Old
  (#16)
ssminn
AzB Bronze Member
ssminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond reputessminn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-22-2020, 04:03 PM

I found springs at the hardware store that would fit inside the tubes, a little smaller than the tube diameter, the same hardware store also had small small corks the would fit inside the spring to contact the shaft or butt. Cut the springs to length, put the shaft down the tube, measure the spring length needed above the shaft, it should be correct when dropped down the tube, allow for the cork size. When cut to the correct length the shaft will compress the spring when the case is closed and pop up a bit when you open the case.

I lead a well rounded life, 8 ball, 9 ball and a little bit of one pocket.

Old
  (#17)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member

GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Man, hated to read that as I have a Rugged on order. Anyone else with the problem?

I know there are solutions but with their experience and reputation there should be no solutions needed.

Have you contacted them? My experience with Asia on the phone was excellent.

Old
  (#18)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-22-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post
My old Whitten case had rubber plugs that slipped into the tube to take up space.
That system work as advertised, wonderful.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#19)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member

GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 04:52 PM

I didn't order from them to go through any of these solutions. Has anyone received a Rugged that came without this problem? At this point I am calling them tomorrow and questioning them & if not satisfied I am cancelling and calling my credit card company.

It is not a lot of money but I got it having & running a company that didn't allow BS like this to happen to any of my customers!

Old
  (#20)
gerard soriano
HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
gerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond reputegerard soriano has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-22-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rosato View Post
I have a new JB Ultimate Rugged 2/3 that seems too deep. My cues/shafts are the standard 29" but they sit really deep even with JP's.
Is there any spacers that can be used, maybe cut dowels of correct diameter or is there something better?
It's too tight to think of using any kind of sleeve.
I have another JB 2/3 that is 1" shorter than the new one, (outside length).
On the older case the interior comes out and I put a couple office clips on the bottom to let the cues/shafts sit higher. The interior doesn't seem to come out of the new case.
Any suggestions?
I have been using wood dowels for years with Zero issues !
I even put my mid cue extension in with a long dowel
,As long as diameter is close dowel will fall straight in if you dont like it turn case over and it falls out

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility lies in being superior to your former self !

ANY CUE YOU EVER PURCHASE WILL BE MUCH MORE ACCURATE THAN YOU ARE !.

Old
  (#21)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 05:22 PM

What cases you guys got that you have to do all this tweaking?

I bought this puppy a few years ago, got rid of some nicer cases, couldn't be happier, been waiting for them to be back in stock, just ordered a couple more.
50 bucks, free shipping, no need to add marbles or wood dowels(at least on the one I previously got).

https://www.newegg.com/p/01M-052Z-00063

Old
  (#22)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 06:24 PM

jb cases suck. All this cushioning and dwpth for what? You plan on tumbling down a mountain? You need a pair of pliers to pull your shit out. Its annoying

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#23)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinacria View Post
jb cases suck. All this cushioning and dwpth for what? You plan on tumbling down a mountain? You need a pair of pliers to pull your shit out. Its annoying
You are 1000000000% right!!!!!

Who the fook needs to protect their goddamn cues. Stupid motherfuggers enjoying their cues not being all dinged up and shit.

Use a rubber band like a real man you fookin poossies.

Player: Joss w/314-3
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#24)
Fore Rail
AzB Silver Member
Fore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 06:36 PM

https://jbcases.com/accessories-repa...s/spacers.html

Old
  (#25)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-22-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triley41395 View Post
Not the fastest solution but probably the safest.

Attachment 544347

Attachment 544348
Now I wonder do you build, or purchase?

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#26)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
You are 1000000000% right!!!!!

Who the fook needs to protect their goddamn cues. Stupid motherfuggers enjoying their cues not being all dinged up and shit.

Use a rubber band like a real man you fookin poossies.

Cues dont het dinged up in cases shitforbrains. Prove me how a cue is capable of getting dinged up in a cushioned cylinder that runs the length of the cue? Im waiting. Moron. And then find me somone that would cause so much bouncing around in said case to cause an issue. Long distance runners? Military personeel on a mission? Yo7 got sold by a salesman.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#27)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 07:09 PM

***UPDATE***
Problem solved. Easy fix.
I knew the interior was supposed to come out so after starting this thread I fiddled around and got the interior out. There's a small piece of Velcro that was holding it in at the very bottom plus it's a good, solid tight fit at the top too.
When I had it out I neatly folded the bottom over then held it with a large, 2"wide office clip, taking the wire like "handles" off the clip leaving only the black part attached.
This made it perfect with or without JP's.
I took the innards out and back in 2 or 3 times no problem, all is tight.
These cases are great, I just had to do a very little bit of tweaking.
Thanks for all the replies.

Old
  (#28)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

03-22-2020, 07:16 PM

How about we ease up on the "moron" talk?

Mike

Quote:
Cues dont het dinged up in cases shitforbrains. Prove me how a cue is capable of getting dinged up in a cushioned cylinder that runs the length of the cue? Im waiting. Moron. And then find me somone that would cause so much bouncing around in said case to cause an issue. Long distance runners? Military personeel on a mission? Yo7 got sold by a salesman.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#29)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, thats the purpose of the case. You missed the irony apparently.

Shitforbrains and moron fit someone in this interaction, but pretty fookin sure it isnt me genius.

Old
  (#30)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member

03-22-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
How about we ease up on the "moron" talk?

Mike
In a battle of wits, he is throwing rocks at a man with a machine gun.

Im not concerned.

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: