To every poolhall and bar tough guy

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a bar situation, once you decide that you will start throwing cue balls over who is next in line at the table- at that point anything goes- and so it did.

However, once the other guy swung a cue stick at someone's face- in states like here in Florida- now you go to a whole new level, the first guy could have easily stepped back after being hit by the cue stick and pulled a licensed pistol and fired- he was - according to Florida law- at risk for great bodily harm at that point- and could have legally stood his ground by firing the weapon- no way he would be prosecuted here in Florida for shooting; once a cue stick was being used against his head.

Actually, both guys should feel fortunate here, the guy who threw the cue ball acted way too aggressive over a turn at the table and the striker reacted dangerously using a cue stick as a weapon. Either one could have ended up dead or possibly blinded. Wonder why pool gets a bad rep?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a bar situation, once you decide that you will start throwing cue balls over who is next in line at the table- at that point anything goes- and so it did.

However, once the other guy swung a cue stick at someone's face- in states like here in Florida- now you go to a whole new level, the first guy could have easily stepped back after being hit by the cue stick and pulled a licensed pistol and fired- he was - according to Florida law- at risk for great bodily harm at that point- and could have legally stood his ground by firing the weapon- no way he would be prosecuted here in Florida for shooting; once a cue stick was being used against his head.

Actually, both guys should feel fortunate here, the guy who threw the cue ball acted way too aggressive over a turn at the table and the striker reacted dangerously using a cue stick as a weapon. Either one could have ended up dead or possibly blinded. Wonder why pool gets a bad rep?

I think the guys condoning this don't have much (if any) real-world experience with fighting and the consequences that come along with fighting.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Not really imo.
Cue sticks break easily.
Experience pool hall brawlers know pool balls are better weapons than sticks.
Dude threw the cue ball away. What did he expect ? A kiss and a hug ? Looks like he never learned bob and weave defense .
He deserved his ass beating .
And he will be a better person after his ass kicking, I hope.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shorts, black socks, flip flops.

British Isles. If I had to bet money I'd say the guy throwing punches is an Irish traveler.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skankhammer, you both reported my post as well as left me a red with a sweet little message.
Horry sh*t we got a snowflake meltdown over here, sorry for all of you who apparently are deeply offended by my posts on this topic, LOL

Cry baby.JPG crybaby2.JPG

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the guys condoning this don't have much (if any) real-world experience with fighting and the consequences that come along with fighting.

I don't think anyone condones this behaviour.
Most people have way too much to risk
to go assaulting people with a cue.

A 20 year old with a couple beers in him.....
is not considering the consequences.

The guy got exactly what he needed and as
others have said will probably learn something.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don’t think you can carry a concealed weapon in a bar in Florida

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a similar encounter many years ago when I was in my early 20's. Was playing on a bar box at a place called Logans Lounge and I was keeping the table for a good while and one guy came up on the challenger list twice and I won both times and apparently he didn't like that so much so that he was intentionally parking himself near the head of the table and so any shots I needed to shoot from there including breaks he would be in the way.

It was crowded in there and he had his back toward the table engaging and drinking with friends at the bar. I asked him to give me some room a few times and he was being an ass about it keeping it uncomfortable to shoot.

After a couple more times I finally said will you please get the f*** out of the way and I don't think I got it all out of my mouth when he started throwing punches at me. Ouch, that son of a gun was strong. After about 45 seconds of going toe-to-toe with this guy I determined this was a bad strategy - a really bad one. :eek: Past scraps taught me that I can't box well but if I can get a hold of him my ground game is good. I went straight into a couple more unpleasant smacks upside my head in order to grab him and, of course, we go directly on top of the bar box in a hate embrace and as we're grappling we rolled off the table onto the floor. He managed to get loose from me but I didn't want to be punched anymore so I lunged and hung onto him as we spun around knocking things off the wall and chairs and stools were falling. It felt like one of those old west saloon fights. Then we hear the sirens approaching.

We separated simultaneously and tried to make ourselves presentable ripped shirts, bloody nose (mine damnit) and all. The bartender made a deal with us; she said if we pay for the few broken things that fell off the wall that she won't press charges and we agreed. The cops came in and talked with us and made sure all was gonna be okay and satisfied that it would be they left.

As often happens in these kinds of situations, while I wouldn't exactly say we became friends, whenever we saw each other after that night, this guy and me would give each other a nod acknowledging each other and occasionally even a 'how ya' doing.'

After all that I was told by a couple of people that this guy did well in some Golden Gloves competitions. Me and my face had no reason to disbelieve that. :rolleyes: :D

Tommy Palmieri, I hope you're still out there having fun. Thanks for the pool memory. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I don’t think you can carry a concealed weapon in a bar in Florida

ding ding, winner.

That is classed as a misdemeanor with a possible 60 days jail or $500 fine.
If a sign is posted outside for no firearms it gets worse.

Armed trespass is a felony in Florida.

DDogs -- 1.5 hours from the FL GA line.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ding ding, winner.

That is classed as a misdemeanor with a possible 60 days jail or $500 fine.
If a sign is posted outside for no firearms it gets worse.

Armed trespass is a felony in Florida.

DDogs -- 1.5 hours from the FL GA line.

Although, if there was no sign, it would be something of a Kyle Rittenhouse situation IMO. I am curious, what do you think buddy, does wrongfully carrying a gun negate being able to defend yourself?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think anyone condones this behaviour.
Most people have way too much to risk
to go assaulting people with a cue.

A 20 year old with a couple beers in him.....
is not considering the consequences.

The guy got exactly what he needed and as
others have said will probably learn something.

Amen, my point ecactly. Guy could obviously throw a punch by his form, hitting the guy with the cue was just stupid and is not considering the possible outcome. And had they both walked outside to fight, the guy who could punch would likely have knocked the ball tosser out cold but with less legal consquenses, especially if he let him throw a drunk haymaker to start.

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Although, if there was no sign, it would be something of a Kyle Rittenhouse situation IMO. I am curious, what do you think buddy, does wrongfully carrying a gun negate being able to defend yourself?

We'd move this to NPR for a further discussion on that. I've got many words on the subject.

In reference to this topic..... the bar fight and comparison, by YOUR logic:

The guy who suckered kyle with the skateboard is a B*tch

The guy who sucker punched the back of his head knocking his hat off is a B*tch

The guy who tried to curb stomp Kyle is a B*tch

The guy who feigned compliance, only to try and sucker himself into "emptying his gun" into Kyle is DEFINITELY a B*tch

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'd move this to NPR for a further discussion on that. I've got many words on the subject.

In reference to this topic..... the bar fight and comparison, by YOUR logic:

The guy who suckered kyle with the skateboard is a B*tch

The guy who sucker punched the back of his head knocking his hat off is a B*tch

The guy who tried to curb stomp Kyle is a B*tch

The guy who feigned compliance, only to try and sucker himself into "emptying his gun" into Kyle is DEFINITELY a B*tch

I would agree with all of those things* if * we could definitively say skater and spaghetti arm didn't think Kyle was an active shooter.

Imagine letting an active shooter getaway simply because the shooter said" it's ok, I'll turn myself in":rolleyes:

Everyone on AZ was saying spaghetti arm was a felon, yourself included, but that isn't true from my understanding now. So maybe ya'll(myself included) are wrong about some of the other stuff that was being said about the guy, including his intentions.

He was behind Kyle with gun pulled as Kyle was running away and Kyle had his back turned, he could have easily shot him in the back, no need for a false surrendor to Kyle to trick him, simply could have shot him in the back before Kyle ever had his gun pointed anywhere towards him. Spaghetti arm didn't go that route, so I don't think the narrative being pushed on here is quite accurate(but that's just my opinion).

But, let's save this for NPR, my apologies guys.

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I would agree with all of those things* if * we could definitively say skater and spaghetti arm didn't think Kyle was an active shooter.

Imagine letting an active shooter getaway simply because the shooter said" it's ok, I'll turn myself in":rolleyes:

Everyone on AZ was saying spaghetti arm was a felon, yourself included, but that isn't true from my understanding now. So maybe ya'll(myself included) are wrong about some of the other stuff that was being said about the guy, including his intentions.

He was behind Kyle with gun pulled as Kyle was running away and Kyle had his back turned, he could have easily shot him in the back, no need for a false surrendor to Kyle to trick him, simply could have shot him in the back before Kyle ever had his gun pointed anywhere towards him. Spaghetti arm didn't go that route, so I don't think the narrative being pushed on here is quite accurate(but that's just my opinion).

But, let's save this for NPR, my apologies guys.

Well then let's just say that this cue ball throwin', liquid courage guy, was a not so good dude.

That makes mr. cue stick smacker a hero.

There, we settled it.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amen, my point ecactly. Guy could obviously throw a punch by his form, hitting the guy with the cue was just stupid and is not considering the possible outcome. And had they both walked outside to fight, the guy who could punch would likely have knocked the ball tosser out cold but with less legal consquenses, especially if he let him throw a drunk haymaker to start.

It was a knee jerk reaction. He didn't keep hitting him with
the cue. Went upside his head with the shaft end and dropped
it. This was never going to be a mutual combat situation.
To suggest that is silly.
Real world experience tells me that people who are
trained to fight can and will go upside your head with
a cue/fist/foot/chair. Happens all the time.
Just because you have training doesn't mean
you aren't a couple beers or a bad day away
from doing this exact thing. Especially if you are
young.
Only after some jail time and/ or paying some guys
hospital bills after you dole out a little street justice,
do you really get an idea of how stupid it is.

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
The guy who knocked him out looks like he's done some boxing .

Nice jab and then a quick combination. He pushes off with his legs and uses his torso for power. He has definitely trained.

Shorts, black socks, flip flops.

British Isles. If I had to bet money I'd say the guy throwing punches is an Irish traveler.

I am thinking Dublin or Shannon.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Dude attacked the guy with cue butt, anyone who would call sucker punching someone a tough guy is beyond me.

If I wack someone in the head with a baseball bat when they aren't looking am I uber tough?

sometimes it's the smart thing to do