SOO MANY STAPLE AND SO WRONG!! Holy Toledo!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Who even does this?? 5/8" long no less! :) Patience is developed on stuff like this.

Trent from Toledo

Attachments

• 959560f1a6c211883cebb86c2d2090bb096d89c8-2.jpg
    959560f1a6c211883cebb86c2d2090bb096d89c8-2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 570
  • 959560f1a6c211883cebb86c2d2090bb096d89c8-1.jpg
    959560f1a6c211883cebb86c2d2090bb096d89c8-1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 568

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
That’s the only staples they have at Harbor Freight!

Show us one of the staples once you pull it out.

Just for FYI....what is the correct length and width of a staple for cloth?

*****I do not envy you guys coming in behind a hack and being surprised with this stuff.*****

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make that guy use a manual stapler. Won't feel like putting so many in! They are not 1 1/4" long too, are they?:rolleyes:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Make that guy use a manual stapler. Won't feel like putting so many in! They are not 1 1/4" long too, are they?:rolleyes:

No, they were 5/8". I already threw them all out.. 3 hours to get all of them out. I usually can have a set of rails free of staples in 30-40 minutes.

I use a Senco Stapler and Staples are 1/2" Crown 20 Gauge/ 1/4" legs.

Positive side:the 9' Diamond Professional is in AWESOME SHAPE! Being that I own the table, it is part of it. If it were a customers table I would have added a charge for all the extra time. :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh yeah. I noticed. I use 1/4" T50's myself.
Just glued up some new cushions and facings on mine. First time I did that.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Oh yeah. I noticed. I use 1/4" T50's myself.
Just glued up some new cushions and facings on mine. First time I did that.

The person who covered these rails did a pretty decent job, besides the staples and that is what confused me. How would someone ever choose those other than from pure laziness??? They did not want to use the hand stapler is all I can guess...

I used t-50 for most of my career in tables, then I got sick of my cheap staple gun jammin and breaking. I chose the Senco stapler because of the quality and the 5 year factory warranty. The staples ended up being quit a bit cheaper as well. Only draw back is that the staples are not available at local places. They come in packs of 10k, so I usually order 3-4 at a time to ensure I have them on hand and extra in my gear.

Next tool : Omni Cubed Pro-Dolly HD1 w/ Mega Jaws handles! $$$$

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
table must have come from az thats all they use out here on cheap tables.

i like the grex stapler the best but it didnt like 120 degree weather in phoenix kept melting orings. best gun i ever have used hands down,faster reset then anything out there.

new one is a fasco it looks exactly the same as he senco for half price onsale. It sets staples flush no oversticking staple under the wood run 80-125 psi with a california air compressor.

i buy staples buy the case instead of 3-4 boxes ata time get them for $4-5 a box duo-fast brand

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are the exact same staples that I found on my Brunswick last spring, when I went to recover. Really took some doing to get them all out. Fortunately I don't have to account for my hours.