Carom/3c vs Bank Pool Players

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough...i meant in a bank pool match.

Then I would say no, but likely better than bank pool players would do in a 3C game vs the experts there. It's just tough to beat players at their specialty no matter what you play. That's why you see otherwise average "pro" players do well in the special events at DCC. Brumbak may have a hard time beating an A+ player in 9 ball, but he'd beat SVB in banks.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I would say no, but likely better than bank pool players would do in a 3C game vs the experts there. It's just tough to beat players at their specialty no matter what you play. That's why you see otherwise average "pro" players do well in the special events at DCC. Brumbak may have a hard time beating an A+ player in 9 ball, but he'd beat SVB in banks.
I just thought the skillsets between 3c and banks were similar.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bank shots in 3c are what we in pool call kicks
icbw
in 3c they move the first ball to a good zone but not to a specific spot like a bank shot in pool
icbw

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think most 3C players have played some form of pocket billiards most of their lives...
on the other side, players who play Bank Pool are not likely to have played 3C much or at all...
especially in the USA.

So 3C players might have it a little better in a Bank Pool match, that said,
one would easily beat the other in their respective expertise.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like both would have a good eye for angle in = angle out but bank pool players would have better feel for rail compression. 3C players ought to struggle finding bank speed and learning the little tricks to avoid a double kiss. I think the 3C player might make some nice banks but they’d lose mostly because they can’t bank and get position for the next bank. Cloth speeds alone should take them out of their element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro