Women's RTC in Florida - brackets and writeups

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
First round is at 11am. Ten matches a round - starting with 5 matches from the top and 5 from the bottom.

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
What does "first place is all WPBA entries paid for 2008" Johnnyt

first place gets $600+5 paid entries into WPBA events for the year. brackets are updated from initial round.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9balllvr said:
first place gets $600+5 paid entries into WPBA events for the year. brackets are updated from initial round.

And congratulations on your first round win! Oops! Are you under cover?

The brackets look interesting for our Tiger Tour players. It looks like it was a completely random draw... 5 of our 6 players are in the same bracket of 16! It looks like tough action though so we'll see what happens.

Good luck to the Tiger (east coast tiger) ladies!

Andy

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:
And congratulations on your first round win! Oops! Are you under cover?

The brackets look interesting for our Tiger Tour players. It looks like it was a completely random draw... 5 of our 6 players are in the same bracket of 16! It looks like tough action though so we'll see what happens.

Good luck to the Tiger (east coast tiger) ladies!

Andy

thanks Andy - the draw was done to avoid having the tours play each other in the same round (of course the last minute entrants may not have been so lucky), but come the second round, anything is up for grabs!

Judie Wilson is hangin tough right now with Kyu Yi (from Texas) - score 4-3 Wilson.

I'll send luck to the girls from ya!

9balllvr (the under cover one :D )

*P.S. My-Hahn Lac says hi to everyone!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Probably the lady thats updating the brackets is playing her match. Johnnyt

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Probably the lady thats updating the brackets is playing her match. Johnnyt

Johnny - the brackets have been updated non-stop all day with the exception of the last few matches that have finished up because (as you mentioned) i was playing my match. they should be all caught up in a few minutes (as soon as my laptop battery recharges and i can get over to the chart).

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
9balllvr said:
Johnny - the brackets have been updated non-stop all day with the exception of the last few matches that have finished up because (as you mentioned) i was playing my match. they should be all caught up in a few minutes (as soon as my laptop battery recharges and i can get over to the chart).

I was just putting my thoughts out there. After I re read it it looks like I was complaining...I was not. The brackets have been better than any tourament lately....thank you. Johnnyt

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
I was just putting my thoughts out there. After I re read it it looks like I was complaining...I was not. The brackets have been better than any tourament lately....thank you. Johnnyt

nah, didn't think you were complaining, but wasn't sure what you meant by your comment either. so, thanks for explaining. the event is playing down to 16 tonight. when i left there were still about three matches going, but otherwise, they are all caught up now.

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if anyone is interested, i am here to watch the remainder of the matches. right now, Testa is up on Lovely 6-4; Panju is up on Lac 5-3; Mello and Williams are locked at 4-4; N. Williams and Miller are at 4-3 Miller; Steinman is up on Jones 5-4; Johnson is up on Squire 4-3; Lindauer is down to Van Buren 5-2; and Mitchell is up on Hess 6-4.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Thanks for the updates. I'm just sad that the Texas gals didn't have a better outing this time around.

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolplaya9 said:
Thanks for the updates. I'm just sad that the Texas gals didn't have a better outing this time around.

the play yesterday was odd - it seemed everyone was struggling (not just Texas) - it has been a true grind fest this weekend.

Lac and Lovely have now been eliminated.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
It's down to the finals. One race to 9. Susan Mello versus Ellen Van Buren. Susan is up 4-2.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
It was 3-3, but conceding the 9 costs you a game in this tournament. So, score is now 4-2 Susan instead of 4-3.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Susan got on 7 with a break and run. Then won the next and is now up 8-4. As a reminder, first place winner gets $600 plus 5 PAID entries into WPBA events for the year.