Share Your Favorite Pool Hall Quips!

LoGiC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, thanks to my last thread that has gone down a freakin' cliff at this point in time, crashed and burned probably after the first page of replies, I got to thinking about times I've had in the pool halls I've been in. No- I'm not asking about your equipment. Have you ever been shooting with someone or a group and all of a sudden someone says something about a shot you just took? Some of them are the weirdest comments, and some are plain just hysterical, perhaps on the timing, or just the originality. What were some of your favorites, or just share a few that stuck in your head:

"Dude that shot was so sick- It musta gone to shot hospital!"

"They call me All day- thats right; all day"

"Holy shit! that pockets just suckin' my balls down like a vacuum!"

Those were just a few that I still clearly remember the nights the happened on. You old timers;) got any decent ones?:p

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
here is a couple i like to use

" nobody knows that shot but ME! " normally said when the ball rattles in the pocket and goes into another or when going for the hail mary shot.

" I break n run like its my job! "

" I PARKED my rock so good I got a Ticket "

LOU'S CUE'S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
typical barroom pool.......

after hookin MYSELF real bad.......

"if i always knew where the cue would be, i woulnd't be here....i'd be on tv."

after "accidently" hookin some one real bad........

"if i was good enough to do that on purpose, i sure wouldn't be Here playin YOU fer a beer."

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I can't think of anything right now, but Danny Diliberto has some that are funny. Here are two that I remember.

After a player breaks and comes up dry, a commentator asks if he made anything. Danny replies "He made noise".

After a break where the player pockets 4 or 5 balls, "The table was leaking on that break"

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Halfway through the second 4 pack in a race to 11 a my opponent says to me "I'll make a professional racker outta you yet."

After the break in 8-ball, before choosing high or low ball, some guy says "What do you want to be when you lose?"

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
(after a buddy tried to slow roll a shot and missed, however the table rolled so crappy that the object ball swerved back in and he actually made it)"Whoa, get this man some coffee for that sweet roll"

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
When someone follows the cb in on a straight shot, "You have the delicate touch and innate sensitivity of a blacksmith's apprentice." Or, "don't worry about it, next week we'll go bowling and all that finese will come in handy."

S

Scottster

"Wow! You were really pokin' at the road kill on that shot." (lack of stroke).

"The only stroke you could ever fall in is the kind that causes paralysis."

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've collected many of these quips over the years. Here are just a couple:

After your opponent shoots and jumps back and misses his shot, ask, "Was that your stroke or a muscle spasm?"

After placing a wager on a game and your opponent says,"Wow, how did you do that shot?" Reply, "Listen kid, the game is for 10 bucks. Lessons are extra."

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
"After making that shot, the only thing I'll ever play you for is a glass of two H's and the big O."

After winning on a lucky shot and my opponent complaining to everyone. I said, "How about we play a race to 9 and I spot you two whines on the wire?"

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
An older one

When I was younger and broke with a lot more power than I
do now, I used to make a lot of balls on the break on occasion.
One day an older fellow said, "Jeez, ya missed a few".

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
playing in league i come to the table after my opponent plays a great safe. i take one look and think "i'm f****d". so i call time out and ask the my team captain for advice. he looks at the table for a minute, looks at me and says "you're f****d" and goes outside for a smoke. i guess i was right :rolleyes:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I park whitey on the end rail, again and again, "if it ain't froze, freeze it with your hand".

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
While your recent beat is racking and mumbling about how it was "his" game.... Put one hand behind and ear and lean in and exclaiming "I can't hear you whining over the noise of all that ball racking you're having to do down there...either stop racking and whine,or rack and whine later."
Done correctly it will bring a laugh out of a freind or really piss off the racker.sometimes both lol.

After slopping a ball in that you clearly intended for another hole yell "Yes!!" ...
when you get the inevitable look of disbelief point to your eyes and say either "Thats right *pick the bad word*, I got vision!"
Or with an equal look of disbelief "It was the only way to get shape!Geeze..try to keep up!!"

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not really a quip,but anyway, i was in a poolroom once when a guy who plays about the 8 under my buddy came up and asked him to play some EVEN. my buddy said "maybe in a little while". Charlie Brinson walked up and said "what are you waiting for" and my friend told him he didn't have any money. Charlie said" hell go ahead, i'll take HALF of that air barrel." lol