The Mosconi Cup is less than a week away!

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mosconi Cup is less than a week away! I attended the 2015 cup at the Tropicana, and it was an awesome trip that I was glad that I did, so deciding to go this year was a no-brainer. For those who haven't been, it's like no other professional pool event that I've been to. The way that the crowd gets so involved and loud just adds another level of excitement to it. In addition to the mosconi Cup itself, there's all kinds of action around Vegas for the whole week. Who is going? If anybody wants to make plans ahead of time to meet up for some cheap one pocket, let me know.

If I recall correctly, I think seats sold out a while in advance back in 2015. The last time I checked, there are still seats available right now, although not very good ones. I bought four seats this year because I wanted to have the option to meet a few friends there, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. If anybody want some great seats in Section 1 row J, let me know. That's basically centered up on the pool table just high enough to have a great view. I'll let all three of them go for $700, or $250 each.

Best regards,
Mooseman

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'd be there if I had any vacation days left. Sucks they do this during the week? But, yeah, they gotta fill the hotels on the slow days... I get that. but they don't put the Super Bowl on a fuggin Tuesday ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The date they pick for the Mosconi bothers me....it should be in late May....
....you know....5-26

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do some searching online I think you will likely find a stream. That being said, it really is a whole different level of entertainment to watch it live. I went in 2015, and I will try to go every year that I can now. It's really awesome to experience!

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up, moose man! I am busy with other things, and lost track of the MC, so now I can watch it.
Last year it streamed live on ESPN3, in the early afternoon here in Chicago. If you have a Roku, the ESPN channel is available, and ESPN3 is inside that.
Listings for the stream didn't appear until very close to the tourney start, so you won't find it there yet.
Last year, someone posted Youtube vids of the entire match the same day, so you don't have to miss anything if you can't catch it live.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
does this not conflict with the world 9 ball tourney?

The WPA World 9-Ball Championship is listed as 12/4 through 12/15, but the actual championship event with 128 players is probably just the last 5 or 6 days of that time period. Most of the world's top players are invited directly into that final group of 128. The first several days of the time period are for qualifying events to fill however many open slots they have for the final group of 128.

So, yes, there is a time conflict if any Mosconi Cup players were not eligible to go directly into the final 128 and wanted to go through the qualifying stages. But there would not be a time conflict for those eligible directly for the final 128 (but they would have to leave Las Vegas for Doha rather promptly).

I do not know which of the Cup players are going to Doha.

Last edited: