Changes in the bump rules

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
174   0   0
so when sure man says lets get offers on these babys is that a bump !! what he does it on all his listings today

It only bumps the thread every 2 days.

Speaking of rules, if a guy sells a cue with undisclosed issues, is that worthy of a Bible reference?

Speaking of rules, what about if a guy physically steals cues from someone? Does the Bible help with that?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Is there a limit on the number of threads a seller can have going at the same time? I thought there was, but can't find any references. I've recently seen 9, even 11 bumped in succession, so just wondering.

I wondered that as well...

No limit, but it's considered common courtesy to limit sale threads to a few per day, maybe 5.
We don't need the guys who think they found a free Ebay making post after post while pushing everybody off the front pages.
The wanted/for sale was intended to sell used, custom, and collectible billiard items.
There was and still is a handful of guys who have abused the forum, and don't care that it isn't cool.
Those few scoundrels are the reason we were all affected by the awkward bumping rules, which took a lot of the fun out of the WFS.

glasscitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Where do you find the bump now? I am at a loss trying to find it this and seen someone say advanced settings or something
azbi.png

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
OK, we had someone code a modification to hopefully help with the bump issues.

First off. We have turned back on the ability to reply to threads. However, replying to a thread will not bump it. (Or at least it shouldn't bump it)

After 48 hours, the original poster of a thread can go to the "thread tools" menu at the top of his thread and click on "bump". That should move the message to the top without needing to actually reply to the message.

Please understand that WE ARE TESTING THIS. If it works, then we will stick with it. It is not the end of the world. It is just something we are testing to try to resolve the bump issues here.

Mike
hey did this site upgrade to something new, i can't seem to find anything on here now :(

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, new software was installed last night. It's been a long time coming. Bumping takes place when a user posts on their thread. You have to wait 48 hours in between posts on your own thread.

1pocketjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
OK, we had someone code a modification to hopefully help with the bump issues.

First off. We have turned back on the ability to reply to threads. However, replying to a thread will not bump it. (Or at least it shouldn't bump it)

After 48 hours, the original poster of a thread can go to the "thread tools" menu at the top of his thread and click on "bump". That should move the message to the top without needing to actually reply to the message.

Please understand that WE ARE TESTING THIS. If it works, then we will stick with it. It is not the end of the world. It is just something we are testing to try to resolve the bump issues here.

Mike
Sounds good but I don’t see the tools box or icon what am I missing