2016 BCAPL Naationals

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The numbers you used for 2015 were incorrect. Doubles entries are actually down as well. This year 604 teams. Last year 623. Now I see why you deleted part of your post. Really doesn't matter. I'm going and so are nearly 6800 other players. BCAPL always puts on a great event. This years payouts will be interesting to see. I'm going to try really hard to bring home my share ;) :rolleyes: .

Lyn

I have been following team counts for over 10 years, and the count with over two weeks to go is always lower than the final count. This is most likely due to TBD entries. I deleted part of my last post because I made a mistake with the doubles numbers and rather than fix it I just deleted it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free lessons at the Rio 7/24-28

Randyg and I will be doing our 5 day FREE clinic again at the Rio (this is our 11th straight year offering free lessons). Everyone is encouraged to stop by our room and get some free instruction on anything you're having trouble with, or to get an inexpensive video analysis of your stroke. We'll be there Mon. 7/24 through Friday 7/28 11am-5pm. Look for the Masters Pool School signs. Hope to see lots of you there. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why I said KMRUNOUT they should have done 20%, 5 divisions. That would have kept all the prize structures equal. Congrats on your win. Do you have a starter rating or do you have a FargoRate established? You didn't make that clear.

That being said, the APA has more sandbagging in it than any league around. You couldn't put a gun to my head to play in that league ever again.

Let's see...

Divisions: With all due respect, I do not see the lowest "leisure" bracket as deserving the same prize money as the highest "master" bracket. The master players have invested WAY more time and effort into pool, and the prize money should reflect this and also provide a motivation to climb the ladder.

Thanks, I actually played quite well in the one BCA tourney that went on my record

My rating: I had a 613 rating at one point. This may have been a result of playing in the national BCA event twice. I didn't do great, so there you go. After winning that one tourney, my rating went up to 661. I have like 180 scores. It is not "established", but it is labelled "preliminary". In reality I'm probably about 640 I think.

As for sandbagging, I have not participated in ANY league that did not have sandbagging. The APA has way more teams and people than any other league, so surely I can name more APA sandbaggers. Also, the system has been around longer than most, so most people have developed a good idea for it. In reality, the BCA league in my area would be the easiest to sandbag in. Win percent and ball count would be easy to play with if anyone was so inclined. Just get the balls you need and lose. So stupid. My experience is that there is just a handful of really bad teams in any league. For the most part, my BCA league and APA leagues are pretty good with regard to sandbagging. That said, 100% of the teams that qualified this year for Vegas are disgusting *known* sandbaggers, and the LO *knows* this. Many teams quit as a result. My BCA team won our championship, and we are the highest ranked team in the league, and play every ball like the world championship lol. Oh well. My integrity is worth more than any trip or championship or whatever.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incidentally, you and me have the exact same Fargo rating. To the best of my knowledge, mine came from one event I played in over my twenty plus years as a BCA PL player. I was 5/6 in the 2012 Open at 67 years old. One truely lucky event where my opponents literally gave me matches. Was I suppose to miss intentionally? Anyway, look forward to meeting you. Almost forgot, had the same discussion with MG as to why I'm flying out to play. Good luck!

Lyn

Lyn,

I watched you win the Super Billiards Expo event. You are a great player. I don't like my odds at all against you haha! My name is Kerry McAuliffe. I would love to meet you out there. If you are playing in the Seniors, you will be in the mix with my friend and teammate Tom McGonagle. He is a great player as well. I think his Fargorate is 660. I have him to thank for mine, as I was lucky enough to beat him for the hot seat of that BCA tourney I won lol. He has won a BCA national championship for seniors, and maybe also for doubles. We have a very good team and hopefully will do well. By all means please look me up out there. I'm gonna search for you on Facebook now!

KMRUNOUT

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be flying in on the 25th. Playing in the 3 man team 9 ball, then the Mixed Teams 8 Ball (Platinum Div)
Of course I will try to get into some mini tournies to kill the time....

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randyg and I will be doing our 5 day FREE clinic again at the Rio (this is our 11th straight year offering free lessons). Everyone is encouraged to stop by our room and get some free instruction on anything you're having trouble with, or to get an inexpensive video analysis of your stroke. We'll be there Mon. 7/24 through Friday 7/28 11am-5pm. Look for the Masters Pool School signs. Hope to see lots of you there. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

AWESOME!! All 51 of our Vegas players have been informed.

clinic.jpg

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I will be there the 22nd for eight ball singles. As far as Fargo, people (pool players especially) are too soon to judge. Give it a chance I say and you can't say attendance is down because of it. Pool has been in decline for many years and players should play or we may not have this event in the future. Anyway, good luck to everyone and have fun.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I roll in Monday the 25th for the open teams. I usually go to the Mesa Grill at Caesars on Monday night with a good friend and have the 22 oz glazed ribeye along with corn on the side.. That is some good eating there let me tell you.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incidentally, you and me have the exact same Fargo rating. To the best of my knowledge, mine came from one event I played in over my twenty plus years as a BCA PL player. I was 5/6 in the 2012 Open at 67 years old. One truely lucky event where my opponents literally gave me matches. Was I suppose to miss intentionally? Anyway, look forward to meeting you. Almost forgot, had the same discussion with MG as to why I'm flying out to play. Good luck!

Lyn

Lyn. I don't know where this "one tournament" idea comes from. We have probably 10 tournaments and lots of league data for you. Most recent tournament is gold crown tri state event in Erie pa in April. Diamond billiards Greece ny. Lots of stuff

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to play because it complicated my work schedule too much...but I am going to try and make it there for a couple of days and would love to meet everyone who is there.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I fly in on the 19th and will be there for the entire time.. Can't wait.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Lyn. I don't know where this "one tournament" idea comes from. We have probably 10 tournaments and lots of league data for you. Most recent tournament is gold crown tri state event in Erie pa in April. Diamond billiards Greece ny. Lots of stuff

Mike,

With a nearly 900 robustness, I'm very aware of how many total events I've played in.

Lyn

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rating system is good in theory but it's only as good as the data entered. In Vegas, My Fargo is close to Jason Kane, Tommy Lipps, and Jesse Allred. Considering any of these players would give me 3 on the wire in a race to 7 and probably still rob me, I question the accuracy. I previously had a robustness of 56 with a Fargo rating of about 575. I asked someone at CSI about my rating and exactly 1 week later, I was moved to a 606 with exactly 200 for robustness. Considering I only played 4 games during that week, me asking the question must have driven someone at CSI to find and enter enough games to put me at exactly 200 right before nationals. Coincidence? Probably not.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rating system is good in theory but it's only as good as the data entered. In Vegas, My Fargo is close to Jason Kane, Tommy Lipps, and Jesse Allred. Considering any of these players would give me 3 on the wire in a race to 7 and probably still rob me, I question the accuracy. I previously had a robustness of 56 with a Fargo rating of about 575. I asked someone at CSI about my rating and exactly 1 week later, I was moved to a 606 with exactly 200 for robustness. Considering I only played 4 games during that week, me asking the question must have driven someone at CSI to find and enter enough games to put me at exactly 200 right before nationals. Coincidence? Probably not.

I see somebody at 603 and 200 games. Most recent are from the Doc Hill Memorial. The way things look, all those players you mention would be in the Platinum division and you would be in the gold division.

It is possible we had two records for you both with games that we merged.

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mike. I'm not as concerned about where I end up or what bracket I play. It was simply that what gets entered is truly subjective. Doc Hill was in March. It just struck me as really odd that only after I spoke to someone at CSI, all the sudden I went from 56 to exactly 200 in a week. Players in Vegas get EVERYTHING entered....VPA matches, Billiard Buzz tour, Sin City Tour, leagues, etc. Unless the same data is being entered for random tournaments in others cities, it's going to be a bit skewed......until every single person in Fargo has over 200 robustness.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hey Bandit,

Are you playing with those guys at Nationals? I have to leave Wednesday afternoon so I'm only playing singles and 3 man 9 ball. I'll stop by and say hello when I get there.

Planning on being in Vegas over the winter to qualify again. Had fun playing you and the "bald" guys! Don't remember seeing you at the VNEA event. The older I get, the worse my memory is.

Talk to you soon.

Lyn

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Bandit,

Are you playing with those guys at Nationals? I have to leave Wednesday afternoon so I'm only playing singles and 3 man 9 ball. I'll stop by and say hello when I get there.

Planning on being in Vegas over the winter to qualify again. Had fun playing you and the "bald" guys! Don't remember seeing you at the VNEA event. The older I get, the worse my memory is.

Talk to you soon.

Lyn

Hey Lyn,

Unfortunately, I'm only playing singles this year. Heading out of town on a red eye the night singles ends. I"m still up in the air on what I'm going to play for the winter session but I'm sure I'll end up somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for you in a couple weeks. Safe travels!

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i saw some really really good players that will end up in the GOLD division , myself i have a rating of 675 and those players are way better than me .
Or maybe my rating is way to high :wink:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i saw some really really good players that will end up in the GOLD division , myself i have a rating of 675 and those players are way better than me .
Or maybe my rating is way to high :wink:

There no doubt will some, and we will be able to do a detailed analysis after the event to compare to previous years.

What is important to recognize now is that the standard of comparison is not how this year compares to some hypothetical perfect world, but rather how it compares previous years at BCAPL/Vegas and other large divisional events. I am confident it will be a lot better.

We will have a lot of analysis to share....