Tanks - Mini-Pocket Lathe System (Straightness Checker)

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I have only three sets remaining. One black, one transparent and the other red. All other colors are sold out, get them while they are available!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Got these colors remaining:
Orange x3
Pink x3
Brown x4
Yellow x1
Purple x5

3ed7918fa20b5d8ea45e101e1cde3fc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How does the facing of a shaft get altered? Such that a refacing needs to be done. In other words, what would cause change in the face of a shaft?

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
New stocks just arrived! Black, green, red and blue are now back in stock, limited quantities only! :grin-square::grin-square:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   1
Looks like an awesome way to jack up a cue joint! These look like they are useful to buyers and sellers in the field though.
There is a less invasive alternative to scraping with a blade. You need to find the correct spot to place the marker on the shaft and then just simply go to the opposite side that you would scrape and put a small piece of scotch tape (about the size of a match head) on the face of the shaft. That will bring the shaft and joint face back quite a bit. Sometimes perfect, sometimes a little too much or to little but it will be closer. If you need it perfect use different thickness' of tape.
You still need the "Tanks" (which are great) or some other pocket lathe to find the low spot but, with this method you don't have to remove material from the shaft. Once you take it off, it's off for good.