• Becue Prime M 12.5

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Cuetec C 15K 12.5

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm after a new carbon fiber shaft but I can't find any comparisons on the deflection of each. I know alot of people haven't tried the new Jacoby and Mezz cues which is why the comparisons are hard to find. The Go-2 is a lesser known shaft but I have heard go stuff about it. I'm slightly leaning towards the Jacoby Black. If anyone has a pre-owned carbon fiber shaft at a decent price that could sway me. I'm from the UK so shipping would be a problem.
I would still like to know what everyone's opinion of the lowest deflection carbon fiber shaft is. You can rank them in order and put a ? next to the ones you don't know. I will also create a poll too. The poll is solely on lowest deflection. In the comments you can talk about other aspects

Revo 12.9
Jacoby Black 12.3
Mezz Ignite 12.2
Go-2 Custom 12.9
Becue Prime M 12.5
Cuetec C 15K 12.5

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I'm not entirely positive, but I think all of them a fairly close to one another. In all honesty I'd go with how it hits, whether or not having a ferrule is important to you and the price. I have a Becue Prime M and love it. I'm considering getting a Cuetec Cynergy for my other cue. In all honesty the Revo isn't even on my radar. The tink is enough to keep me from buying it

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I've only tried the Revo 12.9 so nothing to compare. However, I didn't care much for it. It sounded funny and lacked "feel", and it's just kinda soul-less. Not sure if they're all the same but I'm not in a hurry to jump on the band wagon.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without the 12.4 Revo there shouldn’t be a poll.

Yep, the revo 12.4 and the Pechauer 11.8

I've tried almost all the OP's choices and as far as deflection, well, either Revo is lower than all others made in his list.

The only one I'm still willing to try out is the pechauer CF shaft. I'm looking forward to it since:

Pechauer is offering it in 11.8......white ferrule........good taper......multi pins.....

I'm talking pure performance....."deflection"......or lack...thereof...., not hit, feel, sound.....etc.etc.etc.

Eventhough, I have no issue with any of those things.

When I'm playing 14.1, 9 ball, 10 ball....etc...etc... im only worried about the following:

If the object ball hits pocket and cueball stops where I want it to...

Nothing more....dont give a ratz... a55 if it sounds good, bad or ugly..

Then again, EVERY pro that I've ever spoken to only says the same thing...

Results.....results....results

Last edited:

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only tried the Revo 12.9 and the Ignite 12.2. The Ignites deflection was notably lower than that of the Revo.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't list the 12.4 Revo because if I had the choice i'd rather play with the 12.9. I guess the list is more tailored to me and what I can get hold of. I would prefer a white ferule and the others are cheaper then the revos I think. I can get a good deal on a Jacoby Black so I really wanted to know how the deflection stacks up against the others. The only comparisons I have seen so far are the Revo vs the Cuetec, the Cuetec having slightly more deflection but having a nicer hit etc.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did NOT vote but i'm just wondering how many have hit ALL the shafts mentioned? Under what conditions? Not to be Joe Negative here but this is all very subjective. We need a mechanical-man/robot subjective test for this to be truly worthwhile. I HAVE hit both Revos and the Prime M and all three had very low deflection. Did not like finish of the BeCue at all. Revo was slick as hell.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did NOT vote but i'm just wondering how many have hit ALL the shafts mentioned? Under what conditions? Not to be Joe Negative here but this is all very subjective. We need a mechanical-man/robot subjective test for this to be truly worthwhile. I HAVE hit both Revos and the Prime M and all three had very low deflection. Did not like finish of the BeCue at all. Revo was slick as hell.
I agree but I don't think we are going to get them results for awhile. All we can do for now is speculate and see if anyone has played with atleast 2 different cues. If quite a few people chirp in we wouldn't need to have someone who has played with every cue.
For example; Say if the 1st guy said the Mezz was lower deflection than the Revo, guy number 2 said the Jacoby was worse then Revo, guy 3 said the Jacoby was better than the Cuetec and guy 5 said the Mezz was better than the cutec. You could make a broad guess and say the ranking was Mezz, Revo, Jacoby and then Cuetec just on deflection alone.
The poll isn't set up for this tbh and it was just an extra I threw in. I'm more interested to hear comparisons in the comments even if it's one cue vs another and not against all of them.

Last edited:

rogerjlogan

I have a sure method of "comparing" deflection. Works best on a 9 ft with a very tight pocket table. Place object ball 1/8 inch off rail next to first diamond on long rail from corner. Place cue ball on a spot diagonally across table with a lot of distance but far enough away from the rails to use a normal closed bridge. Hit hard inside (3 or 9 o'clock depending) and make the shot 3 times in a row before comparing the same way to another cue. If the next cue misses by hitting the ball too fat, then that cue has more less deflection. If it overcuts the ball or hits the rail first then it has more deflection. Using this method and an arbitrary rating from 1 to 10 (1 is lowest deflection), I have compared the following shafts.

Revo (12.9): 2
Meucci Carbon Fiber Pro: 20 (not kidding.. this hit half a diamond up on the rail... garbage)
Mezz WX900: 1.9
Mezz Ignite: 2.5

A little background. I have been using the Mezz WX900 for about 5 yrs. I switched to the Meucci Carbon Fiber Pro for all of 2 days and turned around and sold it. Decided to buy the Mezz Ignite, but I realized right away it had significantly more deflection than the WX900 and after about 1 month, I sold that one also. I finally decided to get the Revo and went with the fatter 12.9 and the deflection was so very close to the WX900 (but the Revo did have slightly more) that I was able to overcome the minute difference within a few days. I have now had it a few weeks and I am shooting better than ever. I am interested in trying the Jacoby Black also. If so, I'll update my findings here.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The Revo is by far the best of the bunch in lowest deflection and hit. Problem is people don't like the sound(which IMO, who the f cares about the sound when the performance is way better). Other issue some have is the sighting with no ferrule, but that seems to be resolved if you get one with the white vault plate. The closest to the Revo is definitely the ignite. Becue is great too but you need the whole cue from them, not just the shaft.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Between the Mezz Ignite 12.2 and the Pechauer Rogue (similar mm) which are the only two I’ve played with extensively, the Mezz has a little less deflection. With identical tips on them, they both have virtually identical feel to the hit.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The Revo is by far the best of the bunch in lowest deflection and hit. Problem is people don't like the sound(which IMO, who the f cares about the sound when the performance is way better). Other issue some have is the sighting with no ferrule, but that seems to be resolved if you get one with the white vault plate. The closest to the Revo is definitely the ignite. Becue is great too but you need the whole cue from them, not just the shaft.

Fwiw - I've tried & tested 8 different CF shafts plus the Rush & propel shafts and have 2 new awaiting testing. So I've tried almost all the main manufacturers except for the McDermott, OB & Viking. Only "custom" I've tried is the Go.

There is a gent on here and Facebook named Edison that has reviewed 4 shafts on youtube that you should look at. Believe his channel is called The Billiard Corner. He did vids on the Revo 12.9, Rogue 11.8, Ignite & Jacoby Black. The link below should direct you to his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBilliardCorner

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

While I agree the Revo has the least deflection, I would say it has a terrible hit. The shaft just doesn't consistently transfer information to the stroke arm - no touch. I believe that is why Filler, Albin, Appleton, and Kaci, don't use Revo playing shafts.

Low deflection is important to me, but not at the sacrifice of touch and the ability to manipulate my ball when needed.

I see this similar to golf. There is a reason we don't see pro golfers using Cavity Back Irons, they need more control and they have the skill to use it. I personally think the Cynergy is better for the more complete player.