of years. I figure after two years of getting his brains kicked in, he'll either be good enough to hang with the top players or he will have wised up.

But I have heard that you need to buy a ticket if you want to win. ;)

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first year I would definitely treat my entire league to a trip to the Vegas BCAPL Nationals. I'd estimate the bill would be $300K.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Buy 12 or so carom tables
Some 8s some 9s some 10s
Heated and not

Build an awesome room on a nice lot
Pay the top euro players to come over and teach us how to play all the games

Straight rail balkline 1 cushion amd 3c

Grow leagues
Do what it took to have major tournaments and dare i even say world cups with the best players a few times a yr

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool hit the lottery with Kevin Trudeau-What did it do for pool at any point? I guess if proved that even with big $$ payouts and phonied up interest in the sport like putting models and rich looking people in the audience-nothing can be done for pool.

Sustainability is required and no lottery or KT like figure will accomplish that. Just relax and enjoy pool with the rest of us cultists. Our day may come but it isn't anytime soon.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Buy a few PPV streams - probably DCC and US Open, maybe a few others. Might set me back a few 100 dollars.
Jason

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
When the power ball prize gets to be about 600 or 800 million I'd finance a a 3 year run
of an open entry pro tournament, a pool week (if you will) an 8 ball, 9 ball and 10 ball tournament.
The pay out would be a total of somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million ish. We'd figure out the breakdown later.
I'd put the money in the a verifiable bank account so anyone considering entering would
be able to see the cash is already there. For that week, we'd run some pro events, some
amateur events, some pro-am events, maybe a pro-celeb event for charity, see if I could get some of the local
pro athletes to participate.
Some major players would receive an invite and a guaranteed appearance fee in exchange for exhibitions or
master classes, challenge matches, etc...
Maybe run it side by side with a Pro Darts event and a Pit Masters BBQ event and
invite a bunch of local brewers for a beer event of some kind.
There would be a green room with some spectator seating accessible by pass or ticket.
I think the first year 128 spots for the 8 and 9 ball, 64 for the 10 ball, and we'd see if we
needed more or less for the following years and this wouldn't be limited to the men.
If I were to win powerball I think it might be fun to do that

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It would have to be one of the really big lotteries....
...my idea would be to start a tour....along the IPT-PGA model.

Another “one-off”tournament has no lasting value to the game.