John Schmidt Bobby Chamberlain ENOUGH

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok guys here is the thing, yes I know that I am not one to talk about stupid internet squabbles as I have had my fair share including a fake one with my current valley forge partner Steve before anyone feels like bringing that post back up but in all honesty what is this doing for you fighting like this behind your keyboards? (no this is not me saying fight in front of them)

You both look ridiculous right now plain and simple. Bobby I have now known you a number of years and I have had the pleasure of both hosting you at the challenge and more importantly having the opportunity of calling you a friend and of course John I have known you even longer back in the hay days of Leisure Time years ago.

Apart you have to be two of the nicest guys I have ever met both incredibly generous with your time knowledge and money. Together you are worse than oil and water.

What is this argument bringing you right now? Nothing of value.

Bobby you are calling out John and john you are calling out Bobby.

Bobby your runs aren't on film so you are going to have haters and people who doubt you. DEAL WITH IT, i have a jet i just didn't fly it into this post if you catch my drift. In all honesty if YOU know you ran it and you have over 30 runs over 200 etc and you know there are people out there who have seen it and you play at this level than whats the problem with one more guy on the list. Honestly.

John, as I said I have never known you to use anything but standard ball polish. I have personally racked for you and cleaned the balls for the 14.1 challenge and I have never seen you use your own towel only what we had on hand and miraculously you still had a run of over 200 on our tables. When I hosted you at Cue Nine you walked in cold with no warm up stroke no ball cleaner and a crappy table and still ran a 168 before coming up short on a shot that just lost steam on some slow ass cloth. You are a US Open champion and no you do not have a World Straight Pool Title but not many do. Does Mika? Would anyone question his ability? I don't think so.

You both need to cool off and step away from this situation and live your lives. You are both world class players videos or not and in all honesty I have known both of you to be happy genuine funny down to earth people.

I don't care how much money either of you have and you know what Bobby the monetary aspect shouldn't even play into it nor should John's sexuality whatever it may be although I can attest to some of his girlfriends' being ridiculously hot. There are rules and laws against cyber bullying and cyber harassment and Im pretty sure that you guys are skirting those laws in the other thread so please to both of you I ask tread lightly if not for us to have to witness all of it go down but for your own sakes. Why the thread hasn't been removed yet I don't know but that isn't up to me.

I am not even going to touch Danny Harriman in this thread with a ten foot pole. I have known Danny to be a phenomenal player as I have witnessed and photographed in person, a gentleman at the table, and say what you will about his personality I have nothing negative to say.

Gentleman enough already. You are both world class players and people let it go already. If you both have lives that you are so happy about that you feel so strongly to come on a website forum and defend them, go live them and enjoy them and leave this be. John Bobby no one wants to see either of you leave this forum but you both need to find a way to coexist in a peaceful way here. Spread your wealth of knowledge play your games live your lives and be happy.

Ok thats it go about your business folks.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Charlie

Thanks Charlie for being the pool police of sorts as We have laughed a few times to where I have been out of breath.The history of John is to attack me and others to somehow satify his sick needs or something.I never have told nothing but the truth about myself and have always been a giver in pool not a taker and will continue to donate my time and money to see pool succeed but not to support a person like John.
When a person calls someout through a keyboard and not in person then what is the person who gets attacked suppose to think,my thoughts are what is wrong with this guy and why is he so jealous.Also for John to disgrace players like Mosconi and Lassiter are totally unacceptable and if they were still alive im sure John wouldnt do it or if he did he wouldnt have any sponsors even if he was mr.1,000 haha.As for what the future brings i hope its great pool and not pain.Thanks for all the hard work you do to help pool as its the love of the game that keeps you doing it because it certainly isnt the money.Also Thanks for starting the thread as it was good timing to get things settled down and like I have continually said Im done with it till I get attacked again.:smile:and your new official name is Chief Charlie.

Swag

Registered
??

Bobby, I think you might have missed the point of Charlie's post by taking more swipes at John

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby, I think you might have missed the point of Charlie's post by taking more swipes at John

Swipes where?only truth where ever you might be referring too.although its all so funny to talk about and see people's true character.i hope that wasn't a swipe as I didn't mention anyone's name.I'm totally done with it all as I had been and even after his last rant I even said hi to him at the Hopkins event with no response back from him.lets all try to move forward and continue positive to the greatest sport in the world.peace to all.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swipes where?only truth where ever you might be referring too.although its all so funny to talk about and see people's true character.i hope that wasn't a swipe as I didn't mention anyone's name.I'm totally done with it all as I had been and even after his last rant I even said hi to him at the Hopkins event with no response back from him.lets all try to move forward and continue positive to the greatest sport in the world.peace to all.

Now Bobby if you continue to behave in this manner Im not going to let you hit some with me next time Im down LOL ,

mark

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby Im really not trying to be the pool police at all I just want the crap to stop thats all. Like i said peacefully co exist man thats all.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The part of this argument that's hard for me to fathom is why American straight poolers aren't unconditionally supportive of each other, as, it seems, they were years ago.

Since the advent of the Dragon 14.1 event, which is the only 14.1 event that attracts most of the stars of both Europe and America (which are, for practical purposes, the only two continents on which 14.1 events are regularly played), America has come up disappointingly empty with Hohmann and Ortmann winning twice each and Cohen and Feijen each winning once. This should unify the American 14.1 stars against a common enemy, not separate them. I was delighted when Mike Davis reached the final of the 2011 Dragon 14.1 event before bowing to the amazing Thorsten Hohmann. I was, similarly, happy to see Johnny Archer win the final of 14.1 event at the BCAPL over European star Darren Appleton and will continue to revel in it whenever an American snaps off a 14.1 event in which their is significant multinational participation.

American fans, promoters and players should all be rallying around and encouraging the members of our 14.1 community and delight in any and all of their accomplishments. John and Bobby are wonderful players and I'll delight in anything they accomplish. We all should!

The focus must remain on what we can accomplish, not on dwelling on things we've yet to accomplish.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
The part of this argument that's hard for me to fathom is why American straight poolers aren't unconditionally supportive of each other, as, it seems, they were years ago.

Since the advent of the Dragon 14.1 event, which is the only 14.1 event that attracts most of the stars of both Europe and America (which are, for practical purposes, the only two continents on which 14.1 events are regularly played), America has come up disappointingly empty with Hohmann and Ortmann winning twice each and Cohen and Feijen each winning once. This should unify the American 14.1 stars against a common enemy, not separate them. I was delighted when Mike Davis reached the final of the 2011 Dragon 14.1 event before bowing to the amazing Thorsten Hohmann. I was, similarly, happy to see Johnny Archer win the final of 14.1 event at the BCAPL over European star Darren Appleton and will continue to revel in it whenever an American snaps off a 14.1 event in which their is significant multinational participation.

American fans, promoters and players should all be rallying around and encouraging the members of our 14.1 community and delight in any and all of their accomplishments. John and Bobby are wonderful players and I'll delight in anything they accomplish. We all should!

The focus must remain on what we can accomplish, not on dwelling on things we've yet to accomplish.

Stu:

Great post and observations. I think the answer to the conundrum lies in the very posting behavior you saw in this very thread. And what did you see? Woofing, gambling challenges, and name-calling.

This speaks to the following things, which "tells the tale" of what happened to pool in America:

1. That pool has devolved from the gentlemen's sport, where 14.1 was the sport of bow-tied kings; to a babbling, name-calling, woofing, mud-slinging arena to "play for the cheese."

2. That no longer are formal tournaments the measure of a true pool sportsman, but rather how you grind, hustle, shell-game, jar (yes, with drugs), shark, jostle, and otherwise any underhanded deed to take the opponent's money. The badge (and indeed, the code) of honor with today's players is no longer your tournament winnings, but rather how you can "take the other guy's money" -- what record you have in gambling.

In Europe -- and indeed the 14.1 powerhouse known as Germany -- things are very different. Just witness the professionalism of the German players compared to the Americans. There is no comparison -- the Americans are a dried shriveled-up mess compared to the Germans and other Europeans.

Sorry if my words offend some, but I call 'em as I see 'em.

-Sean

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Stu:

Great post and observations. I think the answer to the conundrum lies in the very posting behavior you saw in this very thread. And what did you see? Woofing, gambling challenges, and name-calling.

This speaks to the following things, which "tells the tale" of what happened to pool in America:

1. That pool has devolved from the gentlemen's sport, where 14.1 was the sport of bow-tied kings; to a babbling, name-calling, woofing, mud-slinging arena to "play for the cheese."

2. That no longer are formal tournaments the measure of a true pool sportsman, but rather how you grind, hustle, shell-game, jar (yes, with drugs), shark, jostle, and otherwise any underhanded deed to take the opponent's money. The badge (and indeed, the code) of honor with today's players is no longer your tournament winnings, but rather how you can "take the other guy's money" -- what record you have in gambling.

In Europe -- and indeed the 14.1 powerhouse known as Germany -- things are very different. Just witness the professionalism of the German players compared to the Americans. There is no comparison -- the Americans are a dried shriveled-up mess compared to the Germans and other Europeans.

Sorry if my words offend some, but I call 'em as I see 'em.

-Sean

Sean, I think you've painted with too-wide a brush here. It is difficult for me to name names because many of these guys are my peers and I don't want to make things difficult. But I've seen plenty of stick-banging and silly behavior from the Europeans.

I don't think I could classify behavior according to continent. I've seen idiocy and good things from all over.

- Steve

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't think pool's demise has anything to do with antics, lack of gentlemen-like behavior, etc. It's just a lack of money, which comes from the lack of interest in general.

UFC is successful and they bash peoples' faces in.

WWE is successful and they spit on each other and body slam women.

NFL is successful and they put illegal bounties on players' heads.

If being gentleman-like was the key ingredient to success, cricket and polo would be the top sports in America --- and they're not in the top 50.

I suggest that the boring gentleman-like behavior observed by most players is the cause of pool's demise.

"Jolly ho ol' chap, might I say I think you fouled?" <<< That's why there aren't ticket sales / big gates.

If pool were flooded with guys like Keith McCready and Scooter---- it'd be on TV and they'd be playing for millions.

Gambling / mud-slinging is what will eventually be pool's savior....in time..... they're not the cause of its decline.

Sorry to hijack -- just wanted to add my 1 cent.

P.S. I wanna see Schmidt vs Harriman or Schmidt vs Chamberlain ------- We should have someone like Blair Thein be the ref to ensure no one gets out of line physically, but they can say whatever they want to each other --- as long as they're the one shooting. I'd pay for that PPV. Enough with the prim-and-proper--- I wanna hear what these guys have to say.....when it counts.

Last edited:

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think pool's demise has anything to do with antics, lack of gentlemen-like behavior, etc. It's just a lack of money, which comes from the lack of interest in general.

UFC is successful and they bash peoples' faces in.

WWE is successful and they spit on each other and body slam women.

NFL is successful and they put illegal bounties on players' heads.

If being gentleman-like was the key ingredient to success, cricket and polo would be the top sports in America --- and they're not in the top 50.

I suggest that the boring gentleman-like behavior observed by most players is the cause of pool's demise.

"Jolly ho ol' chap, might I say I think you fouled?" <<< That's why there aren't ticket sales / big gates.

If pool were flooded with guys like Keith McCready and Scooter---- it'd be on TV and they'd be playing for millions.

Gambling / mud-slinging is what will eventually be pool's savior....in time..... they're not the cause of its decline.

Sorry to hijack -- just wanted to add my 1 cent.

P.S. I wanna see Schmidt vs Harriman or Schmidt vs Chamberlain ------- We should have someone like Blair Thein be the ref to ensure no one gets out of line physically, but they can say whatever they want to each other --- as long as they're the one shooting. I'd pay for that PPV. Enough with the prim-and-proper--- I wanna hear what these guys have to say.....when it counts.

Pool's savior will be cable tv. For that to happen, pool needs to clean up its act. Gambling, mud-slinging, sharking, unsportsmanlike conduct, dressing up like bums, just isn't acceptable behavior when you're on tv.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
>>

<<

you mean like snooker in the UK and Hong Kong, where they dress up and they DO play for millions? where a single 5-minute frame has several times been worth a quarter million dollars? your assertion is stumbling over the curb of reality.

and as far as i can see, pool IS "flooded with guys like Keith McCready and Scooter", or their wanna-be's. the real deal is legendary; the current woofing crowd doesn't attract people with Real money... or brains.

and we both agree on the lack of money part.

Last edited:

Swag

Registered
Does anyone else want to see some big runs by Bobby Chamberlain? I know I do. As someone who struggles to run anything of note (high run 40) I get every DVD of nice runs I can get my hands on. I have tons of Sigel, Schmidt, Hohman, Ortman, Immonen, etc. I try to pick up things from the different styles, patterns, etc. I've only ever seen Bobby make runs at SBE and I know from experience that it's a little nerveracking trying to put up your best run with a crowd watching. I'd love to have video of Bobby running big numbers. Forget about all the drama earlier in the thread, how about it Bobby, will you post some runs up?
Thanks

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else want to see some big runs by Bobby Chamberlain? I know I do. As someone who struggles to run anything of note (high run 40) I get every DVD of nice runs I can get my hands on. I have tons of Sigel, Schmidt, Hohman, Ortman, Immonen, etc. I try to pick up things from the different styles, patterns, etc. I've only ever seen Bobby make runs at SBE and I know from experience that it's a little nerveracking trying to put up your best run with a crowd watching. I'd love to have video of Bobby running big numbers. Forget about all the drama earlier in the thread, how about it Bobby, will you post some runs up?
Thanks

I played with bobby a few week ago he had runs I cant remember exactly but if I remeber right it was 64 82 and 103 were his highes while talking to me explaining what he was doing tv on music blairing stoping for phone calls , it was fun to watch

Last edited:

Swag

Registered
Thanks for posting one stroke

That's pretty strong with all the distractions and explaining things. Bobby seems like a good guy. Easy to strike up a conversation with. I was lucky enough to catch schmidt's 249 at derby this year and then appletons big run. It's amazing to watch a great player get on a roll, it looks like they'll never miss! Two different styles both achieving amazing results! Seems like you know Bobby's game pretty well, how do you think he would do at the upper levels playing someone schmidts speed, and given that's what started all the drama let me say again I find both guys to be good folks, just haven't seen Bobby play all that much and wondered since I haven't heard of him having a lot of big runs in public or in tournaments. He seems to be one of those good players who fly under the radar and can sneak up on people.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty strong with all the distractions and explaining things. Bobby seems like a good guy. Easy to strike up a conversation with. I was lucky enough to catch schmidt's 249 at derby this year and then appletons big run. It's amazing to watch a great player get on a roll, it looks like they'll never miss! Two different styles both achieving amazing results! Seems like you know Bobby's game pretty well, how do you think he would do at the upper levels playing someone schmidts speed, and given that's what started all the drama let me say again I find both guys to be good folks, just haven't seen Bobby play all that much and wondered since I haven't heard of him having a lot of big runs in public or in tournaments. He seems to be one of those good players who fly under the radar and can sneak up on people.

Im no expert in straight pool , I think gereral concensus is schmidt would win a long set ,, however posting his own money and playing on bobby's table might just prove otherwise,, one thing for sure Bobby will and can post the money,,

I would love to see that happen ,

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with bobby a few week ago he had runs I cant remember exactly but if I remeber right it was 64 82 and 103 were his highes while talking to me explaining what he was doing tv on music blairing stoping for phone calls , it was fun to watch

So what was yours? Let me know when you want to beat up on me...I got time....

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what was yours? Let me know when you want to beat up on me...I got time....

I was thinking the other way around Shit I could hardly get out of a rack I think 23 was my high ran , again Im no straight pool guy ,