Watching Streams - Poll

% of time you prefer the camera zoomed out showing multiple tables?

• 0%

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • 10%

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • 20%

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • 30%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 90%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Here's a poll.

When watching pool streams what option is closest to your preference regarding a camera angle that is zoomed out with a large viewing area where you can see panoramic view of what is happening in the pool room and where you can catch what's happening on multiple tables?

1.) 00%
2.) 10%
3.) 20%
4.) 30%
5.) 40%
6.) 50%
7.) 60%
8.) 70%
9.) 80%
10)90%
11)100%

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
My 'puter monitor is only 19"...so I prefer a nice view of the stream table. More than okay for commentary prople to announce scores on other tables, however.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
To the 0%ers who voted you can't tell me you don't like these views from time to time.

Attachments

• tx open 1.jpg
    tx open 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 598
  • tx open.jpg
    tx open.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 606

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
now we've got 8 zero's. I marketed the 0% option to the clown demographic. Just won't count these votes in my sampling..

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was one of the 50% voters
I like to see all of the player on many shots...the way you see a PGA golfer.
....sometimes you know how he's going to hit by the way he walks into the shot.

...and there are always dead times in a match....it's nice to see other tables.
Many times I've been betting on a live match in a pool hall, or a tournament....
....and still watch other matches at the same time.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
It truly depends on the layout at the venue on whether it is practical to do it or not.

Gary G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hungarian

If you haven't had the chance to watch Xtreme Pool Challenge give them a try , they stream 5 tables at
once so you have a choice of what match you want
to see or you can watch all 5 at the same time.
They will be streaming from Capones billiards in
spring hill FL. on Sept 23,24,25 . It's the Florida super
64 tournament which is a warm up for tornado open
at Seminole Hard rock . A lot of the big names will be
at this tournament and it's free to watch . Hope you
enjoy it . :grin-square: Gary G

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
If you haven't had the chance to watch Xtreme Pool Challenge give them a try , they stream 5 tables at
once so you have a choice of what match you want
to see or you can watch all 5 at the same time.
They will be streaming from Capones billiards in
spring hill FL. on Sept 23,24,25 . It's the Florida super
64 tournament which is a warm up for tornado open
at Seminole Hard rock . A lot of the big names will be
at this tournament and it's free to watch . Hope you
enjoy it . :grin-square: Gary G

They do a fine job. I like what they are doing down in Florida. :smile:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
now we've got 8 zero's. I marketed the 0% option to the clown demographic. Just won't count these votes in my sampling..

Well you aren't gonna much of a poll then are you? Often times it's already hard enough to see the balls ( colors and numbers ) when they are tight in on one specific table, factor in tables that are in the shot as well and they are further away and even harder to see. Guess we a bunch of clowns. Ideally it would be set up like that tourney a year or two ago overseas ( forget which one, maybe China maybe Dubai ) but they had EVERY table streamed and you could select which one you wanted to see.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why don't you just pick the number you want and only count those votes, then it'll turn out exactly like you want.

Looks like 0% is well in the lead.

I don't mind a little of these types of shots, especially when players are on break or when you know there is going to be a long pause before the shot is taken, but otherwise I like a good view of the table for the match I'm watching.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Obviously no one prefers 0% all of the time, these people are being clowns as usual. Can't have a decent poll around here. This place is going to hell...

Have a nice week..

Why don't you just pick the number you want and only count those votes, then it'll turn out exactly like you want.

Looks like 0% is well in the lead.

I don't mind a little of these types of shots, especially when players are on break or when you know there is going to be a long pause before the shot is taken, but otherwise I like a good view of the table for the match I'm watching.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
You can't honestly say you never prefer a wider than normal view.

Well you aren't gonna much of a poll then are you? Often times it's already hard enough to see the balls ( colors and numbers ) when they are tight in on one specific table, factor in tables that are in the shot as well and they are further away and even harder to see. Guess we a bunch of clowns. Ideally it would be set up like that tourney a year or two ago overseas ( forget which one, maybe China maybe Dubai ) but they had EVERY table streamed and you could select which one you wanted to see.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Zooming out is more work for the production person and doesn't add anything to the show. It's rare, but I've seen where the camera zoomed out and didn't get back to the feature table until after the break.

I'd rather stay focused on the feature game .

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Obviously no one prefers 0% all of the time, these people are being clowns as usual. Can't have a decent poll around here. This place is going to hell...

Have a nice week..

I prefer 0%, thats why I voted it that way.

You've got a quite good poll going here btw.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was one of the 50% voters
I like to see all of the player on many shots...the way you see a PGA golfer.
....sometimes you know how he's going to hit by the way he walks into the shot.

...and there are always dead times in a match....it's nice to see other tables.
Many times I've been betting on a live match in a pool hall, or a tournament....
....and still watch other matches at the same time.

I voted 50% too...As most agree, quite often the 'on screen' table will have a lot of dead time. (ie; racking, gimmes, real lopsided matches, etc)..For crucial shots, or games, its nice to zero in on the stream table..Its pretty easy to figure out when it isn't..Thats usually when the commentators start talking about what they had for breakfast! :eek:

I like the occasional overview, or maybe even share the screen, if theres an interesting/popular match going on, on an adjacent table!..(which, I would think could be easily pre-arranged)

I also wish most of the PPV's were more affordable..I think a lower price, would possibly generate even more income for the streamer..For example, maybe getting only fifty viewers to spring for $50 ea., versus possibly attracting 150 or 200 viewers @ $25 ea.! ..The production cost will always remain the same!

PS..Also, the occasional poor stream, (freezing problems, etc.) would be a lot easier to forgive at a more nominal outlay for the viewer. ;)

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I would rather see just the one table. Sorry of that doesn't work with your poll.

I struggle to see the balls, at least on the streams that I get to watch. Perhaps the higher end streamers product is clearer, but the streams that I've watched are hard enough for me to follow.

I'll grant you that before or after a match, a pan of the room might be nice, but so far as actually watching a match in progress, one table at a time for me, please.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would rather see just the one table. Sorry of that doesn't work with your poll.

I struggle to see the balls, at least on the streams that I get to watch. Perhaps the higher end streamers product is clearer, but the streams that I've watched are hard enough for me to follow.

I'll grant you that before or after a match, a pan of the room might be nice, but so far as actually watching a match in progress, one table at a time for me, please.

Two things Dub..(and other zero percenter's)

A...Free streamers production quality and camera work, (except for Fast Lenny) will usually
not be as good as the 'higher end' PPV guys! :grin:

B...Its much easier to follow, if you learn the color of the balls!..... Hint; the cue ball will always
be white.(JK Dub) :grin:

PS..Seriously, I wish they would quit messing with (changing) the ball colors!..The 4 and 7 are getting
hard to tell apart now, with some ball mfgr's..:(

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like you turned out to be the clown, since 0 got more than everything else combined as of this moment, 27-21.

But it is always great to try to shame and name-call people who do not think exactly as you do.

Until it gets turned around on YOU.

Last edited: