Anyone play with samsara cues?

Roar1975

Registered
In A Nutshell

9Ballr Wrote

"I don't mean to challenge you but what's the point in getting an expensive cue if you're gonna play with LD shafts on it?
Wouldn't it be just as good to get a cheap butt and get an LD that fits it?
Not trying to be sarcastic."

Not a bad question and to add to it...different shafts and different butts will all play differently even by the same cue maker. Every piece of wood regardless if it's a shaft or a butt will play different due to the properties in every single piece of wood crafted into a butt or a shaft. In addition, the type of joint as well and even the inlay materials have impact on playability even if it's slight at best (the joint type having a larger impact of course). This is a problem and a blessing as you could order a custom cue and it doesn't play as good as your buddy's cue they had made from the same cue maker and vice versa. This is a reason why it's wiser to be able to hit with a cue before buying it so you know what you're buying. This holds tru for acoustic guitars. I think Gibson makes the best, BUT you have to get the "right" one as some of their guitars aren't the best, but if you get the "right" one, WOW...it's magical. Same holds true for a cue..In my opinion and with some mathematical sense, I think a cheaper butt with a great shaft will hit better than an expensive butt with a poorly made shaft. But regardless it really comes down to the talent and skill of the pool player. A great pool player will run racks with a crooked cue lol, so what I have learned is regardless of whether you have a low deflection shaft or whether the cue is maple or ebony, if you're a good player, it doesn't matter too too much. But if you're buying a cue for the artistic value, I think some of the Samsara Cues I have seen are hard to beat. That alone can make them one of the best cue makers in the business...